my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 25 Years of Nothingface

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 25 Years of Nothingface
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 14, 2014 18:21     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm a day late, but yesterday marked the 25th anniversary of the most listened to album in my entire collection.

Congratulations to the band on this masterpiece that will forever be at the core of my musical universe.

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 14, 2014 23:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW, 25 years!!! One of my most spun albums also.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 15, 2014 06:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Possibly my favorite album of all time....man, 25 years...where has it gone???
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 15, 2014 12:47     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Possibly my favorite album of all time....man, 25 years...where has it gone???

The album?? check your closet!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 15, 2014 16:27     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember 'Nothingface' getting 4 out of 10 in 'leading' dutch 'metal' mag Aardschok. Reviewer obviously didn't have a clue. In 25 years little has changed.

And I still love 'Nothingface' to the death...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 16, 2014 01:38     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
The album?? check your closet!!

Haha....you got me there!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 19, 2014 00:27     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought it for X-Mas in '89, import section of Hasting's Records, just cuz I liked the album art. Never heard or heard of Voivod. Changed my whole life!! So I guess this is my 25 yr annv for loving the music of Voivod too, wow, thanks for reminding me haha!

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 20, 2014 06:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember doing that..buying albums just cause of the artwork....ahhh...so long ago. I'm gonna shut up now before I start getting nostalgic and ranting against sharing, mp3's...etc....and sounding just like the old fart that I am.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 20, 2014 10:07     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rant away Mez. Something tells me you'd only get nods of approval around here! ;-)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan