my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod / Napalm Death tour 2015 (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Voivod / Napalm Death tour 2015
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted November 04, 2014 23:00     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Blabbermouth, here: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/napalm-death-and-voiv od-to-join-forces-for-north-american-through-space-and-grind-tour/

NAPALM DEATH and VOIVOD will join forces for a North American tour, aptly dubbed "Through Space And Grind", in January/February.

Said NAPALM DEATH frontman Mark "Barney" Greenway: "As a celebration of both the unconventional and more straight-out methods of musical attack, I think this tour lineup really hits home.

"To think that 30 years ago I was marveling at the savage eccentricities of 'War And Pain' and now I'm sharing stage / living space with Snake, Away and co... surreal, almost.

"From NAPALM's perspective, we'll bring the overdrive to the spaciness. It's all going to rage whichever way you slice it."

Added VOIVOD drummer Michel "Away" Langevin: "I am psyched to tour North America with NAPALM DEATH, for which I always had a huge respect. We crossed path over the years and finally we'll get to unite VOIVOD's spacy thrash metal with NAPALM's grindcore. A perfect combination!!"

NAPALM DEATH and VOIVOD tour dates with EXHUMED, IRON REAGAN and BLACK CROWN INITIATE:

Jan. 27 - Miami, FL - Grand Central*
Jan. 28 - St Petersburg, FL - State Theater*
Jan. 29 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade*
Jan. 30 - Winston-Salem, NC - Ziggy's*
Jan. 31 - Baltimore, MD - Soundstage*
Feb. 02 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theater*
Feb. 03 - Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer*
Feb. 04 - Toronto, ON - Opera House
Feb. 05 - Ottawa, ON - Maverick's
Feb. 06 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
Feb. 07 - Worcester, MA - Palladium*
Feb. 08 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance Theater*
Feb. 09 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Ballroom*
Feb. 10 - Chicago, IL - Reggie's*
Feb. 11 - Minneapolis, MN - Amsterdam*
Feb. 12 - Winnipeg, MB - The Zoo
Feb. 13 - Regina, SK - The Exchange
Feb. 14 - Calgary, AB - Republik
Feb. 15 - Edmonton, AB - Starlite Room
Feb. 17 - Vancouver, BC - Rickshaw Theater**
Feb. 18 - Seattle, WA - Studio 7 #
Feb. 19 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
Feb. 20 - Oakland, CA - Metro ##
Feb. 21 - Fresno, CA - Strummers ##
Feb. 22 - Los Angeles, CA - House Of Blues
Feb. 23 - Tempe, AZ - Club Red ##
Feb. 24 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater ##
Feb. 25 - Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall ##
Feb. 26 - Lawrence, KS - Granada Theater ##
Feb. 27 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey ##
Feb. 28 - Houston, TX - Fitzgerald's ##

* RINGWORM
** DAYGLO ABORTIONS
# THEORIES
## PHOBIA

NAPALM DEATH will release its 15th studio album, "Apex Predator - Easy Meat", on January 27, 2015 (one day earlier internationally) via Century Media Records.

NAPALM DEATH will appear at the 2015 edition of the 70000 Tons Of Metal cruise in the Caribbean (Florida / Jamaica) from January 22 to January 26, alongside bands like ARCH ENEMY, BEHEMOTH, BLIND GUARDIAN, CANNIBAL CORPSE, MUNICIPAL WASTE and many more.

VOIVOD tapped Dominic "Rocky" Laroche to play bass for the band following the departure of Jean-Yves Thériault (a.k.a. Blacky). Laroche, who has previously performed with blues musician Steve Hill, made his live debut with VOIVOD on July 12 at Festival Jonquière En Musique in the group's former hometown of Jonquière, Quebec, Canada.

VOIVOD's latest studio album, "Target Earth", came out on January 22, 2013 via the group's own company, Iron Gang Factory, and Century Media.

------------------------

That's a pretty sick schedule - From a full month of touring, only two days off! Wish we could get the Dayglos on this in the states but oh well. As disappointed as I am to not have Blacky there, this *will* be a good bill to see for sure...

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

|  IP: Logged
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted November 04, 2014 23:34     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yes!!!!....Voivod. is coming to Space City...aka H-Town or Houston(take your pick)...As soon as I saw this,I had to respond...Haven't seen them since 2003!!! I'm not going to miss this awesome round of "space chaos"...it's no doubt bittersweet that the Blower bass ghost won't be on stage...We miss u man...I really needed some sort of good news as this was Election Night...err Re ich here in Texas...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 05, 2014 06:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't believe they're actually making a swing through the south............unbelievable!! ATLANTA here I come....!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 05, 2014 06:35     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Look at the scedule... my dog. Only 2 days of in a month!!!

Lots of fun ya'll

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 05, 2014 06:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Booooo! European fans miss out AGAIN!!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 05, 2014 20:21     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHA, h.

Well of course I can not miss this, but obviously my opinion is that it's a bit too late

Guess I'll never see Blacky in Voivod...

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 06, 2014 06:37     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
HAHA, h.

Well of course I can not miss this, but obviously my opinion is that it's a bit too late

Guess I'll never see Blacky in Voivod...

my thoughts, too. wish this wasnt so late in the game.

but i will try to make the Atlanta show.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 08, 2014 23:19     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am totally jacked about this. I think the Zoo will be too small of a venue for my town. The Garrick might be a better size. Regardless I'm booking the day off (and the next!) and will be right in front!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted November 09, 2014 13:10     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod back in the 505 and at the Sunshine Theater!! Same place we saw them for the Nothingface tour and the tour with that one guy from Metallica. I don't mean to brag, but I am very fortunate to have seen these guys in every band formation. Even got to meet Chewy briefly in Oakland. Maybe we'll have more time to chat this time around. Cannot wait until Feb. I'll definitely be taking the next day off of work
Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 09, 2014 20:30     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, just bought my ticket for the Masquerade.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 09, 2014 20:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh damn, I got some catching up to do. BTW, Sean, I'm gonna be up in Ctown when Trioscapes comes to town. Thursday Dec. 4 Foxfield bar, wherever the hell that is....I know you're probably working but in the off chance you're not....
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted November 09, 2014 21:34     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:

my thoughts, too. wish this wasnt so late in the game.

Same here. Saw Blacky on the Nothingface tour and nothing since. Was hoping Speed would get the chance on the ill-fated tour a few summers ago. Alas, we will be traveling to Houston anyway, since New Orleans hasn't been on the Voivod map since 1993.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 12, 2014 05:40     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Oh damn, I got some catching up to do. BTW, Sean, I'm gonna be up in Ctown when Trioscapes comes to town. Thursday Dec. 4 Foxfield bar, wherever the hell that is....I know you're probably working but in the off chance you're not....

working and no more off days, sorry.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 23, 2015 16:39     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't decide what damn day to take off. DRI are playing the night before Voivod and Napalm Death. We'll have to have beers with the Voivodian folk.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 25, 2015 10:17     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
funny how every once in a while i keep thinking, "Oh, yeah. Going to see Voivod this week."

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 25, 2015 15:35     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looking forward to both of these bands!!
Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 30, 2015 12:42     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Atlanta set list:

Warriors of Ice
Tribal Convictions
Forgotten in Space
Psychic Vacuum
Inner Combustion
We Are Connected
Voivod
Astronomy Domine

it was a good show. Blacky was really missed on the DH and KT songs, though. sounded really thin.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 30, 2015 14:49     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the report Sean! Bought tickets this morning and am going with my son. I'm worried about the Blacky-less live experience, but hopefully it'll be dialed in a bit more by the time they hit Seattle. I could do without the ever-present Pink Floyd cover as a closer (what a fucking curse that is to Voivod's setlists), but looks like a quality selection of tunes, overall.

Pretty bummed that the setlist is so short though. These 6-7 band packages make no sense to me. You end up enduring a few hours of no-name bands and are rewarded with an truncated setlist from headliners. Not Voivod's fault, but just a crappy standard for North American metal shows these days.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 30, 2015 16:45     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just happy to get a chance to see them. not totally sure, but i dont think Voivod had played a club show in Atlanta since the '90s. filed under "take what you can get", haha. i think the new guy probably just needs some time to get stronger with the material. like i said on facebook, it sounded like they had him turned down, for better or worse.

--------------------

reluctantking
VoivodFan
Member # 653

posted January 31, 2015 11:13     Profile for reluctantking   Email reluctantking     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fear not..saw the show last night in North Carolina and it was awesome...sounded GREAT and they played more and different songs then what was listed earlier (wont spoil the surprise)in this thread. The new bassist Rocky was (I thought) really good and overall it was pretty amazing.

Just go to the show, you won't be sorry. You can't ever discount this band no matter who is in the band or who isn't. A great night.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 31, 2015 12:49     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool to see you went, Brian! Voivod destroyed all the other bands, i thought (and i liked all of them, too!). Dan was on a whole other level compared to those other guitarists...

--------------------

Nanoman
VoivodFan
Member # 622

posted January 31, 2015 13:00     Profile for Nanoman   Email Nanoman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if Voivod is the last band or if its Napalm Death? (or perhaps even when Voivod goes on?)

Hitting up the Cleveland show and according to the website it starts at 5pm but there seems to be a shedload of bands playing. Driving from 3hrs away so I want to make sure I get there before Voivod starts (as they are the main reason I'm going).

Thx!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 31, 2015 16:12     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
in Atlanta, first band went on at 6ish and Voivod was 4th. they started around 9 or so, hope this helps.

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 31, 2015 17:27     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What kind of Voivod merch was there? I saw a pic of a cool Piggy shirt that I want desperately.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 31, 2015 19:13     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i listed what i saw on the new song thread, basically...

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan