Click here to lend your support to: Donate to keep VoivodFan alive! and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » ROAR / KT / DH 3-disk reissues (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: ROAR / KT / DH 3-disk reissues
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted October 06, 2017 10:01     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK I hate LEGATION...come on where is the fuckin' money...
 |  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 31, 2017 06:09     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At last I got the 3-CD versions this month. It was well worth the money.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted October 31, 2017 06:50     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I liked this part of Away's interview at BraveWords:

quote:
By then I had more material that was handed to me over the years, on DVD-R and all that. So finally, everything is there. Everything from the Iron Gang archives. If you combine that with the reissue by Alternative Tentacles of To The Death '84, everything is available now. Finally. I can move on,” he says with a laugh.

I strongly hope he refers to "D-V-O-D-2" with this!

--------------------

... we are connected ...

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted December 09, 2017 09:17     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheHade:
I liked this part of Away's interview at BraveWords:

I strongly hope he refers to "D-V-O-D-2" with this!

Oh boy! don't get me start. F#$%@

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted December 26, 2017 18:19     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
Oh boy! don't get me start. F#$%@

Do you refer to the same problems you mentioned in the "VOIVOD non-album tracks?" thread?

--------------------

... we are connected ...

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted January 03, 2018 10:12     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheHade:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by blacky:
[qb]Oh boy! don't get me start. F#$%@

Do you refer to the same problems you mentioned in the "VOIVOD non-album tracks?" thread?[/QB][/QUOTE]

No! not really the same problematic...but at some point you will figure it out!

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted January 07, 2018 11:22     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
No! not really the same problematic...but at some point you will figure it out!

I certainly hope so!

--------------------

... we are connected ...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 19, 2018 16:02     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my first ever copy (really!!) of Rrröööaaarr a month ago - been spinning it in my car for 2 weeks and loving it!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 23, 2018 01:14     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Got my first ever copy (really!!) of Rrröööaaarr a month ago - been spinning it in my car for 2 weeks and loving it!

Do you "speed up in hell to run so fast" when Helldriver comes on?

I got all 3 releases back in March when they were available on Amazon, since I had a $50 gift card, still had about $5 left over afterwards too, haha. They all sound GREAT

--------------------

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted January 26, 2018 15:40     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I listen to the re-release of ROAR and I'm curious where the Demo version came from, simply because it is actually the exact same recording, so it is not a pre-production cause I don't recall having made one, so as for a demo, all I could think is that we did made a rough mix version of the recording to shop around. I have check with the original release and the re-release is the same simply better mastering, louder and cleaner. One particular thing the demo it is a little faster, like the tape is running a little faster, same recording just the playback is faster, not sure why, cause the final mix of that album was done in the same studio, so same tape deck, but I think that at the mastering lab in NY the playback tape went slower that would be the only thing. Like Korgull is 20 seconds shorter in the demo. Piggy and I were at the mastering and we never notice any difference, odd.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 30, 2018 17:33     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I listen to the re-release of ROAR and I'm curious where the Demo version came from, simply because it is actually the exact same recording, so it is not a pre-production cause I don't recall having made one, so as for a demo, all I could think is that we did made a rough mix version of the recording to shop around. I have check with the original release and the re-release is the same simply better mastering, louder and cleaner. One particular thing the demo it is a little faster, like the tape is running a little faster, same recording just the playback is faster, not sure why, cause the final mix of that album was done in the same studio, so same tape deck, but I think that at the mastering lab in NY the playback tape went slower that would be the only thing. Like Korgull is 20 seconds shorter in the demo. Piggy and I were at the mastering and we never notice any difference, odd.

Hey Jean-Yves, isn't the "demo" simply this rough mix tape? Looks like you guys must have sent some of those out back in the day. The speed could be the result of some shitty dubbing along the way, haha.
Rrröööaaarrr Rough Mix

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted February 08, 2018 09:36     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Hey Jean-Yves, isn't the "demo" simply this rough mix tape? Looks like you guys must have sent some of those out back in the day. The speed could be the result of some shitty dubbing along the way, haha.
Rrröööaaarrr Rough Mix

Yes I think that is the rough mix, but I think the speed is really due to not set the reel tape properly, normally you have to adjust with the tone that is on the tape, was our mistake, but no big deal. Could also be that at the mastering we decide to slow it down a little, I can remember, Piggy would perhaps know, we both were at the mastering session of that album in NY. I think that is what likely happen, I will ask Maurice...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan