my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Any news? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Any news?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 19, 2014 21:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So what's the latest??? After South America...who's next???? More touring? An EP? I'm trying to think back...has VV ever written an instrumental piece? I don't think so....that would be really interesting to see what Dan could do there..........add a string quartet?
 |  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 20, 2014 05:51     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, last night I dreamt that they played in a local venue. Igor flew over to see them but he fell asleep due to jet lag, so Snake spent the whole gig screaming in his face. He woke up eventually. They did play a new song. I've been trying to remember it so I can steal it!
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted May 24, 2014 02:25     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHA!!!! Your dream sounds so real it is scary, H
Damn it, we need some European fest with Voivod on the bill to plan a new VVF meeting. That would rule. Miss you lots, bunch of disfunctional freaks.
As far as I know there's Heavy MTL and a special homage/acknowledgement thing happening in Jonquière (COOL!). After the summer season it seems they're going back into songwriting mode for the new album. Cannot wait!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 29, 2014 09:09     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How can they write a new album without properly touring for the last one. Seriously sad Voivod fan here
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 30, 2014 23:13     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seems very quiet on the Voivod front. Almost no shows this summer besides the two already announced...

I hope Snake is okay, is that what's keeping the band from touring?

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 01, 2014 21:22     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
How can they write a new album without properly touring for the last one.

From the band's perspective, this is particularly troubling. Target Earth was is such a great record and a tour would have really bolstered sales of such a strong recording.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 02, 2014 03:09     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I have seen Voivod play this one at least 4 times.

Imo Voivod "forgets" to serve the people in the states??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 02, 2014 22:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well enjoy these while we wait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giGAEe3_Ft0

I mean, why not, we got nothing else going on....

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 03, 2014 19:51     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
Well, I have seen Voivod play this one at least 4 times.

Imo Voivod "forgets" to serve the people in the states??

I think there's just no bill to be had for them. There are hardly any metal tours now, and only a couple of festivals. Nothing like Europe, it seems.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 03, 2014 20:49     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The great Martin Van Drunen touches on the problems with touring in America in this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5PlClWB8wg

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted July 10, 2014 17:21     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm out of the band...again! just so you guys won't be surprise after this weekend.

Sorry but the Voivod.com is out of my control, so now it is pointed to guess which site...LOL

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 10, 2014 17:37     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
I'm out of the band...again! just so you guys won't be surprise after this weekend.

Sorry but the Voivod.com is out of my control, so now it is pointed to guess which site...LOL

What!? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted July 10, 2014 17:43     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
u must be kidding me. well, good luck in new beginnings, whatever they might be.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 10, 2014 18:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well that fuckin' sucks!!! Blacky's signature sound and unique style help define Target Earth and made it one of the the best Voivod album. Definitely putting in the same class as the classics albums like Dimension Hatross, and Nothingface.

I am truly BUMMED

--------------------

yawn

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted July 10, 2014 18:23     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awful news. As H would say: GUTTED
This era of Voivod was so amazing and it's a shame it's coming to an end.
Of course all the best for you Blacky.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

deesonic
VoivodFan
Member # 1030

posted July 10, 2014 23:11     Profile for deesonic   Email deesonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I certainly hope that's a joke, Blacky. As a fellow bassist, I've always (since like 1986) been a huge fan of your unique style and your contribution to the VoiVod sound. I've been holding out hope you guys would tour again in the US with YOU on bass. So, not to be selfish, but I'm really bummed thinking this is likely improbable now. But best of luck to you all the same. And I won't be mad if you admit it's a joke.
dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted July 10, 2014 23:55     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Absolutely horrible. I wish you the best Blacky. You're a sweetheart and have my total respect until the very end. I hope this turns around into something positive
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 11, 2014 00:31     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lies! All lies! Right??
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted July 11, 2014 00:35     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Onwards and upwards then, Blacky. Total support here. I'm sorry to hear it, but it is what it is. I'll be excited about what you'll be doing next, please keep us informed!

Best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 11, 2014 01:38     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wtf? That is horrible news

I wish you all the best for the future Blacky.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 11, 2014 06:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sucks royally. Just when Voivod started again to get some kind of recognition. Well, at least I got to see you guys live, and what a day that was.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted July 11, 2014 06:46     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So very, very sad to hear this, from a selfish point of view, but if it's the right decision for you personally, then I wish you all the best. Please keep us VVFers informed of what you're up to next!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 11, 2014 06:48     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well....we got some news..........Wow!
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted July 11, 2014 08:27     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's really sad, nothing else to say, I'm really fucked up...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 11, 2014 11:33     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is awful. This is absurd. Why? Fucking why?

For all the years we've all put in supporting the band in every way possible; through the glory years and the years where there hasn't been a fucking peep from the band, we've all been here carrying the torch, waving the flag, and cheering the band onward; someone at least tell us why.

This is bullshit. Total bullshit.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan