my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Anything new?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anything new?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 05, 2014 06:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't been listening to any new metal at all........Not exactly sure why. Either I'm just getting old or there's just such a huge crop of extremely boring groups out now it doesn't seem worth the time to even search for new stuff. Looks like its gonna be a long wait until the next VV record...so is there anything out there worth checking out in the progressive vein that's decent?

Only band I've run across so far is this group from Chicago called Murmur. Lots of great stuff happening in that town. Their new album that's coming out sounds like its gonna be huge. Only clip I could find was this one 'Bull of Crete'..you have to scroll way down on this page but its worth your time to check out. Drummer is incredible. Also the singer sounds different which my ears always appreciate:
http://www.stereogum.com/1647311/the-black-market-the-month-in-metal-january-2014/franchises/the-black-market/

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 05, 2014 10:32     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listened to this yesterday and love it:

Psalm Zero

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 05, 2014 10:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another track. And Profound Lore releases a lot of good shite:

Psalm Zero

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted February 08, 2014 04:24     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are a few songs from Vhöl for you my good man:

Insane with faith
Grace
Illuminate

People from Yob, Ludicra and Hammers of misfortune. I really like the vibe in this stuff

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 09, 2014 05:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nope

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 10, 2014 16:05     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Either I'm just getting old or there's just such a huge crop of extremely boring groups out now it doesn't seem worth the time to even search for new stuff.

And here I keep searching and searching. Many times just finding old shit I've never heard too. Can't help it, I am obsessed with finding new shit to feed my ears and soul.

By the way, I fuckin' LOVE BEASTMILK. I find this record sickeningly addicting. Cannot wait to see them at Roadburn.

Check them out.

Beastmilk - Surf the Apocalypse

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 10, 2014 16:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This just showed up in the farcebook thread:

Murmur interview with Steel for Brains

I'll have to read through this and give a listen. Thanks Mez!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 10, 2014 16:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm, okay. I think Murmur warrants a full listen.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 10, 2014 16:36     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Murmur covering King Crimson:

Murmur

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 10, 2014 17:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a pretty cool take on a classic KC tune, but to me covering King Crimson is, oddly enough, like covering the Ramones... you'll never sound as great as the original version.

Other than The Earls of Mars, I haven't really heard any new band that has blown me away.

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 10, 2014 20:04     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not out yet, but I am damn sure looking forward to putting my ears on the new Triptykon album, due out in mid-April.

TRIPTYKON: 'Melana Chasmata' Album Details

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted February 11, 2014 08:47     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
It's not out yet, but I am damn sure looking forward to putting my ears on the new Triptykon album, due out in mid-April.

THNX X-D for this post, im looking forward for the lim. Box edition

Greetz

--------------------

Inside a giant particle accelerator,a beam of protons,traveling at near the speed of light meets a beam of antiprotons moving equally fast in the opposite direction.The protons and mirror-image antiprotons annihilate each other,creating the fiery chaos of a parallel micro-galaxy.Experiment one complete,the VOIVOD goes into that new dimension,meeting different civilisations and psychic entities,extracting knowledge and energy in the eight programs of this project called: D I M E N S I O N H A T R Ö S S

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 11, 2014 14:13     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phobos777:
THNX X-D for this post, im looking forward for the lim. Box edition

Greetz

Haha, yeah! This is going to eat into my budget when it comes out. Looks awesome.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 11, 2014 16:16     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(Speaking not just to myself) Can't wait to hear the new Triptykon! Other than that haven't heard much new interesting stuph.

I liked the debut album by Selim Lemouchi & His Enemies (ex-The Devil's Blood) 'Earth Air Spirir Water Fire'!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 11, 2014 17:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try this:

Morbus Chron

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 11, 2014 20:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Freaking love this! Really raw stoner DM...sounds especially good after a couple of beers. We're having an ice storm tomorrow so I'm not gonna be working. Thanks Amy.

Here's some more:

https://www.facebook.com/morbuschron/app_178091127385

Sorry Angelrat......... Facebook is obnoxious but occasionally there is some good music stuff on there that pops up. Events and the like....I'd never heard about the last show happening if it hadn't been for FB. Music is the only reason I have a page.

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 12, 2014 02:36     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Sorry Angelrat......... Facebook is obnoxious but occasionally there is some good music stuff on there that pops up. Events and the like....I'd never heard about the last show happening if it hadn't been for FB. Music is the only reason I have a page.

Same here. Never would listen to a band like New Keepers of the Water Towers https://www.facebook.com/NewKeepers if Walter (Roadburn) didn't place it on his page. Also stay in touch with people I have met during travelling is nice and easy via facebum.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted February 12, 2014 07:05     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with you 'bout FB, there's a lot of great bands who use this network. Use it since 2 weeks, have spend much, much time while listening to new stuff & been up to date with local bands. Anyway, thanks for those links to Beastmilk & Morbus Chron. Great tunes!

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 12, 2014 15:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:

Will this be brought out on vinyl? I would totally love an lp gatefold like to mega therion with poster.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 12, 2014 15:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree, I'm picking up on bunches of new stuff from facebook.

I hope you enjoy the Beastmilk too Mez. And, keep sharing new stuff here. Gives me something to listen to while working at my desk.

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 12, 2014 15:45     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
Will this be brought out on vinyl? I would totally love an lp gatefold like to mega therion with poster.

Among other formats, the album will be released as a 32-page mediabook (with lyrics and liner notes to every song, and with a special fold out poster), as a gatefold vinyl double album (with posters and large-format booklet), and for digital download. Additionally, Century Media is scheduled to issue a special box set, limited to 2000 copies. The box set will include the album, a TRIPTYKON silver pendant, a poster, postcards, a TRIPTYKON tote bag, and a cap.
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/triptykon-melana-chasmata-album-details/#D5WeRdFTCkvXPkRf.99

The answer is in the article! I hope to get me a nice vinyl copy myself too.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan