my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » The Prow   » MY MEMORIES OF PIGGY.....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MY MEMORIES OF PIGGY.....
VOIVODFAN
VoivodFan
Member # 404

posted August 28, 2005 13:08     Profile for VOIVODFAN   Email VOIVODFAN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My Name is Lloyd Sevigny,
I'm a bassist living in Montreal.
when I heard that Piggy had fallen ill, I had no idea that two days later he would be gone.
My jaw literaly dropped and immediately started to sob. Why is it that whenever someone famous is starting something new {i.e.-damageplan} they are taken from us ?!
VOIVOD has been my favorite band for over fifteen years and I've loved every single note that the band have ever played.
Maybe now we'll have a propper Voivod tribute album. Several bands and artists have cited Voivod and Piggy as major influences in how to make metal or any music for that matter sound different and unique. I've heard everyone from THERION, KATAKLYSM, FAITH NO MORE, SEPULTURA, CADAVER, CRADLE OF FILTH, PRIMUS/LES CLAYPOOL, MEMBERS OF THE NEW MEGADETH speak of them as if they really were the quintissencial avantgarde metal band. This isn't even scratching the surface !
During the PHOBOS tour my band got to open for them for three shows. It was one of my dreams to be on the stage as the mighty Voivod. It was so surreal and seemed to go by in a flash, but I'll always remember when I went up to introduce myself to Denis that he was like me very quite. Almost as if he was writing riffs in his head or just taking in a scene. He was polite and respectful and always had a big smile whenever I complemented something about Voivod.
DENIS "PIGGY" D'AMOUR- YOU WILL NEVER EVER BE FORGOTTEN. I LOVED YOU AND YOUR MUSIC WILL LIVE ON IN ME EVERY TIME I LISTEN TO THIS AMAZING BAND.
To the remaining members of Voivod- I and all the voivod fans are with you in this time of mourning. I hope that This doesn't stop your own respective views and motivations. Just remember that he's probably jamming up there with Cliff Burton, Paul Baloff, Dimebag and all the greats that left us too soon. NO MORE SUFFERING !
In a special tribute I'd request all who read this to listen to the tune "JACK LUMINOUS" in honour of Piggy. I think it's one of his best showcases and is over seventeen minutes long. Sit back relax, spark one or guzzle a few for Piggy !!

--------------------

DEATH TO ALL POSER, NU-METAL, McDONALD'S, AND SHITTY WEED !

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 28, 2005 14:12     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you for that post VVFan.
Your Post helps a lot.

**Raises a shot of Kentucky's best Bourbon for Piggy**

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 29, 2005 10:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Playing this Mofo right away...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted August 29, 2005 10:41     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Guys

It's me again, hanging around here, thinking about Piggy, thinking about Voivod, thinking to about the first time I met Piggy.

It was really a magic moment for me back in 1999 during their european tour with Neurosis. I've just checked my Voivod website and found there a complete and really personnal live report of this show and my meeting with the members.
I was happy to read it again I invite you to read it (it is in french sorry ... with tons of typing error but I think it is ok).

My 1st Voivod Experience

That night, Piggy was wearing a red un-metal shirt with "Mr Love" written on it (means "Mr Amour" in french).

One of the few voivod fan there took a picture of Piggy and me that evening. It's the first time that I upload a picture of me on the internet as I don't like that, but I just want to share it with you.

Me, a voivod fan and Mr Love.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan