my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Project X   » E-Force live - RaismesFest (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: E-Force live - RaismesFest
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 13, 2004 12:55     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
E-Force live @ RaismesFest - Chateau de la Princesse d'Aremberg 2004.09.11

sorry no pics, no audio (not yet... I hope I can get a copy!)

As I was having a look around, somebody grabbed my arm - "hey, a fan of Voivod!!", me: "hi... oh... are you from EForce?"
Well he said he was, and when they jumped on stage I realized he was the drummer...

Met also Eric briefly before the gig; had a look for shirts but there weren't any, only the one Eric was wearing...

So, of course it starts with the Evil Forces intro... then I can't remember the setlist I was too busy headbanging, there was Germ Warfare, Global Warning, Mayhem...
highlights for me: Crypto-Sporidium, Psychopath (a bunch of Slipknot kids joined the pit on this one), Scarring (just as I was thinking "they didn't play the Scarring"...blam!)
And of course Insect and Project X (nice mosh pit on the fast part!)
They certainly were the first band to make people move!

I talked a bit with the drummer, and Eric, as they were stuck at the merch booth after the show:

- the new guitarist joined only one week before the gig
- New album? probably next year, "faster, heavier, angry thrash metal" (well that's okay for me, bring it on!)
- Exact dates with Macabre? they don't know yet, but said there will be D.R.I. on the tour too!!!

OMFG, E-Force / Macabre / D.R.I. !!! christmas comes early!

Other bands of interest at the festival:
S.O.H. [FR] www.SOH.fr.st (stands for Seeds Of Hate), the best of the small bands IMO, played after E-Force. Solid, classic thrash metal.
Tygers of Pan Tang: good performance though I don't like all their tunes; great singer!
Primal Fear: amazing vocalist, sounds a lot like Rob Halford; flawless performance, tight and powerful, very professional. Thumbs up also to the many fans who stood there when the rain poured!
Rage: very powerful too... hell, the monster with a mohawk who was bashing drums is a KILLER! Don't miss Rage if they're playing in your area, the drum solo alone is worth it!

edit: so it's Krof on the drums, not Louis...

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 14, 2004 02:30     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes, Eric rules. My opinion is he has a great voice. For Voivod also. The last two before the last one rock in a different way then all of them except for the two ones before the last one if you catch my drift.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 14, 2004 02:59     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
a few pictures HERE ...

it was a single date at this festival.
then the tour is November 1st to 25th, with Macabre and possibly DRI!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 14, 2004 03:07     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutrino:
E-Force live @ RaismesFest - Chateau de la Princesse d'Aremberg 2004.09.11
no audio (not yet... I hope I can get a copy!)

I should get a copy within a few weeks...
wanna trade?

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted September 14, 2004 13:29     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool pics. E-Force kills!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 14, 2004 21:41     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
yes, Eric rules. My opinion is he has a great voice.

you forgot to mention how cute he is.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 15, 2004 02:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xXniaXx:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by paul:
[qb]yes, Eric rules. My opinion is he has a great voice.

you forgot to mention how cute he is.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Oh well, i met him once in '95 in Tilburg The netherlands but did not have the guts to talk to him. I spoke with Away that night and when i was in my car i hit myself for not talking to him !!!

--------------------

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted September 16, 2004 08:07     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, Thanks for your support!!!!
No need to hit yourself in your car just give me an email and say hey whats up.....

CHEERS
ERIC

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted September 16, 2004 08:51     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
eforce13@hotmail.com
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 16, 2004 10:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EFORCE:
eforce13@hotmail.com

allready did that...

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 16, 2004 10:39     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xXniaXx:
[QUOTE]you forgot to mention how cute he is.

I thought that was my job...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted September 17, 2004 03:28     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ladies,Ladies .....
No need to argue just enjoy!!!!!!!!!
CHEERS
ERIC

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 18, 2004 14:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the infos and great review Neutrino!

Pics from the Raismes Fest are now online! More coming later today!
http://www.recordfinder.com/eforce/

Another review (en Français) has been posted at Metalchroniques.com as well. Check it out!

Working on getting some video to post soon too, so keep an eye out!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 18, 2004 17:27     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EFORCE:
Ladies,Ladies .....
No need to argue just enjoy!!!!!!!!!
CHEERS
ERIC

hahaha!

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 20, 2004 15:36     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey they have some cool photos at www.metalchroniques.com/gallery/index.php?cat=17

and 4 more with a concert report in french at www.metal-live-revenge.fr.st
(click on the bard, then 'photos' or 'live reports'..)

wasn't Krof playing in a Marseille band named K-lomny? klomny.free.fr/html/krof.htm

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted September 20, 2004 19:20     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes thats him.......
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 20, 2004 23:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was checking out the pics of RAGE (after looking at the cool E-Force images of course) and beings it's been years since I last bought a RAGE cd (I have Perfect Man - Secrets In A Weird World - Invisible Horizons 3 track cdpromo & Reflections Of A Shadow) my question is:

A) Is that Peavy with the shaved head?

B) What do they sound like now, compared to what I have from years past?

I think a long time ago we discussed this topic on this forum, but my memory is mush from too much work

NP: E-Force 'Belief'

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 21, 2004 08:45     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh Shro.... get Rage's most recent one, "Soundchaser", immediatly.

It's amazing!

Try this one out for size:

rage-war_of_the_worlds.mp3

And yes, Peavy's the baldy now.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 21, 2004 09:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, as usual Skulhed, I was all over RAGE's site after I posted last night and downloaded all the media they had... they still ROCK and are still heavy.... NICE!!!

I've got them on my MORE MUSIC TO BUY list!!! I was hopin' SOUNDCHASER was the YES tune, but that's not the case, although the tune is VERY COOL!!!

NP: War Of The Worlds (yep, gotta get this)

--------------------

yawn

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted September 22, 2004 05:03     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Eric

Do you have more informations about the european tour with macabre ?
I've heard that king of Mosh DRI would be on the list too ....

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted September 22, 2004 05:19     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actaually I just received the dates yesterday!!!!!They will be posted on the E-FORCE website by next week because there are a few T.B.A. dates that need to be completed but yes it is a green light re:this tour D.R.I./MACABRE/E-FORCE.....
So get your lungs and livers ready because E-FORCE and co. are coming to your town to do it the fuck up!!!!!!
cheers
ERIC

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 22, 2004 06:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holland ??

--------------------

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 25, 2004 05:20     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
more photos posted here:
http://noiseweb.free.fr/photos/raismesfest.htm
http://noiseweb.free.fr/photos/index.php?pers=3&rep=raismesfest/04E-FORCE

live report (in french, not much about E-Force anyway)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 26, 2004 00:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Eric,

Would you consider modelling some leather pants for a men's magazine I subsribe to?

XOXOXO,
Mez

krof
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 491

posted September 26, 2004 07:54     Profile for krof   Email krof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!
Fuckin'pic you found!!!!
krof

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan