my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » Roadrunner to re-issue tons of goodies!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roadrunner to re-issue tons of goodies!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 13, 2002 18:34     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Classic ROADRUNNER Albums To Be Reissued! - Dec. 13, 2002

DISINCARNATE's acclaimed full-length debut, "Dreams Of The Carrion Kind", and CYNIC's ground-breaking first (and only) effort, "Focus", are two of the previously-deleted classic albums that are being reissued by Roadrunner Records Japan on Dec. 18.

The complete list of albums being re-released is as follows:

01. OBITUARY - Slowly We Rot
02. OBITUARY - Cause Of Death
03. OBITUARY - The End Complete
04. OBITUARY - World Demise
05. DEICIDE - Deicide
06. DEICIDE - Legion
07. CYNIC - Focus
08. MALEVOLENT CREATION - Retribution
09. MALEVOLENT CREATION - Stillborn
10. DISINCARNATE - Dreams Of The Carrion Kind

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 18, 2002 21:20     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
06. DEICIDE - Legion

It's about fucking time this "bastard" was re-released!!! Hopefully remastered as well. anything to give more "beef" or low-end to an already awesome album! The songwriting on "Legion" is amazing IMHO, although I always wanted it to sound a tad bit better.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 18, 2002 22:04     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, I just bought Legion a couple of weeks ago and I think it fucking sucks. I listened to it numerous times, but I just can't get into it. It bores the shit out of me, the guitar playing blows and the lyrics are terrible.
The one I want off that list is Cynic. Awesome album.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 20, 2002 01:38     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Actually, I just bought Legion a couple of weeks ago and I think it fucking sucks. I listened to it numerous times, but I just can't get into it. It bores the shit out of me, the guitar playing blows and the lyrics are terrible.
The one I want off that list is Cynic. Awesome album.

To each his own, although when it first came out back in '92, I kinda felt the same as you do. I think mainly because of the production, and that I also was hoping they were going to get "slower" and "heavier" with their 2nd release. In any case, it grew on me! I can't believe that you think the guitar playing blows, it has some of the most brutal riffs I've ever heard, like the opening riff to "Behead The Prophet (no lord shall live)", you gotta at least give that song another listen to!!!

I understand your point about Glen's lyrics though, how many times can a person write about "satan bullshit" and still be innovative and fresh..absolutely "NULL!"

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 20, 2002 12:02     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first Deicide-album also needs a bit of remastering, cuz the sound on that album is even worse than on Legion. Songs are better though...
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 27, 2002 17:03     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry guys, I gave it a few more listens (with a very open ear I might add) but I still don't like it. I actually find it even more annoying than before. I'm gonna trade it in at a used CD shop near my house. Maybe I'll find something I like better.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan