my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Experiment   » Bass?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bass?
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted April 30, 2003 00:00     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So I was thinking of getting a Bass, what should I get? What company/model should I get to fully capture the Blower Bass of Blacky?
 |  IP: Logged
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted May 01, 2003 12:00     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there any way to emulate the sound just with pedal effects? I don't want to be modifing Amps and such.
Hen Manilla
VoivodFan
Member # 82

posted May 02, 2003 12:17     Profile for Hen Manilla   Email Hen Manilla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I use a RAT distortion about one third of the way up on distortion and it sounds nifty. Of course I have a pretty good rig which really helps.

I play a Dan Armstrong clear bass like Geezer on Volume 4. I love it!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 03, 2003 08:33     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those Dan Armstrong basses weigh a ton, don't they?
Hen Manilla
VoivodFan
Member # 82

posted May 03, 2003 11:18     Profile for Hen Manilla   Email Hen Manilla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, they're pretty heavy, just under a ton actually. I have gotten used to it though. The sustain is amazing! And the beefy pick-up helps generate a nice growl. Too bad I can't find a drummer interested in doing a strange music project!

Also, the short scale is good for my stumpy fingers!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan