my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Project X   » One for Blacky

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One for Blacky
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 10, 2002 16:20     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I have been tripping to this Spybey guy,
(a friend introduced me to Dead Voices on Air recently)
and I see you have worked with him.

I cannot seem to find out if there are any copies of :spybey:theriault: still available,
and thought maybe you would know.
The DVOA site is down, and my email has not been responded to as yet.

This CD sounds very interesting to me.

by the way... great job concealing your identity as the '6th Beatle'

WHO KNEW?!

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 10, 2002 16:23     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Blacky...I ordered that CD (Months ago) and it never went through. Twice!

Oh well.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 10, 2002 18:55     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go through Scratch! They carry all Blacky's stuff and are also pretty cool! If you're getting into Mark Spybey & DVOA stuff, the :Spybey:Theriault: album is an absolute must have! Hell, it's one of my favorites of the genre! Spybey's album with James Plotkin is nice too, although it's much more of an ambient record, which I like too.

Tangento, I noticed on your site that your looking for madness that is Lo FLUX TUBE? Is that still the case?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 11, 2002 08:14     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Go through Scratch! They carry all Blacky's stuff and are also pretty cool! If you're getting into Mark Spybey & DVOA stuff, the :Spybey:Theriault: album is an absolute must have! Hell, it's one of my favorites of the genre! Spybey's album with James Plotkin is nice too, although it's much more of an ambient record, which I like too.

Tangento, I noticed on your site that your looking for madness that is Lo FLUX TUBE? Is that still the case?

It is just amazing how every time I discover someting cool, James Plotkin's name somehow suddenly pops up in an association with it.

I will certainly be purchasing the :Spybey:Theriault: thingy, it's just that the site I was on stated that it was limited to something like 70 copies.
(in a burlap bag, no less?)

Oh, I have owned 'Lo Flux Tube' since it came out.
I first discovered OLD via their entry on the Grind Crusher series with their remarkable "Colostomy Grab Bag".
My copy of 'Lo Flux' even somehow managed to escape & survive the

"Great Crackhead Half-Brother CD Heist of the mid-90's"

...as well as countless other near-calamities.
What I was after was input from other people who's lives have been similarly disrupted by this screeching Masterpiece of Musical Mayhem.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 12, 2002 02:18     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scratch carries a lot of good stuff, and they're good people who will hook you up when you're in need of some alky-hol... (in store only, no mail order booze)
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted December 12, 2002 11:22     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
Yeah, Blacky...I ordered that CD (Months ago) and it never went through. Twice!

Oh well.

With who did you place the order?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 12, 2002 11:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky...
It was through this Website, with a Visa Card.

https://order.sidinc.com/xvoto/catalogue.html

That was Months ago though.
Spring-Summer maybe?

Its not a big deal or anything.
It just never went through...and i never got around to Contacting you for a Third attempt.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 12, 2002 19:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the Holy Body Tattoo cds ('Our Brief Eternity' & 'Poetry and Apocalypse) and the Spybey Theriault cd that was released in the burlap sleeve and hand signed by both musicians (thanks Blacky), and all 3 are a great additions to my collection.

Blacky, (or anyone) is there any other projects you have been involved with other than these releases?

I would love to see Blacky and Piggy release an experimental instrumental cd. Considering the rare tracks that they did years ago, it would be cool to hear what they would come up with now...I can dream, can't I?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 12, 2002 20:45     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even though I wasn't clear, my original question was concerning the bulap bag version.
I suppose that is long gone...

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 13, 2002 00:40     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Schroeder,
I have a cd called 'Rame' by Mark Spybey (under the name Propeller) out on Scratch Records that has Blacky, er, Jean-Yves, credited for production duties... although it would be cool to know if he contributed any sounds? Eh, Blacky? Any tidbits/stories about your involvement with Propeller?

Tangento, if you're getting into DVOA/Spybey stuff, be sure to check into Propeller at some point. Truly fucked up sounds in a very good way!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted December 14, 2002 01:30     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The work I did for Propeller was just editing, mixing and mastering, ie the production. As a matter of fact, other than the HBT and Spybey/Theriault project, I didn't do much else, a few other projects that never ended up being released.
I have lots of material, which is in half-finished states, never got around to releasing anything since. Maybe at some point I will release some of it, maybe not, can't promise, though!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 14, 2002 06:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info Blacky, at least I know I have all you work and I don't have to hunt anything else down for my listening pleasure. You have a very diverse cataloge that I'm sure you are proud of...I know I enjoy it!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan