my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows aren't coming to your town?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What shows aren't coming to your town?
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 21, 2014 20:01     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since New Orleans has become the equivalent to Ice Station Zebra on the touring circuit, I can never post on the other thread.

So, what shows have decided your town just isn't worth the gas?

So far, 2014 touring announcements have left New Orleans out on:

Fu Manchu
Yes
KISS
Motley Crue
Motorhead (intentionally skipping us since 1986)

There are loads of others, and I'll post them as each announces they will not be coming here.

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 21, 2014 20:05     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dark Angel. They're coming to Chile but won't play here.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 22, 2014 09:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Nothingface, try living in Millsboro Delaware!!! LOL

--------------------

yawn

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 22, 2014 14:58     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Slaytanic!
There's always a couch to crash for you in Santiago

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 23, 2014 10:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks a lot Igor! I'm in recession mode right now, so I won't be able to come, but there's always Voivod next week to cheer me up.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 23, 2014 10:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, these Chilean Metal Fests are always awesome, lots of great bands in the lineups! BTW, when will Poema Arcanus play in one of those? Or did you already?

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 23, 2014 22:13     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fleetwood Mac is skipping New Orleans.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 24, 2014 05:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No Fleetwood or Crue coming???? Man, how are you gonna survive??

Least you have Jazzfest....You'd laugh if you knew how bad it is here where I live.

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 24, 2014 07:48     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
BTW, these Chilean Metal Fests are always awesome, lots of great bands in the lineups! BTW, when will Poema Arcanus play in one of those? Or did you already?

We played on the first one and it was really cool. It's a shame this year they downsized it to only 1 day, as last year you could see many people from all over southamerica (lots of brazilians!). I don't think we're gonna have as many foreigners this year, which sucks
:-(

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 24, 2014 08:09     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, here you can see us playing at the metalfest 2012, playing as fast as possible not to miss Testament... Haha.
Poema Arcanus at Chile's Metalfest

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 24, 2014 13:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's hard to believe that a traditionally musical city does not pull in more (or obviously any haha) "top selling" acts. It is worth noting that this isn't always the bands's fault, they need a proper bid to bring them into the market. Maybe for some reason nobody is taking a chance on promoting? Still, pretty fucking weak. I remember living in Houston bands would skip and either play Austin or Dallas, even tho Houston is bigger. Guess they figured if people wanted to see the bands bad enough they'd just go to either of those cities.

Seattle is lucky in the fact not that we are known as a "musical" city and have millions of ticket buying fans, but rather tours either usually start or end here for logistical purposes. We get the handful of tours that don't make it all the way up the coast and stop at Portland, but these are usually the ones who don't have Vancouver in mind. Also, a lot of bands skip Vancouver (which is only a 3 hour drive away) hoping that they'll all come down to Seattle, which they do. We have a running joke around here, 'Seattle is Canada's Tijuana', they come here and think they can just act the fool, which they certainly do EH.

Good luck in the future.

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 25, 2014 19:45     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
No Fleetwood or Crue coming???? Man, how are you gonna survive??

Least you have Jazzfest....You'd laugh if you knew how bad it is here where I live.

It's just that everything passes us over. If I wanted to see the last Judas Priest tour, Houston. Had to go to Tampa for Porcupine Tree. Last time Voivod played here was 1993. Had to go to Dallas in '03 (or was that '04?)

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 26, 2014 20:20     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last time I saw Voivod was '03, in May with Sepultura and then a month later at Ozzfest

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan