my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Project X   » Away's side projects on CD

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Away's side projects on CD
Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted September 05, 2006 11:17     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've read a post by Maldororz telling that Away played drum on a Men without Hat album. So, because it mean that I got another CD to buy I wonder what is the Away's complete discography, outside Voivod. I've heard about concert with Diane Dufresne, a long-playing with a teller called Michel Faubert (he inspired Away on some concept), Aut'chose and soon Kosmos, but I'm trying to find a official list.

I'm sure some of you could help in my quest.

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 05, 2006 12:52     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He also played with Poxy (Xavier Caféine's short lived anglo band). With Caféine and Piggy, they also appeared as Les Trois Pistols, a Sex Pistols cover band.

There was also a kind of glam rock band whose name eludes me at the moment.

Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted September 05, 2006 13:31     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know that he plays drums on the new Xavier Cafeine album called Gisèle. He also played with the band Paradise.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 05, 2006 14:11     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paradise! That's the name of the "glam" band.

Your right, he also plays on "Gisèle". And look who co-produced the album:
Glen Robinson!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 05, 2006 17:24     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Away also contributed to the Jim Thirlwell project Steroid Maximus and appears on the albums "Gondwanaland" and "Quilimbo".

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted September 07, 2006 10:36     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The guy from Foetus
Where are these available? I NEED THEM!!!!! No joke to do with it.

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

evilsnef
VoivodFan
Member # 619

posted September 21, 2006 18:19     Profile for evilsnef   Email evilsnef     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he plays on the new John Kastner(ex-Doughboys,asexuals) solo album "have you seen lucky" along with Jonathon Cummins (Bionic), Alex Lifeson (Rush), Thomas DArcy (Ladies and Gentlemen), Lee Ving (Fear), and Jim Cuddy (Blue Rodeo).
http://www.myspace.com/johnkastner

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 22, 2006 08:33     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by evilsnef:
Alex Lifeson (Rush)

Who?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 20, 2006 11:25     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This bloke looks familiar:
http://www.myspace.com/lesekorches

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 20, 2006 12:47     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, pretty cool! Acoustic hardcore! It reminds me of the acoustic black metal thing...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan