my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » A complaint. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: A complaint.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 03, 2015 23:44     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This site really needs a massive overhaul. Posting pics, vids, or anything fun is a pain in the ass, or impossible.

The board hasn't been updated in... ever.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 18, 2015 06:48     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that would be great but I doubt there's enough traffic here anymore to warrant this. Kind of sad, makes me pine for the old days before FB. Hell I don't even know how it stays open....as we haven't gotten any request for $$$ in quite some time. Who's paying the light bill now?
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 18, 2015 07:27     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope this site does not die a silent death. I am sorry i am not as much here anymore. Fuckbook has taken over.

I kind of miss the days before Fuckbook also, this was a great place!!!

With the inest bunch of peeps

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 18, 2015 13:09     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't visit FB to commune with you guys. I only come here to find out what's happening.

Whether or not this site lives or dies depends on the dedication of the people who make up the community here.

I run a club and a site that has been steadfast against allowing FB to become the new "home". I keep that site updated with the best software possible and while many are present on FB, they are still on our site every single day, for over 15 years,

It is more complicated with a band that goes so hot and cold, but... my site deals in vehicles that rolled off the assembly line 50 years ago. So, it's not like we're gonna hear anything new over there.

I'd like to be able to easily post all the photos and video I took at the Houston show, but this site's software is soooo outdated. I used to use this same software, but as the world moves on, you have to keep up.

This site will indeed die (if it isn't already) a slow death if it fails to update within 10 years of what is the current expected website experience, AND if everyone continues to rely on FB for everything.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 18, 2015 17:28     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This site needs to be reanimated. It looks like death, it smells like death. We all need to post again. Me too, I haven't been too active here. Not because of Farcebook (don't have account, never will), just lameness. And the creeping feeling of talking to a brick wall. Why even outpour my deepest inner emotions when no one ever reads it! I need this board for mental stability. Even though most of you don't care. Mind you, this is not another case of self -pity, just a

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 19, 2015 08:59     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothingface I think that it will be cool if you will help to build an updated version of Voivodfan.

You got some points there. Facebook is cool but it's messy and hard to find back information or pictures.

I'm mostly a lurker in the shadow but I always sneek here once in a while.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 19, 2015 09:33     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe it's force of habit, but this place is the first site I go to everyday - Voivod news is vastly more important than the moaning stupidity of fuzzbook. Even if there never is any ;-)
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 20, 2015 08:41     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Guity of not coming too often as well. I guess it's up to us to revive this forum!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 21, 2015 06:13     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same, how you 'orrible lot doing?

--------------------

String em up

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 21, 2015 17:30     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
Nothingface I think that it will be cool if you will help to build an updated version of Voivodfan.

I will help as much as I'm able. I remember there was talk a few years back about updating this software. I started using UBB for my site after using this one when it first opened. 5 years ago, I switched to vBulletin. I don't use the option, but it also gives you the option of interfacing with FB, if you feel it is a must.

Merging from one platform to the other is time-consuming, but not too tedious.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 22, 2015 22:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where's Casper when we need him???
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 23, 2015 09:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What this place needs is a good arguement. How much better would that new song sound with the Blower Bass?
hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted March 23, 2015 11:15     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, I'm always here. How can I help? Start a fight? (We are a fight club here, aren't we?)

I mean, if people are more interested in Facefuck than VVF, then more power to them.

I can fix some stuff with this board but I've never done any work moving forums from one platform to another, so there's not much I can help if that is what's needed. But I don't think software is the problem, with this number of people actually coming here, it just works (TM). Making it fancier is unlikely to make too much impact on how many people come to chat here. Just my two cents. But if there's anybody willing to undertake the upgrade (nothingface?), then why not, I will help as much as I can.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted March 24, 2015 11:33     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I stop in every now and again. Nice to see a few folks pop out of the woodwork. I think part of the malaise here might be the very state of Voivod itself (?).

I still love Voivod as a whole but could not bring myself to see them when they came through town a few weeks ago - While I think Dan is doing an admirable job, I really was not excited about seeing them without Blacky there. Sorry. That being said, the new song does not suck. But I'd have preferred to have Blacky on it. The whole split really left a bad taste with me. Not having Piggy there is bad enough, but there's nothing that could be done about that. But the split with Blacky, I dunno, couldn't that have been worked out? I suppose it's not our business to know, but it's really taken the wind out of my sails in regard to the band.

That being said, I'd be terribly happy to hear what HE is up to!

I've been pushing "Dimesland" in the bands-that-sound-like-Voivod thread, no mystery there.

We've been hearing for probably 10 years if not longer about the expanded reissue series with the Iron Gang tapes involved, still waiting, waiting, waiting. Watch me hold my breath. At the very least, I'd re-buy nearly every album if they were freshly remastered with more depth and range than the prior issues.

I guess that meandered a bit. Oh well, there it is.

And that's about it for me, nose to the grindstone.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 24, 2015 15:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha....just reading your post Paulie when I flipped over to my fagbook page and was surprised to see this:
http://bravewords.com/news/tau-cross-featuring-voivod-amebix-members-streaming -new-track-lazarus

And it ain't bad.........love the Amebix's guys vocals.

Great post you made there....I think the lack of VV activity...and more importantly the lack of Blacky activity with the band like you said...has really slowed things down here. I mean this site was kind of his baby to begin with..........(course he wasn't in the band either then when they started this site). I still check in here and always will....but I got so many distractions now its really hard to devote the time to it like I did before. Which pretty much sucks. But hey, what can you do? I'd be happy to donate more $$ to keep it rolling though.

Oh and thanks Casper.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 24, 2015 18:36     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:

The whole split really left a bad taste with me. Not having Piggy there is bad enough, but there's nothing that could be done about that. But the split with Blacky, I dunno, couldn't that have been worked out? I suppose it's not our business to know, but it's really taken the wind out of my sails in regard to the band.

My sentiments exactly!

I was going to let this same emotion keep my from driving the 375 miles each way to Houston to see them on the last day of the tour, but in the end I ended up going so Speed could say he saw them. I can't imagine there will be many more chances. I can say with most certainty that I'm very happy we went.

I had a HUGE post loaded with pics and stuff that I tried to post when we got home, but this antique software wouldn't let the pics load right and when I went to fix it...
POOF! Entire 30 minute post disappeared. So, I decided to start this thread.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 26, 2015 06:36     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did someone say argue?

Board's fine...

Change isn't good!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 06, 2015 12:41     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone wanted an argument on here? Just like the good old days?

FUCK OFF HATROSS!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 06, 2015 12:55     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry folks.
I didn't have anything constructive to add to this thread, except I will say I agree with Nothingface.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 06, 2015 12:57     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
adding this just so I can see three #6's in a row.

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted April 07, 2015 11:50     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mmm ... maybe nothingface if he can do it ( it takes time and patience that only a true voivodfan ofering his computer skills/knowledge) if he knows what is doing, improving something for the better, why not? In this I'm with hex and K.
Ok now #7 vs #6 part can start

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 07, 2015 20:32     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by K:
Sorry folks.
I didn't have anything constructive to add...

ok ok we can use a "like" button... but don't change any other shit ...specially the rules!

Up yours Mr K

No religious persecution on my FB wall bro... you were warned.

I may not be religious but alot of my family and friends are.

Head to the TM section, I'll kick my own ass lol ...again ...in front of everybody!

(PS; grow the fuck up... my nation of immigrants practices religious freedom)

MAN

TAR

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 07, 2015 21:14     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 07, 2015 21:16     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They say pictures tell a thousand words...

But I just wanted to see three lucky number 7's in a row.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 08, 2015 11:02     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, That was a bit of fun!

I also have no idea what he keeps on about when he talks of my "Religious persecution" of him on Facebook.
I have only deleted him (a couple of times) after he went off on these incoherent rants on everything I posted about or commented on.

Hatross...I am Atheist, you (or your family) are Christian. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!
I have told you that over and over again!
I have NEVER posted ANYTHING on your page!
I have also never said anything AT ALL about your family!

DAMN! You need to be back on your meds man!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan