my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Blower Box

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blower Box
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted July 29, 2014 19:15     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone out there have one of these?
http://idiotboxeffects.bigcartel.com/product/blower-box-bass-distortion

If so, what's your verdict?

This is about the same price as a typical bass pedal (like the Boss ODB-3 I bought last year). Also, Away did the artwork for the case. Just wondering whether this is a gimmick or for reals.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 29, 2014 22:55     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not, yet. It is now on my list though.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 30, 2014 07:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That thing looks killer. I hope JY is getting $$$ from the sales of each one...........
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted July 30, 2014 18:41     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not always about money....

I have 3 versions here, that I have try, they sound pretty good, although don't forget you need my magic touch to make it sound perfect....joking again! am I a funny guy or what? Since I'm no longer in the band, I can really be myself again and say anything on this board that I want to and not getting the slap on the wrist.

Matt who makes them is sending an other batch for my to signed.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 30, 2014 19:40     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahah....awesome sir. And I'm not referring to the boxes...(though I would buy this if I played bass!)
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 31, 2014 12:19     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
for those of you that don't know what a blower is (there's always someone)

it's that supercharger sitting on top the engine of a top fuel funny car.

http://youtu.be/jRPgRUMN1Xw

http://youtu.be/-VF0JwxQqcA

Nitro Baby!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 31, 2014 12:39     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'ello blacky!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted August 01, 2014 00:00     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of course I'll never be able to get your tone, Blacky...I've read your post on how you did it back in the day, and no, I'm not going to wash my bass strings in the sink!!

I want to have 'natural' distortion, the kind you get from turning up the volume extremely loud, but without actually having it that loud. I heard about a power-soak (?)...was that a '80s/90s thing? I can't find any recent mentions of this anywhere though.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 03, 2014 03:16     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
powersoak is the shit! cummon baby light my fire!!!

Gates suck...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan