my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » This Is Not An Exercise   » For good reason

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For good reason
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted November 01, 2016 12:06     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok how to keep this website alive, what are the good reason(s), I'm no longer in the band, I hate them now...so why should I keep this site up. The own me big time...f@#$
 |  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 13, 2016 12:01     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess maybe it's run it's course. Posts are few and far between these days.
hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted December 07, 2016 11:24     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still care for people who used to post here, even if they don't any more.
The band though? this site's best days were when the band wasn't even active... so maybe it's not about the band at all...

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 20, 2016 17:15     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Had many laughs and met lots of friends here. Seems the party is over now.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted June 07, 2017 12:22     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuck it, it is still online...man i'm weak, if it's just to piss-off YURI, I will keep it running F0ReViL, LOLOL

Did you guys saw what he wrote about the Nothingface tab book, something about some nameless person who run the internet shop then decide to sell off the tab book over ebay.
link to nothing face tab book topic

What's that suppose to mean, as far as I know there never was a nothingface tab book, at least in recent years.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 12, 2017 01:19     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll throw my opinion here, for what it's worth...

I added a forum to my website back in 2000, based in the same UBB platform used here and at the old site. In recent years, it's been a struggle to maintain traffic, due to the current use of Facebook. I migrated our forums to vBulletin, which was a good boost. It's still a daily chore to steer new users and keep old ones at the site, but that's the path I've chosen.

The lull here isn't due to a decrease in the dedication of the fans. I'd be willing to bet it's due in large part to the proliferation of the Facebook model. People treat that site as if it's the entirety of the internet.

Content is what will make or break a website. If it doesn't stay fresh, it'll will wain. With sites like yours and mine, the content it provided by the users. Therein lies the issue.

I haven't been on this site in a while because my high of Target Earth crashed when you left the band again. I play music as well. I understand the internal issues that come with it. There are people I've played with that I don't wish to ever speak to again. I can only imagine what that must feel like for musicians who have a public history and fans to deal with.

As a fan, I didn't take well to your departure in 1991. I won't lie, it was depressing. The return in 2008 was a dream come true. The resulting album, from a fan's perspective, was glorious. The second departure was enough to cause me to leave the site, since I had nothing positive to say about it.

My son, now 14, is a ravenous Voivod fan. We had tickets to see you on the tour that got canceled in 2012. He thought was finally going to see this mythical Blacky in person at the all ages show in Wisconsin. He found a reissue Dimension Hatross at a record store here in New Orleans (literally seconds after I said, "Good luck. You're never gonna find a Voivod album here".)

What I'm trying to say is, stay the course with the site. The fans need it. I suggest that it be upgraded so fans can easily post pics and share things more easily. The site was cutting-edge at the time it was conceived, but the internet and its users have moved along. They want to see things and post things and share things and interact fast. The UBB platform doesn't allow for that in the ever-decreasing attention span of the 21st century.

I know. Why should you bother, since you're not in the band any longer? I understand that sentiment, but please realize that from the fans' point of view, you will always be part of Voivod, and we appreciate that you interact with us and appear to value that we come here.

To The Death...

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted January 13, 2018 11:49     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi cool post Nothingface. I agree with you that this site need an update. But I like to keep the old feel of it and other too I think, the design that Warcorpse had done is simply too good to be just abandoned. I was going more like a phpbb, perhaps! But also would be nice to keep all the old posts as an archive. Of course the net of today suck big time, I mean, I myself have a facebook account for every single project that I'm involve with. There isn't a way to not use FB if you want to be public. But all the ads and crap you can't go around it, FB is money and money is good, right! This said this VVF site is not the site that will make it or break it for the band. Simply look at their current site and you will notice that it's full of errors, the band doesn't care much, it is run by two people that do their best, I supposed. Here I don't run it, there is a few people that moderate it but that's it, people can basically say what ever they like here and that's the real internet. It's free on all aspect. I ask people to donate simply to help paying the cost of the server monthly rental, but that's not a big deal if people don't contribute much and I appreciate the one that do of course. Back to the point this site is there no madder what and will continue at least for a while then it will go dark at some point, but that's life. No pub, no support from the band, just plain an simple. Better that way. The people that are here just want to find info or exchange ideas and that is perfect. Oh yes I should fix the media page hey! that is down for a good while now! perhaps that can be appreciate by some. regards!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 01, 2018 09:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you're still needing a donation to keep the flag flying here please let me know. I'd be happy to contribute.

I see a lot of value in this place....Let's keep it going. Agree completely with you on Fakebook. Is it really true though that a band would HAVE to use social media now to make it? If that's really the case, then this is pretty sad situation.

Please let me know.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 08, 2018 06:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh duh....I just noticed the pledgie thing at the top of the main page. Is that okay to use....?? I'll drop some change there.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan