my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Experiment   » Effects

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Effects
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 12, 2002 01:43     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What effects do the guitar players here use? What effects do you wish you had?
I'm thinking of getting a Boss GT-6, it's a killer unit. It's expensive though. I like Boss stuff. The ME-33 looks pretty cool and you can find them used sometimes. I'm just using the distortion channel on my amp for now and it sucks. I used to have an MXR distortion pedal(wicked), a Dunlop Wah pedal and a Boss SE-50.
The SE-50 was a good unit. I shouldn't have sold them all.

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 12, 2002 07:45     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah yes! The all important additions to any guitar playing voivod fan's noise making facilities!
I use a Sans Amp distortion box... very nice and very varied, which is something I look for in all I buy. I need things that can adapt to my mood!
A small stone phaser is my recomendation to all.
I also use a cry baby wah, but have to admit that I preferred the Vox wah pedal that I broke on tour a few years ago. Snapped the fukker in half while chucking my guitar about! All in the name of fun!
But without doubt, my favourite guitar toy so far is the Ebow. Monstorous swells can be made with that bastard. I love it!
My next purchase is probably gonna be a Boss Digital Delay.... can anyone recommend an alternative to look at? I've been told that these are the best for the money.

Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted August 12, 2002 18:09     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I'm a bassist so I guess I shouldn't really be posting under this thread. But hey, I use more effects than most guitarists I know. It's all stompboxes, mostly BOSS: signal enters Boss Octave, Boss Bass Synthesizer, Boss Dynamic Wah, Nanotech Compressor and / or DOD Bass Compressor (for sustain), Boss Blues Driver, Boss Tremolo, Tech 21 Sansamp Bass DI. And there's a tuner in there too. Occasionally I use one of those cheapy Zoom multi-effects for messin' around at home too.

If I could, I'd get me a Peavey Transtube FEX. Those things are supposed to kick some major ass!

H, yeah the Boss digital delays are great. A friend of mine swears by his, but double check the sampling length. Some are really short, and some go on fer days...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 12, 2002 19:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Korg AX-1G

Has like 38 fantastic effects plus a volume /swell pedal. All for 120 bucks. The only problem I have with it is switching between one to another that is several numbers down from the effect you're on. Maybe you can program it to do this I don't know. For someone looking for a quality package deal I'd highly recommend it.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 13, 2002 06:42     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, h is right on this one. Multi-effect boxes are pretty weak generally. But this little Korg is a bit different. Check it out, Nucman.
Hen Manilla
VoivodFan
Member # 82

posted August 22, 2002 16:45     Profile for Hen Manilla   Email Hen Manilla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recently switched to bass (a Dan Armstrong!). Effects: Ebow (works great on this bass), Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro, Digitech Bass Whammy, EH Microsynth, Boss Digital Delay, Rat Distortion and an MXR Phase 90. The Gibson EDP is amazing!!! I'm playing through my Laney Klipp and have two Eden cabinets on the way!
Fun!!!

2scared2scream
VoivodFan
Member # 77

posted August 23, 2002 09:26     Profile for 2scared2scream   Email 2scared2scream     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just recently bought a Behringer V-Amp2 off E-Bay, and its not bad at all. I like to keep FX portable and accessible, so small multi-FX units like that are great. The V-Amp is better than the Pod, which is along the same lines, but the distortion/Amp sims aren't as good. Boss Digital Metallizer is pretty good, as is the Rat. I also use a DOD Buzzbox - the one 'designed' by Buzzo from the Melvins, its pretty good!
Hen Manilla
VoivodFan
Member # 82

posted August 24, 2002 05:17     Profile for Hen Manilla   Email Hen Manilla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Edens are a 1X15 with horn and a 2X10 with horn. Both arrive next week!

Gnosticaustilaciousness!

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 03, 2002 09:24     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used to play through a Marshall 80 / 80 hybrid but I traded in for a beat up H&H combo cause it's got a valve driven tube screamer built in.

Fave pedals are Turbo Rat and DX-9 delay

perfect for Phobos pinched harmonies

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 03, 2002 10:34     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally got my grubby paws on the boss delay pedal, and I'm chuffed! It makes some killer noises! my small stone phaser is begining to feel left out!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan