my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Project X   » Piggy and Away in Aut'Chose with Lucien Francoeur!!! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Piggy and Away in Aut'Chose with Lucien Francoeur!!!
Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted March 15, 2005 13:27     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw this in the "Voir" from montreal :
ÉCHOS DES LOCAUX

-Le bassiste Vincent Peak (Groovy Aardvark), le batteur Michel Away Langevin (Voivod), le guitariste Denis Piggy D'Amour (Voivod), le claviériste Joe Evil (GrimSkunk) et le percussionniste Martin Dubreuil (Breastfeeders) pratiquent tous ensemble depuis quelques semaines. Cette brochette de musiciens franchement alléchante ne prépare rien de moins que le retour d'Aut'Chose en compagnie de Lucien Francoeur. Le guitariste original de la mythique formation, Jacques Racine, est également du projet qui célèbre le 30e anniversaire du premier disque d'Aut'Chose. Un premier concert est prévu au Café Campus le 7 avril. Une rencontre entre deux générations qui fera trembler le Québec.

Here is the link : http://voir.ca/musique/scenelocale.aspx?iIDArticle=35188

|  IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 15, 2005 15:26     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got my ticket !! see ya there.

Ça va être comme à radio...

C'est rien...

C'était rien...

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 15, 2005 17:43     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you lucky, lucky bastards

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 16, 2005 12:24     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
have practised all together for a few weeks.

How the f*ck do these guys find the time for that while making a superb dubble album and triple DVD ???

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 16, 2005 12:38     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
..that's quite worrying yeah!! Want to hear the next VV album before anything else.

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 17, 2005 10:53     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seb YB1:
On compte sur vous autres pour "accoster" Away et/ou Piggy et enfin avoir des nouvelles substantielles ?????

que??!

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 17, 2005 12:22     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
On compte sur vous autres pour "accoster" Away et/ou Piggy et enfin avoir des nouvelles substantielles ?????

you know, they do live in montreal. if you go to shows you will see that they are out all the time, so trust me, there are a lot of opportunities to ask nicely. accosting people is not nice. so don't do that.

Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted March 17, 2005 23:24     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
euh... si t'as ben vu j'ai mis "accoster" entre guillemets car c'est une façon de parler !

J'vois pas le drame là-dedans, demande leur, parle leur de la façon dont tu voudra, mais tout ce que je veux c'est des nouvelles, puisque Internet n'est pas dans leur façon de communiquer alors aussi bien leur demander en personne. Je n'ai vu aucune nouvelle "officielle" (note encore les guillemets) depuis des mois, voire des années, les source laissent toujours des doutes.

Je reste pas à Mourial, faque si j'avais la chance de leur parler, je le ferais !

sans rancune...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 18, 2005 00:18     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Je reste pas à Mourial

then get on the map, dude. but seriously, i don't know what extra information you think you would get by asking in person, it will all happen when it happens and that's just how it goes.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 19, 2005 06:58     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I begged him to stop and he just looked at me without emotion. There was no anger in his face, he did not seem crazy. He was just coolly finishing off his victim. He wanted to destroy him. ."

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 04, 2005 09:37     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's a link from La Presse about that gig. Why is Piggy staring at the back of Francoeur's head?
HERE (sorry it's in french)

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 07, 2005 14:22     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tonight it's the end of the WORLD !!!!
Enfin Aut' Chose tabarnak !!!

Prends une chance avec moé envoye viens t'en.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 07, 2005 15:40     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
Tonight it's the end of the WORLD !!!!
Enfin Aut' Chose tabarnak !!!

Prends une chance avec moé envoye viens t'en.

We want a report, please.
And pics, if possible.
Thank you.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted April 08, 2005 13:05     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah! so what happen? how was it? we all need to know.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 08, 2005 13:07     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, you lucky sods

--------------------

String em up

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 08, 2005 14:57     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some comments here:
FRANCOEUR FORUM

No pics yet. They will post videos of the show on the site. They will also record an album with that line-up... Stay tuned!

(And look who's on that forum: Syl Disjonk!)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 11, 2005 09:17     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still waiting for a report...
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 11, 2005 13:27     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright !

I'm back on earth.
I've got to say that the Aut' Chose was a hit.

I arrived late at the gig so I missed like an hour ... fuck. When we finally get there Aut' Chose was playing "Pousse pas ta luck ok bébé". I a slow song at almost make me cry my ass off.

There was alot of electricity in the air the crowd was a cocktail of younger and older fan.

The setlist was killer with : "Comme à la Radio", "Belle grande Blanche", "Nancy Beaudoin" and "Le Rap à Billy" with double bass drum was something totally surreal.

Away did alot of double bass drum !!! mix in a 70's psychedelic rock it was crazy.

You coud feel that everybody on the stage was having alot of fun.

Xavier Cafeine and Papillon join Lucien on the mic for "Les Pays d'en haut". Total party on stage on the heaviest Aut' Chose song.

It's weird because this summer after the Plastique Bertrand gig, Xavier Cafeine ended up at a party in my appartement and an old Aut' Chose show was played on the VCR...

Piggy and Jacques Racine was a great guitarist combination. Vincent Peake kick the shit out of his bass. By the way he have done some shows with Voivod when Snake made his come back.I remember that the Voivod set was really hot at the show they made opening for Motorhead with Vincent Peake on bass.

Some Aut Chose pics will follow soon.....

An other weird thing... the morning after I saw Away, Piggy and Vincent on street St-Denis. I talked a little with them just before they get in a taxi.

We'have talked about the Aut'Chose show. Away confirmed me that thay have 23 new songs done and they will recored this July !!!

I asked about the double album rumors and Away sounded like it's gonna be a normal one... well normal... a good choice in my opinion ... keep the cream of the crop for a killer album on focus.

Away confirmed about the art book and the DVD ... The 3 of them are really cool guy and fun to talked to. No rockstar bullshit ... not an ounce...

Well that's it for now ..

The Kreator and Vader show was great on saturday but that's another story.

KILL

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 11, 2005 15:23     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Syl! That must have been supercool!

I read that they will release an Aut'Chose album with that line-up, along with remasters of all the old albums.

Also, there will be images (video? stills?) of this gig very soon on LUCIEN FRANCOEUR'S OFFICIAL SITE

"Le Rap à Billy" with double-bass drums... Haha, Away rules!!!

EDIT: There are also rumors of a DVD...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 11, 2005 17:50     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
does anyone have any mp3s?
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 12, 2005 22:32     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here comes the pics
Right HERE !!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 13, 2005 12:32     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very cool, merci!!!

Piggy with the yellow SG! Vince possessed by his bass! Away with the Vagabond shirt... again! Le freak de Montréal! Looks like fun!

(Oh and the guy with the tambourine, is it Johnny Maldoror from the Breastfeeders?)

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 13, 2005 17:02     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The guy with the tambourine, is from the Breastfeeders ? But I"m not sure about his name ... Papillon was there too... And a man came to sing "Comme à la radio"...

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 13, 2005 18:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sure wish I knew more about the band. What sort of music?
Thanks Syl for the nice pics!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 18, 2005 23:47     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's one thing I forgot about the Aut' Chose gig.

Simon Lacroix "Le freak de Québec" give a vhs to Lucien Francoeur with an Esbark aventure that deal with Francoeur.

We can see Esbark inside the brain of Francoeur ... it's very educational I can tell you.

Since Maldorrröööaaarrr is an Esbark fan I must tell that the infamous Esbark DVD is lauching this week !!!! It's gonna party hard ... with some cock metal videos, the final episode of the Esbark saga and Mike Waters "chanteur metal" will be there.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan