my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Project X   » AWAY art exhibition in Montreal (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: AWAY art exhibition in Montreal
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 09, 2006 23:27     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right on the cover on the new issue of the Montreal Mirror there' a killer drawing from Away wich I never seen !

There an article about the art exhibition featuring Away and Eric Braun.

The vernissage is friday march 17,

Also I chat a little bit today with Wayne Archibald (the guy who have sent the Voivod demo to Metal Blade)... and we were wondering if Voivod will tour ... and both of us wish they will !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 09, 2006 23:48     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this is sooooo cool.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted March 10, 2006 02:51     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh no, this is one of my dreams since 20 years, a vernissage of Away's Art!!!!
But i think i can't go it's to far away
enjoy guys, i envy you!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 10, 2006 06:55     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for letting us know about that! It's hard to imagine his paintings sitting in the back of a closet all this time.

Damn, we are already committed to house sitting in Boston next weekend otherwise I'd plan to be there

Congrats Away!

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 10, 2006 14:57     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
See you there Syl !!!

ill try to get my mother to lend me her digital camera, so i can get some pics for the voivodians unable to attend exhibition

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted March 10, 2006 19:00     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good chances I'll be there le 17 mars.

--------------------

ObituariesQc | Québec Metal RIP Bands
http://www.obituariesqc.com

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 12, 2006 21:42     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SpeeDDemoN:

ill try to get my mother to lend me her digital camera, so i can get some pics for the voivodians unable to attend exhibition

Thanks SpeeDDemoN!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted March 13, 2006 03:58     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
See you there Syl !!!

Thanks a lot! It would be great to see some Away works. Maybe there will be there available a book about the exhibition?

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 16, 2006 18:29     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey it's tomorrow I'll be there !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 18, 2006 17:27     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright...went to the vernissage yesterday...which was located on the far west side of montréal, were i barely ever go in a small place were they seemed to sell artist suply. AWAY had his stuff on one side of the gallery..the orginal paintings of the first 4 albums were there plus many other small pictures...snake droped by with alexiel.got to meet Ron again..there was also free beer for the first 2 hours of the exposition overall great night...took lots of pictures...now i just need someone to help me put them on here !! anyone can help me out ?

--------------------

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted March 18, 2006 20:26     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Alright...went to the vernissage yesterday...which was located on the far west side of montréal, were i barely ever go in a small place were they seemed to sell artist suply. AWAY had his stuff on one side of the gallery..the orginal paintings of the first 4 albums were there plus many other small pictures...snake droped by with alexiel.got to meet Ron again..there was also free beer for the first 2 hours of the exposition overall great night...took lots of pictures...now i just need someone to help me put them on here !! anyone can help me out ?

You could set up an account with photobucket to host them. Tis free by the way.
http://photobucket.com/

Can't wait to see those!

Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted March 18, 2006 21:16     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This one's free too, you can also upload mp3...
http://www.filelodge.com/refer.php?referrer=xtremetal

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 18, 2006 21:36     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
alright...here they are

[URL=AWAY Vernissage]null[/URL]AWAY art exposition

--------------------

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 18, 2006 21:54     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crap..dont try the Url...it dosent work

--------------------

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 18, 2006 22:01     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 18, 2006 22:05     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Myself & AWAY

--------------------

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 18, 2006 22:09     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Myself & Annie (AlexieL)

thats all of them...i hope you like it ! TO THE DEATH

--------------------

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted March 18, 2006 23:12     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted March 20, 2006 04:54     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS PIXS!!!!!
This is one of the best Thread here, WOOWWW!!!
Damn, why am i in Germany...AARRRGGHH!!
...there is something going wrong in

AWAY, move with your pictures to Germany, we also want to them!!!!!!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 20, 2006 12:17     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I arrived at the last minute so I missed Speed Demon, Snake, AlexiL, Ron and Jacques Racine from Aut Chose.

But Away was still there and Éric Braun too(the guy behind this exhibition).

I've heard some song's from the new album and it's definitely heavy! I can't wait !

It was a blast to see the original paintings of War and Pain ,Rrroooaaarrr, Killing Thechnology and Dimension Hatross.

I've talked with Away about Phillipe Druillet comic book among other stuff. Away is cool as always and down to earth.

Also I bought an art book titled 106U#7 put together by Eric Braun featuring 6 pages of black and white art by Away and a two pages color spread in the center of the book which is the art that was featured on the Montréal Mirror cover in a twisted mirror effect.

The book is 224 pages featuring the art from 45 artist from 14 country. It's a special about mutation so it's really weird and mind bending. There's cartoon from Éric Braun about sadomasochism mutation and also art by Fredox who have worked on the last Skinny Puppy album artwork. Overall the book totally kill, psychotic, sexual, psychedelic mutation at is best. Here is the cover of the book wich is a bas-relief by Eric Braun :

If you wanna command the book follow this link to Eric Braun 106U website

The art book from Away should be out around the time the Katorz will came out.

By the way you can command print from Away at the exhibition and it will last until mars 31.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 20, 2006 14:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! That is so cool. Thanks for the pics SpeeDDemoN and Syl. Almost as good as being there, but not quite.

Congrats to Away! He looks so happy.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted March 21, 2006 09:19     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great art! Thanks a lot for the pics!
Maybe one day I could see an Away exhibition art also here in Italy... who knows?

Syl: I tried to go to the link you put but it didn't work...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 21, 2006 11:13     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck!
So amazing!!

I shouldve been there!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 21, 2006 11:23     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Marco the link is working for me this morning try it again.

106U#7 twisted art book featuring Away art and other freaks here

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 21, 2006 16:59     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really, REALLY far out!! THANKS for the snapshots guys!!!

Amazing. That Killing Tech painting close up--WOW.

Michel, congratulations!! NICE EXHIBIT!

I wish Montreal were in my backyard

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan