my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod / Napalm Death tour 2015 (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Voivod / Napalm Death tour 2015
Nanoman
VoivodFan
Member # 622

posted February 01, 2015 12:01     Profile for Nanoman   Email Nanoman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool - thx for the reply Cthon!

quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
in Atlanta, first band went on at 6ish and Voivod was 4th. they started around 9 or so, hope this helps.

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 09, 2015 17:18     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was looking at this site to try to comprehend what a Magma setlist would be looking like, but when I checked into Voivod's current setlists, I was pleasantly surprised to see some pretty nice variety happening! Would still give a kidney to see them drop Astronomy Domine in favor of one of their many superior original compositions, but great selections otherwise!

Setlists.fm: Voivod

Love that they are playing Order of the Blackguards and Forgotten in Space on this tour!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 12, 2015 19:16     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They did play Warriors of Ice and Inner Combustion in Worcester, this is crazy !
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/voivod/2015/the-palladium-worcester-ma-bca1de2.html

I went to the gig in Montreal, it was a great show !

I very cool that they are changing the setlist alot. It change every night.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 14, 2015 12:31     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn they were on fire Thursday night here in frozen Winnipeg!

Missed Black Crown Initiate, which sucks coz I saw them a few months ago and was really impressed. Totally a musician's band.

Iron Reagan was just plain fun. Old school thrash/crossover. Great set. Their song "Your Kids An Asshole" was awesomeness.

Exhumed were incredible! Wasn't very familiar with them but I'm sold now! During their set a really strong smell of gasoline filled up the venue and everyone was looking around at each other like WTF? Then they brought out the fucking chainsaw and it all made sense. Fucking brilliant! At the end of the set they did a shtick where they cut off some dude's head and blood sprayed over the pit. Hilarious!

Voivod totally destroyed the place. Seriously. Tight as hell and the songs flowed seamlessly. Such energy too! Sound man did a wicked job. Got an elbow right in my fucking eye in the pit. LOL Was lucky to catch Away and Chewy after the show and chat briefly. Top notch guys. Away said he remembered my drunken ass from the last time they played The Zoo. LOL Snagged a hoodie that looks super badass. Set list was Ripping Headaches
Tribal Convictions
Overreaction
Mechanical Mind
The Prow
The Unknown Knows
We Are Connected
Voivod
Astronomy Domine

Napalm Death delivered the goods too. The place went berserk. Great gig. Everyone left happy (and maybe a tad hammered)

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 17, 2015 00:23     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It may be a mistake, but I've canceled my plans for Houston.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 17, 2015 21:01     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seattle tomorrow!!

Bummer Nothingface. Hey, maybe they'll play NOLA next time? They fucking have to!!

Thanks for the review fellow Nuc!!! :-P

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 20, 2015 12:44     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Seattle show was awesome! The band are "road-tight" at this point and playing at the top of their game. Dan is a phenomenal player... so glad I was able to see this!

Voivod's setlist...

Kluskap O' Kom
Tribal Convictions
Psychic Vacuum
Warriors of Ice
Forgotten in Space
Inner Combustion
We Are Connected
Voivod
Astronomy Domine

My only complaint was that I could have watched Voivod for another hour. Even the grossly overplayed Astronomy Domine was fantastic. Got to see Forgotten in Space played live, took home a Killing Technology shirt and my 11 year old son is definitely "connected" to the Voivod experience in a big way (he's now got his own Voivod shirt too). Life = Good.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 20, 2015 19:43     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back on for Houston. Gonna drive, for it is now cheaper than flying. Bringing Speed, but he won't know what's up til we get there.
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted February 21, 2015 16:30     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Next Saturday Houston aka "Space City"/H-Town will be connected when Voivod targets Texas with Napalm Death at Fitzgerald's...Deceased will also be here on that same day,playing earlier that day!! Can't wait to see both...Napalm Death will be intense as well...it's been 12 yrs since the last exposure to Voivod...really wish the Blower Bassghost was with them on this tour but I'm very excited about this show...would love for them to pull out "Warchaic","Artefact","Corps Etranger" and "Too Scared To Scream"....a nice wish anyway...
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 23, 2015 15:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DUDES! Thank you all for the show reports. The fury rolls through Albuquerque tomorrow!

X-D man, I agree with the 5-6 band gigs. Enough of this already. I'm loving the set lists, and damn it I will try to remember the set list here. I've a super shitty memory so maybe I'll rely on my smart sister hypergrrl for that info.

I'm hoping to get to sit down with Dan and anyone else who can join us in my fave microbar next door to the Sunshine Theatre and enjoy a pint or more. I sure hope that works out. Ugh, it starts soooo early. I plan on missing that first band, but looking forward to everyone else.

Cheers! ! ! ! PIGGY ! ! ! !

VOIVOD! ! ! ! ! !

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 26, 2015 21:29     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greetings...been yrs since I've been on here. Luckily my password is easy to remember. So my sisters and i caught the gig in Albuqwerky....got to hang with Dan at the bar next door before the show. Swell guy. Well the gig...damn, they sounded tight! I was pleased with the setlist, which i have but don't kno how to post a pic from my fone. Gotta say tho, something or someone was missing, besides the obvious. I guess anyone can run a bass thru a distortion box and call it good, however there's a certain style, a feel that only one person can get right in this band. It was noticeable to me. That sound, that ooomph was missing. But Chewey made up for it in a big way on his side of the stage. Good to see Away back playing with two bass drums! They looked happy, and lucky to be where they are at this point of their career. Such a positive vibe coming from the stage! All the other bands were great, angry but great. And Voivod walked on with smiles, assaulted us with the songs we all love, and left the stage smiling! epic!! Here's the set..

Kluskap O'kom
Tribal Convictions
Order Of The Blackguards
Nothingface
Corps Etranger
Chaosmongers
We Are Connected
Voivod
Astronomy Domine

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 27, 2015 09:15     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slugaloo:
Gotta say tho, something or someone was missing, besides the obvious. I guess anyone can run a bass thru a distortion box and call it good, however there's a certain style, a feel that only one person can get right in this band. It was noticeable to me. That sound, that ooomph was missing.

I get a lot of grief for this sentiment.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 27, 2015 09:44     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well said Carlo (Slugaloo)! It was a great show with great energy. I'm so very happy you, me and Luna were all there together again - it's a family affair I Loved the set list and of course I could have done without the Pink Floyd cover, but it was fun to hear anyway. Final thought: I hope it's not long before we see them again
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 27, 2015 15:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since I wasn't able to make it thanks to the flu......I'm really enjoying the reviews here. Keep them rolling please.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 27, 2015 17:12     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah man Mez, that sucks. I'm sorry about that. I LOVED the songs played in Albuquerque. What a great set list and yes, everyone in the band were happy and they sounded sick. I sure hope they come back soon. It was great hanging out with Dan for a bit. He enjoyed his pint of Oatmeal Stout from the Chama River Brewing Co. I also bought him a small growler of the Scottish Ale from another local brewery called Bosque Brewing Co.

Anyhoo. What a great night! I wish I'd been able to talk with Snake but he wasn't around after the show. I introduced myself to Rocky who's a nice guy (of course), and he gave me a guitar pick. So cool. I'm glad slugaloo scored a set list. I wish I could experience that again. And yes, Blacky is missed. Thankfully they've found someone to step in so they could come to my town.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan