my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » The Prow   » Question for all Voivodians

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for all Voivodians
Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted September 01, 2005 10:46     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found my scrap book with letters and memorabilia that Denis sent me around 1985. None of it is too personal, so I don't think it would be in bad taste to post them here. Would people like to see them? The letters show how excited he was when they were just starting out. Also, VERY EARLY photos and picks. If ANYONE thinks this is a bad idea, I won't post them. Thanks.
 |  IP: Logged
Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted September 01, 2005 11:16     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK. I'm scanning stuff now. I might need someone to upload them here, tho'. Don't have any webspace...
Eddie
VoivodFan
Member # 627

posted September 01, 2005 11:28     Profile for Eddie   Email Eddie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are so great!
Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted September 01, 2005 12:22     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
>You are so great!

Wish my wife would say that! Anyway, I'm done scanning. If anyone can upload them to post for me, email me at ellentim@msn.com. I also have many promo 8x10's and press kits I can scan some other time. Thanks!

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted September 01, 2005 13:25     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gloomp:
http://photobucket.com/

Thanks. Will head there shortly!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 01, 2005 14:07     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellentim:
Thanks. Will head there shortly!

That'd be a place to post them until someone can grab them and add to the site, if thats the case. Thanks for sharing!

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted September 01, 2005 17:52     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apparently, Hex is going to put them in the permanent Image Gallery. Thank you, Hex, and all who offered to help...
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 01, 2005 18:00     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx hex. I want to put all the pics onto a disc but it will take ages.
There is just too much to deal with at the moment. Too much to read & look at.

--------------------

String em up

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 01, 2005 19:42     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you Ellentim for sharing! Very much appreciated man!
EDIT: These are AWSOME! Thanks so much! Kinda getting emotional reading them. Voivod was always so much cooler than the other metal bands back in the day... I dunno why, but I just love that scan of the picks, especially how Blacky's is all chewed-up and beat to shit, haha. What a treasure.

And Hex, you are the man!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 01, 2005 20:23     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awesome.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Eddie
VoivodFan
Member # 627

posted September 01, 2005 21:38     Profile for Eddie   Email Eddie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I downloaded them, thanks a bunch.

What I always loved With Piggy and Voivod is how everything goes clearer as you aproach them in any way. The deeper you submerge yourself into it, the more you realize how natural and friendly people are Voivod.
This days, that`s so comforting and encouraging.
So damn allright.

Thanks Ellentim and Hex !

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted September 01, 2005 22:06     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted September 01, 2005 22:14     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for sharing!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted September 01, 2005 22:46     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks.

Was I surprised to see a lot of the stuff I wrote and the pictures I took in the pictures/magazines sections!

Thanks for the people who posted them!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted September 01, 2005 22:52     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought you guys might like 'em! Damn, I can't believe it's been TWENTY YEARS! How time flies. Funny thing- years later, he remembered the cheesy nickname I went by back then- Crashley Budman! He said "You are Budman?" Oui! BTW- make sure you read the part about Blackie Lawless. Freaking hilarious!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 02, 2005 03:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW, this is amazing, relics of the past and humble beginnings. Extra special thanks to Ellentim and Hex for making this happen

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 02, 2005 22:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thank you very much

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 03, 2005 02:15     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellentim:
I thought you guys might like 'em! Damn, I can't believe it's been TWENTY YEARS! How time flies. Funny thing- years later, he remembered the cheesy nickname I went by back then- Crashley Budman! He said "You are Budman?" Oui! BTW- make sure you read the part about Blackie Lawless. Freaking hilarious!

That was the funniest f--king thing I've read in many moons.
Great work Blacky, I have always hated that talentless piece of shit.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 03, 2005 02:29     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, thanks for posting that stuff dude. Absolutely priceless, esp.
those letters and (as previously noted) that shot-to-shit bass pick.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 03, 2005 02:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whew! Quite an impressive collection of the memorabilia we could only wish to possess.

Not enough thanks to express how much I appreciate your sharing with us all the memorabilia.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted September 03, 2005 09:18     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love how Denis signed his letters 'Fast Piggy', and in one in particular, 'Faster Than Ever Piggy'.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 03, 2005 11:55     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On dial-up here, haven't been able to view/download these.
At my dad's at the moment, trying to get some quiet time.
Please keep these here for a while?

--------------------

String em up

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted September 03, 2005 12:47     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One thing I do regret IMMENSELY is, being unemployed the past few years, I had to sell most of my Voivod and other band t-shirts on ebay! I still have my Negatron long-sleeve, but ALL my earlier ones are GONE! Even the VERY FIRST ONE they ever sold! BUT, you can rest assured I will NEVER, EVER sell my vinyl, cd's or cassette demos!!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 03, 2005 13:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah. I had my negatron long-sleeve stolen.
And my KT cd.. I lent it to a friend in hospital.. some fucker stole a load of cds from the hospital.
People really suck sometimes.

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan