my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Piggy's 7 strings guitar

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Piggy's 7 strings guitar
Lapatride
VoivodFan
Member # 188

posted January 07, 2014 09:13     Profile for Lapatride   Email Lapatride     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Searching the net for Phobos' guitar tuning recipe, I stumble on that old post from Slaythesays:

quote:
k. This is indeed a time waster but I thought I would list all of the guitars that I have seen in the hands of the master..
feel free to add any others that you can think of:

Black Liberatore w/ the red trim
Red Liberatore (in the live "Musique Plus" section of DVOD1)
Liberatore doubleneck
Black Les Paul in the "Clouds in My House" vid
Green Ibanez Universe 7-string
White strat in the Insect video?
Black Fender Strat
Sunburst Strat in "The Tower" vid
Cherry SG (Phobos era?)
White SG
Telecaster & Strat during "Self-Titled" recording sessions
The Aluminum guitar (forgot the maker)
Any others?

That would explain the missing note on the clean part of Jack Luminous I thought the bass was playing.

Did someone, by any chance, see him live back in those days playing another song with it? As exemple Wrong-Way Street in wich I put an harmonizer in the tab to get a lower note.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 07, 2014 19:18     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy played 7-string guitars for most of, if not the whole show I saw on The Outer Limits tour, 10.06.93.
Lapatride
VoivodFan
Member # 188

posted January 08, 2014 19:39     Profile for Lapatride   Email Lapatride     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 21, 2014 14:26     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
Piggy played 7-string guitars for most of, if not the whole show I saw on The Outer Limits tour, 10.06.93.

Same with the Winnipeg show on that tour

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted February 04, 2014 22:21     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
> The Aluminum guitar (forgot the maker)

http://www.borntorock.com

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 05, 2014 06:33     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShredTilDead:
> The Aluminum guitar (forgot the maker)

http://www.borntorock.com

WOW, just WOW!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted February 09, 2014 11:10     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm almost sure there was yet another Liberatore during the post-Nothingface era: a superstrat type with some sort of swirl paintjob. You can see it here, at 1:35 :

angel rat studio

and on this video

Freedoom live!

I remember having seen a pic of it where you could read the Liberatore logo... but my memory is usually shit, so take this with a grain of salt

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted January 29, 2015 07:57     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy also played an Ibanez Universe in the Outer Limits era, which is a 7 string.

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:
Versatile Organism Intended for Violence and Online Destruction

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan