my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What VOIVOD songs would you like to hear live

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What VOIVOD songs would you like to hear live
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 08, 2014 18:52     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I focus on songs that they actually don't play as far as I know.

Warriors of Ice (War and Pain)
Korgull the exterminator(RRROOOAAARRR)
THRASHING RAGE(RRROOOAAARRR)
To the DEATH(RRROOOAAARRR)
Killing Technology (Killing Technology)
Missing Sequences (Nothingface)
Sub Effect(Nothingface)
Le Pont Noir (The Outer Limits)
Rise (Phobos)
Phobos(Phobos)
Forlorn (Phobos)
ION (Kronik)
Invisible Planet (Voivod)
The X-Stream (Katorz)
Deathproof (Infini)
MORPHEUS(Infini)-------- one of the best unknown gem !!!
Empathy of the enemy (Target Earth)
Corps étranger (Target Earth)

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 08, 2014 23:36     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think they DO play Forlorn live. And To The Death would be awesome to witness!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 09, 2014 03:12     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Syl, funny you mention Ion from Kronik.
Don't you think Erosion from the same album is a way better song?

It has a mid-part that gives me goosebumps every single time I listen to it!!!

Furthermore I would like a show with ALL those songs instead of the regular ones.

Special exxtra tour!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 10, 2014 03:03     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to see them play anything. It's been 11 years.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 10, 2014 20:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, same here. I'd just be happy to see them come anywhere within driving distance........whatever they want to play is perfectly fine with me. I'm up for a road trip again.

Syl, interesting topic....do you know something we do not?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 11, 2014 10:43     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And here again... It's been over a decade. I'll take anything I can get. So many of the songs they are playing now were not part of the setlists back in 2003, or 1999 for that matter.

However, I like the selections Syl has mentioned above. Ion would be sweet! One tune I'd really like to see brought back is The Lost Machine from TOL... not sure they've been playing that since 1993-1994.

I'd also be happy if they dropped Astronomy Domine from the setlist, please. I love it's inclusion on Nothingface album, but I'd prefer to hear one of Voivod's many original compositions in the live set over a cover any day.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 12, 2014 02:08     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
I'd also be happy if they dropped Astronomy Domine from the setlist, please. I love it's inclusion on Nothingface album, but I'd prefer to hear one of Voivod's many original compositions in the live set over a cover any day.

You know, I've never given this a thought until now, but I agree. They can move on from that song. It's kinda become their "Rock N Roll All Nite", and by now I'd bet they've even had their fill of playing it.

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted April 13, 2014 00:40     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jack Luminous. Jack Luminous. Jack Luminous.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 13, 2014 00:48     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd love to hear Black City - it has a wonderful sci-fi atmosphere that evokes the colours of the album cover and Away's artwork throughout the early years perfectly in my mind. Gives me chills every time.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 13, 2014 18:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also agree with dropping Astronomy Domine. They do a great version of it, but their originals are better. "None of the Above" has always been a favorite for me. Great words, great groove.

--------------------

yawn

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted April 13, 2014 21:49     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Different setlist in every city, soundboard record every show.

Eventually cover every song ever released on albums, perhaps some of them more times than the others.

Bandcamp all the recordings.

More money for the band, more fun for the fans.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 14, 2014 10:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would definitely buy a bunch of quality recorded live show. Awesome idea Hex.

--------------------

yawn

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 14, 2014 22:46     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, the do play Missing Sequences live nowadays.

I'd love to see them play "Freedoom" or "Angel Rat" live someday. "Order of the Blackguards" also. I second "Invisible Planet"... one of my favourites from the s/t album... And "Moonbeam Rider" and "Time Warp" with Blacky's sound and playing on them would be Something really cool to witness (just like Jack Luminous was)....But then they'd have to play a lot of songs from "Target Earth" because it kicks ass... I need to see/hear "Warchaic" live ... and that's how we have a 4 hour setlist :-)

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted April 14, 2014 23:31     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been listening to Voivod since 1986 and will catch them live for the FIRST time within 2 weeks!

My dream set-list would be as follows:

Suck Your Bone
Voivod
Thrashing Rage
Forgotten in Space
Killing Technology
Chaos Mongers
Tribal Convictions
Psychic Vacuum
The Unknown Knows
X-Ray Mirror
Missing Sequences
Panorama
Best Regards
None of the Above
Fix My Heart
Le Pont Noir
The Nile Song
Facing Up
Gasmask Revival
Odds & Frauds
Silly Clones
Target Earth
Kluskap O'Kom

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted April 16, 2014 09:50     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sorry to tell you that I was lucky enough to see and hear Jack Luminous live last year. I was epic, to say the least...

quote:
Originally posted by ShredTilDead:

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 18, 2014 18:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
Different setlist in every city, soundboard record every show.

Eventually cover every song ever released on albums, perhaps some of them more times than the others.

Bandcamp all the recordings.

More money for the band, more fun for the fans.

That's an awesome idea. And Jack Luminous would be great to witness together with the whole of Target Earth.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan