my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » EyeHateGod drummer dead

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EyeHateGod drummer dead
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 26, 2013 01:54     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rest in Peace, Joey LaCaze, age 42

8/1971 - 8/2013

------------------

FUCK THIS!!

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 26, 2013 21:27     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really shitty news. Dude was still young. The band were just in between tours too. R.I.P.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 28, 2013 15:03     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, shitty indeed. Regardless of how he died, he's dead none-the-less, it isn't our place to judge people. They just released a statement today saying it was respiratory failure. They also haven't said anything about breaking up, either. My brainstorm the other day while listening to Drip (a screw-around band most of the guys were in before EHG's first album came out) was that, I know this sounds crazy, but Jimmy could take over the drums and then the other people could be "Outlaw Order" (basically EHG when Jimmy was busy with Down). Just a thought haha. So basically Outlaw Order but with Jimmy behind the kit, and playing EHG material.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 26, 2013 09:01     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crover

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 27, 2013 08:11     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Melvin

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 29, 2013 15:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dale Croverdale?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 31, 2013 03:10     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL!

Well, Dale 'Cover' Dale, considering he was filling in. HAHA!

Yes Dale Crover played a show last week with EHG and that was really cool of him. Whatever, EHG is dead now, Joey ruled.

--------------------

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted November 02, 2013 01:49     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Whatever, EHG is dead now, Joey ruled.[/QB]

New drummer announced. I'm pretty apprehensive about seeing them, which will be this month. Joey was a VERY nice guy, it'll definitely never be the same again, I almost kinda wish they'd call it a day for EHG but it's probably considered more respectful to keep Joey's work alive beyond his own life... We here in THIS particular forum know this just as well - I was extremely dubious of the validity of Voivod continuing without Piggy with the 'Voivod' name, and here we are, Dan definitely winning me over with his respect for the original arrangements... I never would have guessed that I'd accept where this all went (as if what I think matters, ha!). There's just no easy answers, we all go at some point.

God bless Joey and Piggy - And all you guys too. This is all we get, make it count!

Have a Coke and a smile,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 04, 2013 15:07     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:

We here in THIS particular forum know this just as well

There's just no easy answers, we all go at some point.

God bless Joey and Piggy - And all you guys too. This is all we get, make it count!

Well said Paulie, well said.

I just heard about the "new" drummer too, but no names were mentioned, just some cat from NOLA I s'pose. Let me (us haha) know how that show goes. I can't wait for the new album, either, bittersweet as that'll be.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 06, 2013 10:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK I'm gonna say it

Sorry if you are Christian, of course you would be turned off by a band with this name.

But in the same vein, if you can't figure it out then FUCK YOU. The end.

PS go to hell

PSS fuck off

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 06, 2013 10:20     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PSSS

Nevermind

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 06, 2013 14:03     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:

Have a Coke and a smile,
PAULIE

Cheers to that Paulie!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 07, 2013 00:31     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's right ^^^

--------------------

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted November 13, 2013 02:09     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A lefty.
http://youtu.be/QOxJkC2V6i8

He plays busier than Joey, might be nerves but I think he might run a bit fast as well. I can't expect him to be the EHG version of Chewy, and I do wish him luck, but wow this is going to be tough.

-------------------------

A FOLLOW-UP, posted 2013-11-20:

This was the show: http://youtu.be/LzzD7rDWcCU

I could try to describe it but the vid kinda gets the job done.

One thing I didn't notice right away, but is plainly evident in the video, is that the new kid drumming (who did a very good job overall) does that same thing Joey did where he's rocking back and forth for a few before starting during the feedback - Joey doing it was entirely involuntary and just "him" but this guy doing it in Joey's place really comes off as disingenuine. That being said, I wish all of these guys continued luck, it's terrible having to trudge on without the brother, the partner that you started with...

-------------------------

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 23, 2013 19:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the links, dude! Regarding the first one, the first thing I noticed was he's using a trigger on the bass drum? Nooo that's a no-no lol. But then on the second vid (nice stage BTW) it doesn't seem like he's using one anymore, which is a good thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just how it sounded to me. As far as the rocking back and forth, yeah it seemed kinda contrived.

Also, the busy-ness, may be nerves, maybe he just likes to hit more things haha? Joey had an uncanny knack for sorta being sloppy but in a uniform manner, this guy seems more technical. One of EHG's qualities is being sloppy and un-technical. Like not being able to here Mike's vox in the second vid, he doesn't really give a shit lol. I have an audio recording of their 20th annv show and the whole time either Mike's "mike" is unplugged or he's just grumbling and growling every once in a while. I heard he was really wasted but that's besides the point. Point is, the show still sounded great since the music holds up!! Mike's rants just make it a plus, haha.

With all that said, the drums didn't sound bad, just different. I wish them all the best looking forward too, and looking forward to seeing them in January!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan