my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » The new Nile album

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The new Nile album
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 21, 2002 09:54     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone here into Nile? I have Black Seeds Of Vengeance and it totally kills!
The newest Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles (BW&BK #59) has an interview with Karl Sanders where he states that the new Nile CD will be called In Their Darkened Shrines. It should be out in late spring or early summer and he says it is a "very ambitious recording" and it "will definetly be epic". Bob Moore is producing. Tony Laureno (ex-Angel Corpse) is on drums and Jon Vesano (of Darkmoon) is on bass and vox.
I'm looking forward to it. I think Nile are true innovators in the Death Metal genre.

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 21, 2002 17:55     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That IS a really good description of them. I brought the CD to work and played it for a dude who is pretty open to other types of music and he had to leave the room! It gave him a headache! So now I don't bring it in anymore. I bring in RRROOOAAARRR and put it on and EVERYONE leaves. I get the whole place to myself.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 25, 2002 14:11     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I managed to very much find myself enjoyying Nile despite my tendency to dislike blastbeat metal... Something about the Egyptian theme and overall aesthetic of the band that really interested me.

I only have "Black Seeds of Vengeance" but look forward to checking out their previous stuff as well as their upcoming album.

I'm also really looking forward to checking 'em out oon tour with Origin and Arch Enemy!!!

Scott L of MFPS
VoivodFan
Member # 105

posted August 16, 2002 13:06     Profile for Scott L of MFPS   Email Scott L of MFPS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Nile crushes "Left Hand Path" and "Mental Funeral".

I dunno man........."Left Hand Path" is one of the heaviest, most convicting pieces I have ever heard.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 31, 2002 09:08     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just downloaded 'Unas Slayer of the Gods' and 'Sarcophagus' from mp3.com. Death Metal definitively reaches a new level here. This must be the best album since Morbid Angel's 'Formulas Fatal to the Flesh'.
psychoblast
VoivodFan
Member # 110

posted September 04, 2002 14:56     Profile for psychoblast   Email psychoblast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Behold!!!
Nile has become stronger then ever in my opinion, now supported by former Angel Corpse(rip, too bad damnit) drummer Tony who does a really great job.

I think this a really great Death metal alike album, but better then that. It breaks the boundaries here and there, simply by pure class.

My first impression is that the album grabs you and takes you on a journey straight through the egyptian world and leaves you breathless and astounded.

Travel through heaviness, atmosphere, melody,speed and a technical oasis.

Though beware, if you do not like fast beats and stuff like that this still might not be your thing(I guess not).

For all others, get it now! It's way better then 'Black seeds of vengeance', this should have been the follow up of 'Amongst the catacombs of Nephren-KA'

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 06, 2003 10:26     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, new convert.

Picked up 'In Their Darkened Shrines' the other day. Man, that's fuckin' insane, evil stuff! Love it!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 06, 2003 10:43     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I prefer black seeds to in their darkened shrines, but Shrines is still a great album and all Nile's output thus far has been of an incredible standard. They are the current champions of the death metal scene IMO.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 07, 2003 17:58     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amongst the catacombs, a corker indeed.

I don't dislke any nile album, it's merely preference based and even then we're splitting hairs to be honest.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan