my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » NEW VOIVOD VIDEO ! BEER! and a single!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW VOIVOD VIDEO ! BEER! and a single!
Ron McGregor
VoivodFan
Member # 1080

posted December 05, 2013 16:23     Profile for Ron McGregor   Email Ron McGregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Canadian progressive metal pioneers VOIVOD recently released a video for the song, "Kluskap O'Kom". The video was directed by Syl Disjonk, known for his short horror film, Ethereal Chrysalis. The director of photography was JP Bernier (Despised Icon). The video originally premiered at Philip H. Anselmo's Housecore Horror FilmFestival in October in Austin, TX and can be view here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyvR6kOy5p4&feature=youtu.be

When asked about the meaning of Kluskap O'Kom, vocalist Denis "Snake " Bélanger had this to say: "Sometimes described as a giant coming out of the woods, sometimes a monster in a lake or sometimes a powerful being that came from the sky, Kluskap is the name for this strange character and O'Kom is the place where he lives. Kluskap is inspired by a legend from a Canadian native tribe called the Micmacs. He once came to earth to kill all the Dinosaurs in order to help the humans to take over the planet. One day Kluskap will come back with another mission to the humans. There are many similarities between the Kluskap story and other legends from tribes all around the globe; stories told of encounters with beings from other worlds. This one is very unique I thought. So here it is; Hear the thunder, it is me, coming back!!!! KlusKap O'Kom!"

Voivod also released a 7" for the song, taken from their Target Earth, LP, the 7" features artwork from Voivod drummer Michael "Away" Langevin, is limited to 1000 copies worldwide. The b-side features a live version of Kluskap O'Kom recorded in Berlin on the band's last European headlining tour. The single comes in black, grey and black and white swirl colored vinyl and can be purchased here: http://smarturl.it/VoivodCMD

In related news, the band recently partnered with a local Montreal brewery to produce a limited batch of "Kluskap O'Kom" beer. Guitarist, Dan "Chewy" Mongrain elaborates: "Frederic Cormier , the brewer and owner of Hopfenstark Micro-Brewery, and I had this Idea for a couple years of crafting a Voivod beer. This year, with the new album, Target Earth, and our 30th Anniversary, the timing was perfect to celebrate and brew! So I asked the guys if they were into it and everybody thought it was a great Idea! We sampled different types of ale, lager, stout, IPA, season, wheat etc to come up with the type of beer we wanted to do. We also talked about the concept and decided to associate the Voivod beer not only with the band's name but with a song from the latest opus. We choose Kluskap O'Kom, which is inspired by American-Indian legends and modern reality. We wanted the beer to have a taste from the woods, the terroir, so to speak. So Frederic had this idea of crafting the beer with Mugwort and Balsam Fir which we ended up picking up in the woods. The beer is made with fresh ingredients; it's easy to drink yet with complex well balanced flavors. We just invited friends and fans to the release party in Montreal at Station Ho.st (bar owned by the brewer) and it was a complete success! Lots of people celebrating the 30th anniversary of Voivod, making toasts with a Kluskap O`Kom beer listening to some Voivod, watching a 2 hours "making of" the beer, plus we had a surprise when our director friend showed up with a DVD to play the promo video of Kluskap O' Kom!! It was a perfect magical evening...I ended up going to bed at 6am...smiling, how could life be better than that?"

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 05, 2013 17:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOVE the video, totally fits the song and the VOIVOD vibe. Syl, did an amazing job bringing it all to life.

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 05, 2013 19:00     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What an incredible video. Both videos off Target Earth have been amazing, but I love love love this one.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted December 05, 2013 22:33     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Love... IT! Great video indeed!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted December 06, 2013 04:21     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is great indeed.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 06, 2013 10:49     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great stuff. Just got home from a shit-awful day at work, and got a face full of awesome. That's cheered me right up!
Lapatride
VoivodFan
Member # 188

posted December 06, 2013 19:17     Profile for Lapatride   Email Lapatride     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
perfect
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 07, 2013 09:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, extremely well done!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 07, 2013 19:19     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AWESOME, totally aww-some!!

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted December 10, 2013 10:38     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just loved it! The "evil" angel rat rulz too

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 16, 2013 12:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So much awesomeness. Now, I hope 2014 is a better year for the lads in Voivod. Please, and I know it's a bit out of your hands, but please make sure you get a tour and visit the Desert Southwest.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted December 18, 2013 22:49     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WE'LL BE REBORN KLUSKAP OKOM
BEHIND THE SUN KLUSKAP OKOM
JUST LIKE THE STORM KLUSKAP OKOM
WILL EVER COME KLUSKAP OKOM

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 05, 2014 06:10     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.bravewords.com/news/217578

Snake almost died?? Wow..........

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted February 09, 2014 10:49     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link Mez, somehow it flew under my radar.. oops!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan