my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » The Prow   » Statement: Personal Note from Voivod to Our Fans (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Statement: Personal Note from Voivod to Our Fans
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 25, 2005 16:43     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, he better get back in the studio soon
can't get to register on blabberfuckface, i tried a couple of times already. oh well.

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted August 25, 2005 16:52     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy will get thru this.
He's got the force to do it.

And please, send your deepest
thoughts to him.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 25, 2005 18:26     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really, really hope so.
PLEASE PLEASE get well soon Denis

--------------------

String em up

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 25, 2005 22:22     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope he is doing okay. I sent him a letter too. Hopefully he gets the chance to read some of these as I'm sure they'll cheer him up.

Be strong Denis! Your fans are rooting for your speedy recovery!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 26, 2005 00:29     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's send him all the positve energy we can !

On an another note I'll be at the Aut'Chose gig in Québec city ... I'll be their for the Zordax project too but another story ,,,,

We are Connected ...

I'm listening to KT DH alot .... hell those record never sound old ... too hot !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted August 26, 2005 04:21     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm totaly sad about that, i've wrote also a letter to him!!
I met him 3 times in Germany, 1987 for the first time...and we have always drank a beer together
Denis get well soon!! You must!!

I'm a newbie here but not of VOIVOD
Hi toghether!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 26, 2005 07:18     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy has made a difference in how thousands of people appreciate music. His sideways riffing open up ears to other forms of music one would not normally listen to.

Speaking as a guitarist who's tried to learn his riffs and solos, his playing is deceptively impossible to duplicate. I mean, the solos are physically difficult for normal fingers to play (not the sheer speed so much as the bizarre shapes, trills and unorthadox string bends etc) and the dissonance in the rhythm playing makes it very, very hard (even for an educated ear) to pick out whats actually going on.

This is partly why Blacky made such a great foil - because he did the job of the bassist AND guitarist underpinning those mad angular chords. Since Blacky left, Away seems to have taken on that counterpoint role making Piggys playing harder and more rhythmic in character, but still about as leftfield as you can get in metal.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to his next album! Get well Piggy.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted August 26, 2005 09:29     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy has always been the core of the Voivod sound and style.
From a personal point of view, his work with Voivod changed the way I listened and subsequently approached music.
Get well soon, Denis!

iiigggööörrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 583

posted August 26, 2005 13:23     Profile for iiigggööörrrr   Email iiigggööörrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just get well bro. You are one of those persons that you feel you are good friends with, no matter if we have never met personally.

Your music has made my life a lot better, and has helped me through the rough moments. It also changed my view of music, being a great influence for my own creations.

Get well, Mr. D'Amour. We all love you, and you still have a lot to offer to this world.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 26, 2005 23:02     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halaine Peau:

thank you so much for posting your photo. it captures piggy perfectly.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 27, 2005 09:23     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second that.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 27, 2005 10:07     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, it's a nice picture. thanx.
Piggy PLEASE get well soon

--------------------

String em up

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted August 27, 2005 10:28     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today the news are terrible.

I'm thinking that we have all the same feeling and would like to help him...

But what can we do ?
Thanks for your music, so much.
My thoughts are with you.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan