my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » Favourite Prog Death Album?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favourite Prog Death Album?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 15, 2002 06:07     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oops - just realised this topic is already alive and well elsewhere.... sorry. got over excited by listening to Atrocity and Cynic this morning.
Dumbarse!

|  IP: Logged
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted August 16, 2002 13:05     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyway, ATHEIST "Unquestionable Prescence".. It's a fucking masterpiece!!!!
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted October 31, 2002 11:47     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll just say this: Confessor, Condemned
A sentence from a song: Today i lost my will to live, it simply dropped down onto the floor Condemned along with Dimension Hatross are the two best pieces of sound made since big bang.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted October 31, 2002 13:20     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Atheist 'Piece of Time'
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 31, 2002 16:52     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Warcorpse on Immolation. Fantastic album indeed.

Without wanting to be predictable, at least SOMEONE has to mention Death 'Human', of course. I like Cynic 'Focus' too.

And Nocturnus of course. 'The Key' and 'Thresholds' can be regarded as true classics.

Further on: anything by Morbid Angel (yeah, why not?) and Pestilence.

Quite obscure: DVC 'Molecular Shadow'. Found that in some used cd store. Was happy with it. A somewhat underproduced, forgotten masterpiece.

Many names I've forgotten here. But I'm tired...and not very sober...these were just the first that came to mind. And that says enough.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 01, 2002 05:07     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
I'll just say this: Confessor, Condemned
A sentence from a song: Today i lost my will to live, it simply dropped down onto the floor Condemned along with Dimension Hatross are the two best pieces of sound made since big bang.

"Next to the pile of broken dreams - I didn't notice til I saw the stain"
YES! A man after my own insanity! Confessor ROCKS! ! You statement about Condemned and Hatross is fact!
I'm gonna put it on right now just to fuck off everyone outside!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 01, 2002 05:52     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 02, 2002 10:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
"Next to the pile of broken dreams - I didn't notice til I saw the stain"
YES! A man after my own insanity! Confessor ROCKS! ! You statement about Condemned and Hatross is fact!
I'm gonna put it on right now just to fuck off everyone outside!

I will have to check this band out. One, because they're from North Carolina which isn't too far from here. But I read the singer has the high pitched vocals. Is this like bad wannabe Bruce Dickinson vox that afflicts so many progmetal bands?

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted November 02, 2002 19:35     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He he, Forget Dickinson, this guy sings as if someone is trying to prevent him of ever becoming a father. As i recall the swedish band Entombed helped Confessor with getting their album out. Mainly because of the singers Unique sound.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 04, 2002 04:58     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh... Yeah. A lot of people I know can't stand Confessor because of the vocals. But the rythmns are so twisted that you have to listen! You can tell they are heavily influenced by Watchtowers 'Control & Resistance'. If I get some time I'll mp3 a track or two and drop you a line.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 03, 2002 08:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any Theory of Practice fans here? I think these guys are excellent. I've got the Armeggedon Theories on right now. Nice mix of brutal vox, riffing, and a killer rhythm section.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 03, 2002 14:18     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Armageddon Theories is an amazing album indeed. Haven't heard it in a while. Think I'm gonna play it tonight. Thanx Mez for reminding me. Have you heard their new album already? I haven't yet.

Another band I really used to like is Septic Flesh. Very classical inspired Death Metal it is. Didn't hear anything from them for a while.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 20, 2002 01:41     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Symbolic from Death...I miss Chuck.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan