my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » NEW ENSLAVED ALBUM

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW ENSLAVED ALBUM
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 30, 2002 18:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From DigitalMetal.com:

Enslaved
Norwegian avant garde metallers Enslaved have set Below The Lights as the title for the follow-up to last year's largely acclaimed Monumension and apparently have parted with drummer Dirge Rep after three albums.
Below The Lights, recorded at Grieghallen Studios in Bergen with Pytten, is slated for a March 2003 release through Osmose Productions. The record will feature the art of Truls Espedahl (Monumension), who has been given the green light to design the album from cover to cover. "Be prepared for a shocking experience!," exclaims Enslaved's website. Early song titles for Below The Lights are: "Queen of Night" and "Horns".

On the subject of Dirge Rep, Enslaved's website has yet to confirm his depature, but if it's indeed true, Enslaved is reduced to a duo (both original members), now that guitarist R. Kronheim is out of the line-up. Kronheim left on his own volition, while Enslaved viewed the action as "necessary change rather than a loss." Rep, however, isn't sitting idle. He's reportedly working in a new project, Orcustus, with Gorgoroth's Infernus and Tormentor, and may perform on the upcoming Ghaalskaag album, featuring members of Gorgoroth and Trelldom.

We'll look to confirm Rep's departure and replacement soon, while fans again can expect to see Below The Lights sometime in March 2003 on Osmose Productions. Stay tuned.

Did you read that? March 2003!!! Tour with the Vod possibilities????

|  IP: Logged
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted January 06, 2003 18:03     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mez, here's the latest in case you missed it. I can't wait for this album.

ENSLAVED Finalize Track Listing For 'Below The Lights' - Jan. 3, 2003

Norway's ENSLAVED have set Mar. 3 as the release date through Osmose Productions for their new album, "Below The Lights". The follow-up to 2001's "Monumension", "Below The Lights" speaks for itself, but again we are proud to say we have gone further down the road of exploration," according to guitarist Ivar Bjørnson, "And on the other hand it is darker and contains more references to the early days of ENSLAVED in the sense of more ambience and structure to the songs. The progressive and experimental elements are still there, more refined and subtle than ever. You will also find pieces of traditional Northern music, this time more incorporated in the ENSLAVED core material.

"Melodic elements and complex harmonics is also a prominent feature on 'Below The Lights'," Ivar added in his official statement. "After returning from the UK in March this year (02) we all realized that R. Kronheim's days in the band had come to an end. Extremely unhealthy and unsociable habits combined with strong personalities and different musical tastes on both sides made it impossible to continue. But hey! That didn't stop us, and with the added force of lead guitarist A. Isdal, we went on to make 'Below The Lights'. The quality of the arrangements and the level of musicianship should prove that the core of ENSLAVED more than survived the changes.

"The cover art is once again under the brush of Truls Espedahl (who also made the artwork for 'Monumension'). This time the artwork will follow the music and lyrics even closer, and a surreal, dark and magnificent piece of art will meet you in the shops 03.03.03.

"After the finishing of the album, [drummer] Dirge Rep decided to leave the band. The reason is quite simple he is burned out according to himself. No point in arguing with that. Goodbye and thanx for the drumwork, brother-in-arms! We have a replacement for live and studio sessions in Freddy B., the drummer some of you might remember from the UK tour in March 2002 when Dirge sat at home with a broken foot!"

The complete track listing for "Below The Lights" is as follows:

01. The Crossing
02. Havenless
03. A Darker Place
04. Queen of Night
05. A Dead Stare
06. As Fire Swept Clean the Earth
07. Ridicule Swarm

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted January 06, 2003 19:52     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Monumension creeped into my top 10 of all time as well. That's the first album for me where the drummer is actually playing a blast beat with soul!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 08, 2003 20:16     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh, you guys are talking about Enslaved! Yes, thanks to Greg, Monumension is working it's way into my top ten of all time as well! Can't wait for the new album!!! Amazing that it's being released the day before The Multiverse. Of course, both will be on pre-order.

Have you guys heard anything about an Enslaved DVD in the works? I noticed that HardRadio.com had an Enslaved DVD slated for a January 28th release date... How accurate this is I don't know... I didn't see anything on the Osmose site.

HERE's the list of releases for January on Hard Radio.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan