my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Happy birthday to Piggy!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy birthday to Piggy!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 25, 2014 14:38     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...a day late, but still. Would be 55!

Without the birth of this musical genius, we would not be on this forum right now, and the world would have missed out on a LOT of serious twisted innovation.

CHEERS, Denis, wherever you are!

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 25, 2014 22:58     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bon fete mon capitaine
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 26, 2014 06:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will be cranking up Negatron today in his honor! First time I've ever listened to it....Piggy, your body has left us but your work will never die!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 26, 2014 06:53     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Van harte Piggy, neem er een op je gezondheid, dan doe ik dat ook in het weekend!!!!

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 26, 2014 12:22     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A true legend never dies. Piggy lives on in spirit and in his music. Cheers!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 26, 2014 16:11     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I will be cranking up Negatron today in his honor! First time I've ever listened to it....Piggy, your body has left us but your work will never die!

That's the album they were supporting when I finally got to see them back in '96, opening for Pro-Pain, and then later that year they were s'posed to open for Mercyful Fate but "King" was "sick", so Voivod got to headline. I was bummed to not see Fate, which I have never seen and have since dissolved pretty much, but on the other hand a blessing in disguise to get a full set from the guys. Negatron is a pretty good offering, but seems very straight-forward compared to the off-the-wall craziness that is PHOBOS.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 26, 2014 16:12     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
A true legend never dies. Piggy lives on in spirit and in his music. Cheers!

Damn straight, skippy.

--------------------

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted September 27, 2014 02:47     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggys birthday!!! we still miss u like crazy Andy we are thankful for the continuing Voivod project!! I will always be eternally grateful for how Piggy and Away were so nice to me for my 1st interview when they toured on The Outer Limits Houston show back on October 1993!!!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 12, 2014 15:01     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutronboy2000:
I will always be eternally grateful for how Piggy and Away were so nice to me for my 1st interview when they toured on The Outer Limits Houston show back on October 1993!!!

Hey Neutron, was that at Backstage, AKA Bacardi's?? I remember I was planning on going but ended up in Galveston tripping on acid instead hahaha

--------------------

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted October 17, 2014 13:52     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greetings Newclear!. Yes that October 1993 show was at Backstage..Aka Cardi's I think...it was my first time interviewing them and I was a little nervous but they were really cool and friendly so it was a great experience...like talking to your friends, you kThanksgivinggiving for your reply!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan