my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Project X   » Blackcloud! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Blackcloud!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 11, 2002 14:09     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, the place definitely did not sell out. You should have gone to Anvil the night before - or not. I heard there were only about 80 people and the Medley holds something like 1200. It must have felt like a big tomb.
 |  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 11, 2002 15:22     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... Blacky said that only 88 people paid to get in for Anvil, and Maurice lost alot of dough, and was probably sittin' somewhere drinkin' and pullin' whatever was left of his hair. I thought that was funny. Maurice would disagree, tho. I thought it was a pretty good turn out for Black Cloud, not too crowded but nobody wants to be crammed like a sardine. I know i dont. That's ok, tho. I'm still glad i was there, although not exactly there. *wink*

I think i spotted Johnny Hart at the show as well, i shouldve went and said "hi" too, but there's always next time.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted November 11, 2002 18:54     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's that? Noitall is putting me on the black list ( ) for an innocent comment about putting on a few pounds? Geez, if someone knows about putting on a few extra pounds with age, that's me!!!

And I'm not one to complain about the place not being jammed packed saturday night... we could hardly breathe or move around at the Motorhead show!!!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 11, 2002 18:55     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
Geez, if someone knows about putting on a few extra pounds with age, that's me!!!

Preach it, brother

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 12, 2002 17:26     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BLACK CLOUD - Forecast: Thrash!
[Hot Flashes - 02.11.11 13:44:43]

by David Perri

If you missed the chance to witness Black Cloud live on November 9, 2002, don't hold your breath for another opportunity. Made up of Flo (Cryptopsy), Blacky (ex-Voivod), Pierre (Obliveon), Daniel (Martyr), Patrick (Ghoulunatics) and Marc (B.A.R.F.), Black Cloud is the Quebec metal supergroup that headlined an impressive show dubbed Thrashback at Montreal's Le Medley. Performing in front of roughly 500 rabid old-school and contemporary metal fans (witness Exodus shirts next to The Haunted hoodies), the band performed a set entirely of ‘80s thrash covers, ranging from Destruction and Kreator to Metallica and Slayer.

Black Cloud was an experience to behold, not only as a result of the surreal cumulative talent on stage, but because the band wasn't just a total nostalgia trip: the songs were performed with the vicious energy of fresh blood.

more-> http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=3188

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 12, 2002 21:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What I want to know is are they gonna start writing original music? Obviously it looks like their is a fire kindling there in the Cloud.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 12, 2002 21:33     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally, i'd like Black Cloud to remain an event type of thing... just one or two shows a year. All these guys got other things going, too.
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted November 16, 2002 02:05     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Devil Man!!!

Go to this ---> Link for some more BlackCloud cool pictures!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 16, 2002 14:23     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great photos, thanks for the link Vacarmes.
And I'm with you Skul on the one-offs deal.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 16, 2002 16:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it just my computer or did this screen wack out and widen by about three inches?

Yeah, I can see the point. This is just funtime for them and there's no need to carry it further than that. Like Blacky said, they've all been down that road before.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 06, 2004 15:53     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
bumped by popular request.

some of us poor sad souls missed this by a year or so....

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted February 06, 2004 15:59     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of the first posts i read when i joined, but still the best

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted February 07, 2004 12:53     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
bumped by popular request.

some of us poor sad souls missed this by a year or so....

not to mention a couple thousand miles, heh.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 07, 2004 13:49     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
details details. A couple thousand miles is no big deal - that's what airplanes are for. Time travel, on the other hand, is a little more difficult.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 09, 2004 07:41     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, cool reading! Sure wish I was there!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan