my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New King Crimson!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New King Crimson!!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 26, 2013 10:11     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check it! DGM NEWS
 |  IP: Logged
hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted September 26, 2013 10:49     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gavin Harrison, Bill Rieflin, Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto, Mel Collins, Jakko Jakszyk and Robert Fripp.

Bill Rieflin is a surprise, not a big one though, they've collaborated in the past. But, like, 3 drummers???
Mel and Jakko are not a surprise either given the last projeKct.
Missing Belew, for the first time in many years. But hey, everybody else had their time off, maybe he needs some as well.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 26, 2013 19:31     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's great news!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 26, 2013 19:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved reading about this the other day, but I must admit I am bummed Belew isn't part of it. His playing, singing and lyrics were always incredible in KC.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 26, 2013 20:01     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gavin Harrison. I'm in.
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted September 27, 2013 10:42     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tony Levin back: AMAZING
Adrian Belew out ... OUCH! .. let's see what happens ... at this point I cannot picture a KC album without Belew's amazing voice and playing, but it's King Crimson ... anything can happen.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted September 27, 2013 11:05     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggïïïrrr:
I cannot picture a KC album without Belew's amazing voice and playing

Listen to the last projeKct with Jakszyk, you'll get the taste of what is to come.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 27, 2013 19:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
Listen to the last projeKct with Jakszyk, you'll get the taste of what is to come.

I have that one (of course). Very jazzy and very different from Belew adds to the band. More of a throwback to Islands & Lizard era.
I must admit, I've listened to it a few times, but was never hooked enough to want to listen again, unlike how I feel after listening to Belew material. I'm very curious to hear what this lineup creates. With Harrison, Mastelotto, & Rieflin all on skins and percussion it should prove interesting, and of course having Levin in the fold is always a win.

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 28, 2013 07:56     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bring back Wetton and do Red II
hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted September 28, 2013 10:59     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thinking of "why 3 drummers" lead me to believe that Rieflin is going to take on Muir's role of all kinds of wacky percussion. Just listen to the first Pigface to get the idea.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 28, 2013 17:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Bring back Wetton and do Red II

Yes and yes!

Regardless, I'm looking forward to another incarnation of KC! Bring the insanity!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 28, 2013 23:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was thinking the same thing about bringing Wetton back, and the Rieflin in Muir's role make perfect sense. The Wetton era KC was fuckin heavy.

--------------------

yawn

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted September 30, 2013 15:59     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I won't believe it until I hear it myself. This is almost too good to be true - thought KC was all but dead.

It's going to be, uh, very different without Adrian B., but the fact that Gavin Harrison is in this (not to mention Mel Collins (?!)) has got my full attention.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 01, 2013 11:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always knew there would be another King Crimson, just had no idea it would be this configuration. Fripp revitalizes the beast only when he knows it's ready to be unleashed again. Between the times KC has been at rest, he's always feeding the monster to prepare it for it's next attack.
Bring It On.

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 02, 2013 10:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone see this? Fripp making an ultra rare UK tv show appearance! Very odd!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64VGyoIyBgc

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 02, 2013 20:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TOO CUTE.
fripp is such the anti-rock star. I dig that!!!

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 03, 2013 17:31     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rieflin is a multi-instrumentalist, maybe he will have a lot more to do than just percussion?

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 03, 2013 19:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think they need a kazoo solo, and maybe Bill can pull that off in 7/16 time with an alternative tuning

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 05, 2013 01:29     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or just air at varying degrees of dB (shades of Slow Music)

--------------------

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted October 05, 2013 11:31     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Rieflin is a multi-instrumentalist, maybe he will have a lot more to do than just percussion?

That's why the image of Jamie Muir immediately popped up! And perhaps Bill can bring even more than that.

Red was good, but perhaps it's time for LTIA part X. Bring it on!

--------------------

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted October 09, 2013 00:11     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm...the plot thickens w/r/t Adrian Belew's absence:
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/adrian-belew-reunited-king-crimson/

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 09, 2013 01:34     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While most guys are content to ride past accomplishments at this point in the game, Fripp is still interested in pushing into uncharted territory and KC seems to be his loudest outlet for that quest, haha.

Adrian Belew is amazing, but I suspect Fripp feels that he's played out his bag of tricks in the realm of KC and it's time to change it up again. Nothing compared to the travesty of prematurely ending the classic lineup with Bruford, Wetton, and Cross back in '74.

Cool to see Mel Collins "officially" back in the fold too. Can't wait to hear what comes of it all!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 09, 2013 17:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So much for Rieflin doing the Jamie Muir thing since "...Fripp says it will include three drummers." Jamie was more of a noize with cool gizmos kind of guy. 3 drummers does sound exciting, but Jakko is more of a throwback to the early day with his style of singing than Belew who always seemed to create something unique... not to mention his insane guitar playing.
It's also weird because Tony & Pat were also part of The Crimson Project with Belew.
Either way it will be something I purchased. Hopefully something that is exciting, unlike the release "A Scarcity Of Miracles" which I rarely listen to and is 5 members of this new 7 man line up (no Mastelotto or Rieflin). Maybe I'll give it another spin to see if it doesn't bore me this time.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan