my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » The Prow   » Voivod story on combatmusicradio.com 12/20/2005 (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Voivod story on combatmusicradio.com 12/20/2005
KMBT
VoivodFan
Member # 727

posted December 10, 2005 17:29     Profile for KMBT   Email KMBT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This will be a special show dedicated to Voivod, telling there story through the words of Away and the music of the band. Please check it out it has been a labor of love for me, honoring one the greatest bands to ever excist.-Scott Kelly www.combatmusicradio.com
 |  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 10, 2005 18:01     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
isn't this a bit like having only paul mccartney telling the story of the beatles? just saying, no disrespect intended.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 10, 2005 20:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's nice. Thanks for the heads up.

--------------------

KMBT
VoivodFan
Member # 727

posted December 16, 2005 14:48     Profile for KMBT   Email KMBT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who would you rather hear the story from then the man who was there from the start?
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted December 16, 2005 15:01     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KMBT:
Who would you rather hear the story from then the man who was there from the start?

uh oh....

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 16, 2005 15:03     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KMBT:

well he wasn't there right from the very, very start actually (ask him about whizz, haha). but that's nitpicking. however, if he was going to draw the story, i would be psyched...but that wouldn't work on radio.

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted December 16, 2005 15:57     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahaha whizz...i had forgotten about that

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted December 16, 2005 17:11     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any bootleg from Whizz ?
It was a cool name for a band, really metal, I wonder why the have not kept that name...

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et ŕ l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 17, 2005 09:46     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Z
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 19, 2005 08:32     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Geewhizz... Any pictures?
KMBT
VoivodFan
Member # 727

posted December 21, 2005 14:10     Profile for KMBT   Email KMBT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The show is up, somebody tell me about wizz? I don't know the story
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 21, 2005 14:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent! thanks.
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted December 21, 2005 19:24     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THe Whizz band was before they name themselve Voivod...

I can't really laugh at the name of the band since I've played in a cock rock band called Bad Silly Boys ... that's awful....

I've listen to the interview and it's really cool. I like the part about plugin a guitar into a TV and the backward music stuff too is great. Lots of cool storys ...

I've got to listen to some music backward !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et ŕ l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

KMBT
VoivodFan
Member # 727

posted December 21, 2005 22:14     Profile for KMBT   Email KMBT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks I was wondering about that. I'm glad you liked the show, thanks for checking it out.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 21, 2005 22:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
looking forward to listening to this. I just downloaded it from the site, but need to find the time to actually listen to the program.

Hey H, did ya notice there's an interview in the archives with WINO? thought you'd be interested in that one also.

thanks to Away and Combat for bringing the story to us.

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 22, 2005 02:00     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
isn't this a bit like having only paul mccartney telling the story of the beatles?

So that would make you... Yoko?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 22, 2005 08:11     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whizz, haha, I like that! I'm glad they changed the name though. Whizzfan to me just doesn't sound right

I'm DL'ing the show right now, sounds interesting from what's been said.

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 22, 2005 08:25     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
So that would make you... Yoko?

You have that completely wrong. Piggy = John and Blacky = George.

Nia is the Patti Boyd of Voivod.

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 22, 2005 08:54     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SEE???

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 22, 2005 09:15     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh dear, this has silly word puns written all over it...

Ok, I can't resist:

All My Killing Technology
Korgull the Paperback Writer
Order of the Blackbird
Brainscan for the Benefit of Mr. Kite
Sgt. Korgull's Blower Bass Club Band
Here Comes the Divine Sun
Back in the DIMENSION HATRU.S.S.R.
You've Got To Suck Your Bone Away
Everybody's Got Somthing To Hide Except For Me and My Psychic Vacuum

ok, that's enough for now...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 22, 2005 09:18     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Classic! Almost fell off the chair laughing!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 22, 2005 09:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey! That makes Snake... Ringo???

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 22, 2005 10:51     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
Hey! That makes Snake... Ringo???

Yeah that's strange...

Do you prefer:
Yellow Lostmachine
or
Yellow Subeffect
?

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted December 22, 2005 10:55     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Naaaa... Snake's not the Ringo of Voivod! Nia equated Away with Paul, so Snake got the Ringo spot by default.

Ringo's cool anyway.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 22, 2005 12:18     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Nia has more of a 'Wonderful Tonight' vibe about her than 'hiding in a mailbag at Lennon's feet' trip.

Superb album cover, sir!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan