my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Who's Dog? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Who's Dog?
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted February 08, 2018 10:44     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Same to you, and nice setup you got at home!

Can you imagine having that setup... just behind me on the photo, you get the Neve rack, those stripes 8 with one spare were part of the original mixing board of Abbey road, and the legend tale is this was the same board that Sergeant Pepper was recorded on. Maybe that explain why it was so well recorded. At some point I open the spare stripe, these are pre-amp, you pass the mic directly into one of those and straight to the tape. Inside all the components had no serial number, seeam that they were all erase so nobody could copied the stripe. Look like military components, pretty amazing. I know that I took a photo of it close, but don't know what happen to it. Perhaps Piggy kept it.

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 23, 2018 11:52     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy almost 2019! I'm still here dammit. And still waiting on The Wake to show up in my mailbox.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted September 24, 2018 09:44     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi hypergrrrl, always good to support them, i suppose. Let us know what you think of it.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 30, 2018 06:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm back.

Man, this is really strange. What's it been like 7 years or something???

Thought I'd take a swing by here after running across the new video , Iconspiracy....which I thought was pretty awesome btw......amazed to see this wonderful place still exists.

I got sidetracked a couple years by facebook which was really dumb. I've since deleted that garbage. Ugh. What a complete waste of time.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 31, 2018 13:46     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Lee!

I still check in here from time to time. Funny, I really only like the social media stuff to talk music, and no where else has topped the VVF community for that. Would be great to get this place kicking again, if there was interest.

I'm kinda stuck on Facebook as it's my only link with some remote friends and family members, but it sucks for most things.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 01, 2018 08:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, like I said I ran across this clip from the new album and thought...Hmmmm....wonder if VVF is still in existence. Popped over here and lo & behold....it is!
I understand what you're saying about using FB to keep in touch with remote friends & family....But to me, keeping up with certain folks was just not worth it anymore because of the deluge of crap that is on there. I also believe that in general social media really cheapens the experience of communication...The brain is so overwhelmed by needless info on there it totally squelches anything meaningful from the message. So like yeah, you might be keeping up with Aunt Sue...but are you really? Now after having cut it off....when I receive a letter from someone or even an email it holds FAR greater weight than anything I may have received on Fakebook. Another example would be an exchange on this forum. Like seeing this note from you on here or that totally awesome photo of Blacky at the recording console from back in the day....that's so cool. Even if it takes a couple days....this exchange means so much more. I really miss that. I could go on & on about this but....

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 01, 2018 16:28     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sometimes still checking this place. Surprised to see Mez posting again! Hopefully more of the old guard will return and make VVF great again.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 02, 2018 13:42     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, keep checking...we're back baby! haha...Good to see you again man. Hope you're doing well these days.

Just ordered the Wake............! I know we all wish the one missing member was on this...and I'm sorry he got screwed by them. I guess the question is....should you boycott art if the artists are SOB's.....??? Well, I know how JY would answer that hahah....Me..I'm not so sure.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 03, 2018 17:54     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm doin well and I'm hoping you do too. Nice to see you back here.

I love The Wake. Boycotting? Nah... it sucks how they screwed JY, but for me I just enjoy what the 'Vod puts out and what Blacky puts out with his own project (good stuff). I guess business and expecially music business just brings out the worst of people.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 04, 2018 22:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hola, AR, Mez, X-D, et. al:

I now, for the first time in my silly life, have a laptop!

So, here I am. Haha.

Also, I somewhat echo some of the general blah about Fartbook. I do miss this sort of localized conversation too. And, Hey Mez! Glad to see you here again. I surprisingly remember my log in info, hahaha.

I have not listened to The Wake yet. WTF? I will get to it. The lp is here, I just haven't had the time to sit and listen to it.

Here's a thing...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 05, 2018 15:31     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lunaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Great to see you return to Black City as well. Now the fun's really starting again. And have some tea.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 05, 2018 15:51     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
Hi happy 2018 you fucks! all!

HEY! Give me back my drum stick! I was looking for that!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted November 07, 2018 11:36     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no way man, learn to tune your drum first, then perhaps I will give you back your sticks.....
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted November 07, 2018 11:56     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey girls and guys, let's talk, no more bullsh@#$ no censorship, let be free. Get off twitter and facebook. This forum is the best place...ok once upon a time it was. Maybe we should just go back a few years then....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! King Kula is back!!!

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted November 07, 2018 15:01     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted November 14, 2018 04:44     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NOOP

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan