my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » ROAR / KT / DH 3-disk reissues (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: ROAR / KT / DH 3-disk reissues
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted March 13, 2017 23:10     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So this is a thing:
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/voivod

Looks like a bunch of you already ordered but I figured I'd put it here for stragglers.

All three releases include two audio CDs plus a DVD. Having pre-ordered all three, it worked out to less than $45 including postage.

Nice to finally have these done (even though I'm far more interested in Blacky's new material instead).

Looking forward to the '88 footage from The Anthrax, I was there, wonder if I made the cut.

All the best,
PAULIE

PS Yeah vinyl too but probably mastered from digital sources so fuck that shit.

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

|  IP: Logged
Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted March 14, 2017 08:52     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pre-ordered the CD-Bundle too

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 14, 2017 09:11     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Trying to work out if there's anything on the cd/dvd's that I don't already have. Probably gonna order them anyway. Would like the vinyl, but I already have the originals and money's a bit tight at the moment.

Who got the test pressings?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 15, 2017 14:28     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, money is the main problem here too. Gonna get the CDs, price is good for a 2CD+DVD package.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 17, 2017 08:58     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Price is excellent, considering that shipping to South America is very expensive!!!! I have all those in CD, but I loved the WAP reissue, so I'm hoping something similar to that in these packages, anxiously waiting!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 24, 2017 17:12     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reminder Paulie! I went and preordered the CD/DVD bundles as well. Really looking forward to checking these out. Pretty great deal!

Interested in the vinyl as well, but like you h, already have the originals. Will these be widely released as well?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted March 25, 2017 13:43     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This PledgeMusic bundle stuff is just for pre-orders, which many bands are doing these days. It's not necessarily a fundraising thing, just convenient. So yes, the releases will also have typical distribution and will available at the outlets you would typically expect them at. In fact the three LPs can also be pre-ordered at High Roller now (http://www.hrrshop.de/) with a release date of March 31.

Best,
PAULIE

--------------------

-----------------

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted May 22, 2017 23:54     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got them, listened to the audio CDs only so far.

I am *very happy* with the remaster of KT, it's finally crisp, the old CD was utter trash. The guitar seems a bit lower than memory serves, but still, this is leaps and bounds beyond the last ones.

An anal-retentive friend indicated that one of the bonus disks (don't recall which one) has some pitch issues, the playback is a bit too fast I think - This is sadly common these days, folks will just roll the tape and tweak an EQ but not check to see if the pitch is correct. This is particularly important since so many tape machines used to record shows ran on batteries, as well as the variance between players - A tape recorded on one machine will not necessarily be played back at the same speed on another.

Looking forward to checking out the DVDs, but this won't happen for a while yet. So if you have thoughts on those materials, let's hear it please!

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

-----------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted May 24, 2017 11:20     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haven't received mine yet!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted May 26, 2017 12:54     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys should have been in the band, I received mine, CD/DVD and Vinyls early this month. Just teazing you guys, the package they made is pretty great, just don't like all the writing and stories, seem that the life of the band was SO hard, boo!woo! I certainly don't have the same story to tell.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted May 26, 2017 12:58     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry me again, just saw this new book, Damn the Machine – The Story of Noise Records. Noise rip off so many bands, that include Voivod, someone have no judgement at all. Money talk bullshit walk...once again! Please don't buy into this...ok second hand maybe
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted May 26, 2017 13:59     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was going to ask you, what did you think of the reissues, now I can see...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted May 30, 2017 15:33     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't get me wrong, I cherish every single moment with the band, that was mine also, I started it with Piggy back in the days. Piggy and I spend almost every single days from 1981 till 1991, so for 10 years we were a team, best friends, inseparable. So for that I will never forget. The big question for me now is, did I made the right choice by coming back in 2008. Perhaps for doing shows, yes for sure, but I shouldn't have made an other record, write new songs. Voivod was over after I first left, then for sure after Piggy's death. No matter what others think or says, you can't carry a name/band without the composers.
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted May 30, 2017 22:07     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Having you back in Voivod made it legitimate, just as much as the trio lineup was legitimate. But now that you're out, the chief composers/architects are no longer there, no deal. Voivod is over for me. And that's fine.

--------------------

-----------------

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted June 05, 2017 05:44     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should write your own book, Blacky!

I'd love to read more of your perspective!

--------------------

... we are connected ...

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted June 05, 2017 21:48     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
The big question for me now is, did I made the right choice by coming back in 2008. Perhaps for doing shows, yes for sure, but I shouldn't have made an other record, write new songs. Voivod was over after I first left, then for sure after Piggy's death. No matter what others think or says, you can't carry a name/band without the composers.[/QB]

I wish you'd never left back in 1991, Blacky, but you're right, after Piggy's death, there was definitely no more VoiVod. Thankfully we still have all those great albums. Thanks.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted June 07, 2017 11:51     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All this said, I'm still happy with the Target Earth album, I wrote most of the songs and try with Chewy and Snake to give it an old 80's vibe, but for sure it could have never be what we had then. Chewy is a great guitarist but he still just emulated what Piggy was doing. Perhaps now the songs he almost certainly right all by himself are more him then on Target. But Voivod is an old band now and like many old band they are a parody of themself.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted June 07, 2017 17:58     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About those Noise pledgemusic Re-Issues.
This articles is about Celtic Frost but can also relate to Voivod and many other bands. While this is about band vs label, there is also issues between band members, like not telling you everything, the true can often be harmful.

To tom Warrior's blog

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 05, 2017 17:35     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello folks,

Haven't posted here in a loooong time but haven't forgotten the site either Good to see VVF is still alive!

About the reissues: I will order all three probably next month when I have the money. RRRÖÖÖAAARRR I've never owned, believe or not, so now is the perfect opportunity to correct that. KT & DH: I have the original Noise vinyls and CDs, and I can't wait to hear the remasters!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted August 06, 2017 11:16     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The re-release are great, except from liner notes re-written history made by Away, once again he has done it! Omitting Wayne Archibald to be the person that contacted Brian Slagel of Metal Blade record is only one of the omissions. But hey! some will say, who give a fuck! And no he wasn't there when Piggy ask me to do a band with him, we both started the whole thing, not him....ok i'm stopping bitching here. Can someone tell that moron running the voivod.net that my name is spell Jean-Yves not Jean-Ives, it's in the top pull down menu. I try for 5 years to make that happen, but still nothing. Man that guy is a looser
VIVID
VoivodFan
Member # 1353

posted August 08, 2017 11:57     Profile for VIVID   Email VIVID     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The guys a loser for having a Voivod fan site?

The problem is Blacky you are on a FAN FORUM!!

And bitching about your old band, jeez take a break man, sounds a lot like sour grapes.

I think Voivod are still very credible as a band and not a parody at all, i mean Post Society was a great E.P and the band are still doing well, i mean they just supported Metallica!! does that sound like a parody?

--------------------

vivid \W/

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 19, 2017 10:54     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doesn't sound like sour grapes to me, just someone from the inner circle sharing their view - which I for one am interested to hear.

I've always loved this band - whatever the line up. It's great to have the opportunity to read these things after so many years of silence. And perhaps read between the lines? Thanks Jy. Or is that Ji?

Looking forward to hearing Eric Forrest's side of things at No Sleep til Wieleman!!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted September 08, 2017 15:41     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VIVID:
The guys a loser for having a Voivod fan site?

The problem is Blacky you are on a FAN FORUM!!

And bitching about your old band, jeez take a break man, sounds a lot like sour grapes.

I think Voivod are still very credible as a band and not a parody at all, i mean Post Society was a great E.P and the band are still doing well, i mean they just supported Metallica!! does that sound like a parody?

Hi Vivid, you should know that the voivod.net / voivod.com is the official website, it is no longer just a fan site, so miss spelling should have been corrected by now, I personelly ask the person in charge of it to correct it while I was still in the band, just so you know. As for the re-writing of the history of the band, I was there so I should know what happened in 1982-83 and not given the credit to Wayne Archibald is also wrong. Away has often been re-writing history in his favor. And yes perhaps I'm little piss-off how the whole band turn out. If you are close to him, ask him what happen, why I really left (force out) the band. And this website is hosted on my server so I can say pretty much what I want. kidding!!!
I don't and will never dislike the band as a whole. I was part of it and it is a part of me also. But if someone say something that I know is wrong, and I don't care who that can be, trust me I will say something at some point. I'm not call Blacky for nothing.

For them to open for one single show for Metallica is not the end of the world, I say it's about time. Good for them, I'm happy that happen. Btw do you have any idea how they get the gig? Please tell me, you seam to know lots.

I talk to E-force in 2007 I think, not exactly sure of the date, anyway we talk for a while, that was the first time I met the guy, it was backstage at a club in MTL. He told an interesting story about why he was not in the band anymore...after his accident...nothing to do with a stack of amp falling on his shoulder...trust me

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted September 22, 2017 08:43     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Blacky, that book idea sounds great!!! Would love to hear your side of the story and read about your time with the band. I'm sure you have tons of cool personnal stuff collecting dust in your basement that would be gold to us fans. Old photos, tour anecdotes, juicy stories, blower bass tales, etc.

As a graphic designer, I'm willing to do the page layout for free and I live 20 minutes ouf of Montréal. Let's do this!!!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted September 22, 2017 11:26     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
Hey Blacky, that book idea sounds great!!! Would love to hear your side of the story and read about your time with the band. I'm sure you have tons of cool personnal stuff collecting dust in your basement that would be gold to us fans. Old photos, tour anecdotes, juicy stories, blower bass tales, etc.

As a graphic designer, I'm willing to do the page layout for free and I live 20 minutes ouf of Montréal. Let's do this!!!

You are funny! thanks for the advise, but no, I'm not interested in doing a biography book about Voivod, specially not about my life, too many of those already.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan