my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Project X   » PROJECT: FAILING FLESH: Putting Finishing Touches On New Album

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PROJECT: FAILING FLESH: Putting Finishing Touches On New Album
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 07, 2005 11:28       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PROJECT: FAILING FLESH: Putting Finishing Touches On New Album - Dec. 7, 2005

PROJECT: FAILING FLESH's Kevin 131 (GARDEN OF SHADOWS, TWISTED TOWER DIRE, BRAVE, WHILE HEAVEN WEPT) has issued the following update on the recording sessions for the group's new album, "The Conjoined":

"We have just about finished mixing the new record. I have spent the last few weeks doing mixes, letting them rest awhile, then going back and doing recalls and minor adjustments. All the songs are mixed now and Tim (and myself) are listening and making notes. Eric [Forrest, vocals; ex-VOIVOD] is back in France and forced to listen to rough mixes only... for now. A few have asked about the new record, so I wanted to post a new update. Things are well underway... as most everyone knows, the process takes awhile. Doing a song a day, give or take... a few were upwards to 60-70 tracks. The title track ('The Conjoined') has a drum core section that alone was 20-30 tracks. Not to mention mikes all over the place. And then the takes of close miked drumming stuff that me and Tim did in addition. So just getting them sorted out took the better part of a day. What the hell were we thinking when we recorded these songs? I may have to punish Tim for this. Certainly no presents for Christmas this year. The songs are sounding great, very happy with them. But I guess every band says that about their new record. Eric sounds the best he ever has, Tim's riffing and ideas are sick as usual, and the songs are quite varied. Nice places that break it up with strange parts. Same as last time, we just did whatever we wanted to for this record. It's not all the same type of sound all the way through, enough things to keep it interesting. Artwork in progress, mastering next, and then we are aiming for a release early 2006. Before then we will have an Internet-only track available for download on www.myspace.com/projectfailingflesh. It will only be available there, not even on our official website until a bit later. Go and add us there if you'd like to be informed when it comes out, we will make a post when it is."

PROJECT: FAILING FLESH's debut album, "A Beautiful Sickness", was released in the U.S. earlier this year via Candlelight Records USA. The CD was issued in Europe last September through Holland's Karmageddon Media (formerly Hammerheart Records).

IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 07, 2005 11:44     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted December 07, 2005 19:11     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah that!^^^^ but with some of these added on the end------>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 08, 2005 00:42     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm ecstatic, I love P:FF

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 08, 2005 17:14     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
Eric i don't want to take anything away from P:FF but when is the new E-force due out??
Both bands are great but i'm more into E-Force.
i will however be buying albums from both bands.

HE L.E.

Lets just wait for PFF first, the man cannot do E-Force at the same time? I like E-Force a lot to although i give PFF far more round in my player then E-FORCE. I say i like em both. HAIL ERIC FORREST, the man who kept Voivod alive and gave them an other sound...

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 08, 2005 17:55       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well he already told me earlier that a new album would be out in early 06 i was just hoping to get some more news.
EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted December 09, 2005 07:44     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At the moment, still in the writing process for the next E-Force record....This takes time..........As I have a new guitar player
and do not want to rush things.Just want quality..Plan to record sometime next spring,then a release, T.B.A......with an updated web site etc.
If you liked evil forces, you will enjoy what has been created so far......!!!

The next P:FF record, will kill you!!!!!!!!
Some really cool tracks happening on this next 1..........

stay tuned.......
cheers
ERIC

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 09, 2005 13:52     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

String em up

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted December 09, 2005 20:05       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
can't wait to hear either album

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan