my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What about this site?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What about this site?
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted January 13, 2018 14:30     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi everyone, Nothingface mention on the "This Is Not An Exercise" forum "for a good reason" topic, that perhaps we should upgrade to Vbulletin and I'm thinking that perhaps phpBB is easier to do, I actually found some old convector for UBB 6 to phpBB 2, then from there to phpBB 3 which is the current one. Of course we will lose for a while the look aspect of this beautiful KT design. So anyone have comment? and perhaps good skill...?
 |  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 19, 2018 15:59     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't got the skills but if I may make a suggestion, if it's possible and not too much hassle, bring back the good ol' chat feature I'm sooooo tired of Facebüük etc.....

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted January 26, 2018 15:56     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL , funny I was thinking the same thing the other day, plus having the media page back would be also nice. Let me check on open source chatting apps that can run on the server. I found a good media apps, it's call ampache so I shall install that at some point. I'm having problem with the conversion from UBB to phpBB, this UBB is so old that I can't find an earlier version of the v.1.1.2. Everything is good until it's time to convert the posts, all fail....bummer. anyone here?
hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted January 26, 2018 21:43     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh thee blackest one, may I suggest we keep this ancient but beautiful piece of ubb intact but get back chat, media and maybe some other apps that are actually useful and might be appealing to people to actually come here and, you know, talk? Replacing ubb with phpbb or whatever other forum sw is nothing more but bikeshedding ("how about we paint it turquoise?"). There must be tons of new and exciting features in these forum softwares, extremely useful for all three people posting here now.

Chat, on the other hand, is cool. Chat trails used to be the most popular thread here, wasn't it? And media too.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan