my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD at Brutal Assault 2013 (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: VOIVOD at Brutal Assault 2013
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 25, 2013 11:40     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok good people, just a heads up about Voivod playing this awesome festival nearby Prague in the Czech Republic.

BRUTAL ASSAULT web page

I saw them there in 2010 and I'm attending this year again. As far as I know, Head Villain is going as well, so there are some beers, laughs and poo talk to be expected.

There are some cool facts about this festival:

THE LINE UP!!! has something for everyone... and there's two stages that do not overlap, so no need to make difficult choices between bands. There's also shitty bands, so you can go and chill out having a cold Pilsen Urquell or Gambrinus gathering strenght for the next good band.

The atmosphere is all relaxed and friendly.

The location is really nice (see pics)

Beer is cheap as peanuts... the tickets as well are pretty unexpensive for a 3 day fest.

The photo pit is quite narrow, so if you want to see bands really close, no problem! (I was 1,5 mts from Snake in 2010, first row)... unlike bigger festivals where you could play a football match at the photo pit.

Well... that's it. It would be amazing if some other VVFs would attend. I already have my flight booked.

VOIVOD LIVES!!!!!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

|  IP: Logged
Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted June 25, 2013 12:00     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Igor, am trying to convince my husband that we can afford the flights for this! Fingers crossed!!! You just armed me with some useful info there - like the stages not overlapping and the photo pit being small - he'll like both of those! Also, it'd be great to meet you and Head Villain. And to talk about poo with you. Haha!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 25, 2013 12:05     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, getting to see some bits of Prague doesn't hurt either, uh?

In my facebook profile there's an album from my 2010 experience.

There you'll see how close I was from the stage.

--------------------

B.U.C.O.
VoivodFan
Member # 1299

posted June 25, 2013 12:10     Profile for B.U.C.O.   Email B.U.C.O.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm probably going too! Will know in the next couple of weeks for sure!

--------------------

Flicker, flicker, flicker, flap, POW!

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 25, 2013 12:12     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's do it Smione and B.U.C.O. !!!
VVF meetings rule!

--------------------

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted June 25, 2013 12:14     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup, have never been to Prague and always wanted to! Will check out the FB photos when I get home (and go "LOOK, HUSBAND! LOOK HOW CLOSE WE CAN BE TO THE BANDS! AND THE STAGES DON'T CLASH! WE HAVE A CREDIT CARD!")

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 25, 2013 12:19     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Look!! Half a litre of cold Pilsen Urquell for around 1,2-1,5 Euro INSIDE the festival!!!" might help as well

--------------------

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted June 25, 2013 12:23     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it WOULD... Except he's straight edge, haha! And I don't drink either, but am very good at getting contact-drunk (i.e. feeling/acting just as silly as the drunkards around me).

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 25, 2013 12:53     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, here's some useful info:
INFO

--------------------

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted June 25, 2013 14:26     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks dude!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 25, 2013 16:27     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man, I would love to join you guys on this, but I'm already booked for Bloodstock Festival that weekend (Voivod play on the Friday). Have fun for me!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 25, 2013 22:56     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will be going to Brutal Assault one of these summers. for sure. Looking at 2015.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 26, 2013 03:43     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, too bad I will be having a vacation then. I am pretty nearby though.... In Lovran Croatia that is...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted June 26, 2013 05:07     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H, if I don't make it to Brutal Assault, I'll be at Bloodstock on the Friday, but only the Friday, sadly, cos I'd love to have seen you play on the Saturday! Still, if we end up at Bloodstock, I'd love to meet up and say hi, if you're up for that! Linds and Mike have nothing but praise for you

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 26, 2013 09:10     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool! Keep me informed. I'll be there all weekend.
Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted June 26, 2013 10:12     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huzzah!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 27, 2013 10:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggïïïrrr:
"Look!! Half a litre of cold Pilsen Urquell for around 1,2-1,5 Euro INSIDE the festival!!!" might help as well

That helps me! Well, that and VOIVOD and HV and Igir and B.U.C.O. And, let's not forget, all of those passed out layabouts!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted July 01, 2013 08:50     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bummed out cos I'm not gonna make it to either Brutal Ass or Bloodstock - just too damn expensive. Single day tickets for Bloodstock cost the same (or actually, possibly more than!) a ticket for the whole festival at Brutal Ass! With travel and accommodation, my funds just won't stretch that far No fun.

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 03, 2013 11:11     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same here Smione. Had I not blown all that money on Roadburn, Brutalized Ass would be a winner for me.

I'll just sit tight and hope their supposed US tour comes somewhat close to my town.

In other news, I do plan on seeing GODFLESH, Prurient and motherfuckin' NAILS in Rocktober somewhere on the left coast.

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted July 31, 2013 10:04     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eight Days and counting!

Dan posted on his facebook that they'll be playing songs that they have never played live before. I assume he's speaking of some Target Earth new classics. Please almighty Korgüll, make "Warchaic" to be on the setlist. Or maybe some other hidden gem from Angel Rat, T.O.L, Negatron, Phobos? ... that wouldn't hurt either!!!

Unfortunately Head Villain won't be making it to Brutal Assault this time. What about B.U.C.O.?

Cannot wait!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 31, 2013 12:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So would love to be there Igor. Damn shame HV can't go, but I think I know why.

Have a motherfuckin' VOIVODian blast! Be safe and I can't wait to hear about your travels.

--------------------

B.U.C.O.
VoivodFan
Member # 1299

posted August 01, 2013 03:49     Profile for B.U.C.O.   Email B.U.C.O.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, so I'm going, probably also doing an interview with Voivod and some other bands. Should be fun

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted August 01, 2013 10:45     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome man, so we're still having a micro VVF meeting after all. Cool

--------------------

B.U.C.O.
VoivodFan
Member # 1299

posted August 02, 2013 09:05     Profile for B.U.C.O.   Email B.U.C.O.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yeah!

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 02, 2013 09:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll raise a beer to you from Bloodstock. See if we can manage a cross-country cheers!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan