my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Status? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Status?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 04, 2013 20:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is everything okay with the band? Hadn't heard anything since Snake's illness cropped up...Just wondering cause its been mighty quiet.
 |  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 05, 2013 01:28     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess Snake is doing fine, because he recorded a song with "Kill of Rights" (new band of Eddie Shahini from DBC) last Sunday.

Kill of Rights Facebook page

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 05, 2013 03:37     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Is everything okay with the band? Hadn't heard anything since Snake's illness cropped up...Just wondering cause its been mighty quiet.

I facebooked MIchel about art and he told me that Snake is doing much better and that Voivod was going to schedule some summer festival appearances. So they did, I am still hoping for some more here in the neighbourhood...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted June 05, 2013 05:50     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
I am still hoping for some more here in the neighbourhood...

Me, too. The August 8/9/10 festival schedule doesn't seem to offer any chance of club shows, but we can still hope!

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 05, 2013 11:39     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's do Brutal Assault!

AFAIK Head Villain is in, Luna and I are not sure yet, but I'm doing my best.

Nice, cheap and fun festival... and the bill has something for everyone. Had a great time in 2010 there and HV did as well in 2012 according to what she told me.

nullBrutal ASSault

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 05, 2013 11:42     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back on topic:

Chewy posted on his FB that they were already rehearsing for their Hellfest appearance.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 05, 2013 13:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I noticed that too. Festivals-Schmestivals. Why not a proper tour? Though having said that, they probably won't play in Albuquerque AnyWAY.

Health issues aside, and I do hope there are not worse health issues, it seems after the release of Target Earth and all of the excitement/great reviews all has gone dark in VOIVOD land. I wonder what's up.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted June 05, 2013 14:09     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cynically, I don't see any Voivod US tour in the future. I'm not sure what's up, but aside from last summer's "almost", it's been 10 years.
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted June 06, 2013 03:35     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hope the Czech festival site didn't get washed away -- brutal flooding in that region lately!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 06, 2013 07:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Hope the Czech festival site didn't get washed away -- brutal flooding in that region lately!

The internet-site is still there...

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 06, 2013 13:07     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh well, at least we got one killer album from them...............
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 06, 2013 16:01     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:

At least they can turn it into some sort of Metal Cruise...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 10, 2013 10:09     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 317537:
[qb]Hope the Czech festival site didn't get washed away -- brutal flooding in that region lately!

At least they can turn it into some sort of Metal Cruise...[/QB][/QUOTE]

No shit, man. Even more considering that the camping site is next to a river.

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 24, 2013 18:03     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They are booked for Jalometalli in early August...woohoo!!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted June 25, 2013 12:18     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snake looked on top form and really well on the Hellfest live stream - go Snake!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 03, 2013 11:12     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
They are booked for Jalometalli in early August...woohoo!!

Are you going?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 18, 2013 00:06     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm getting the sinking feeling that a US tour is never going to happen.

It's been10 years since any measurable US dates.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 18, 2013 07:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:

Why is that? Are there any touringplans?

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 18, 2013 12:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thankfully I got to see them in Columbus about 3 years ago. So at least got to experience it once........And for the current tour there's always the killer Bloodstock video............
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 19, 2013 21:24     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
Why is that? Are there any touringplans?

Short of the European festival circuit, I've heard no whispers or rumors.

spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted August 22, 2013 06:05     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:

I'm with you on this one. It's unfortunate because the setlists over the last year or so have been pretty interesting, not only with all the amazing new tracks but long lost classics like "Forgotten In Space", "Jack Luminous" (plus all of "Dimension Hatross"!)

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted August 23, 2013 15:19     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a show coming on Sep 1st, at Festival De Musique Émergente in Rouyn-Noranda, QC, Canada. It's just short 7 hour drive North from Toronto (or same 7 hours North-West from Montreal), hey, not too bad, just kick your tires and drive!

Well, at least it's somewhere in North America. Who cares it's not just in the middle of nowhere, it's Way North Of Nowhere. Expect polar bears in attendance.

More details here. Openers are:
Cryptik Howling
Origin
Dying Fetus

Cryptik Howling are local to Rouyn-Noranda, did they invite Voivod and others to this fest? Now, their vocalist's name is Dominic Mongrain-Thériault...

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 24, 2013 00:27     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
There's a show coming on Sep 1st, at Festival De Musique Émergente in Rouyn-Noranda, QC, Canada. It's just short 7 hour drive North from Toronto (or same 7 hours North-West from Montreal), hey, not too bad, just kick your tires and drive!

Well, at least it's somewhere in North America. Who cares it's not just in the middle of nowhere, it's Way North Of Nowhere. Expect polar bears in attendance.

More details here. Openers are:
Cryptik Howling
Origin
Dying Fetus

Cryptik Howling are local to Rouyn-Noranda, did they invite Voivod and others to this fest? Now, their vocalist's name is Dominic Mongrain-Thériault...

I think Toronto is about a 40 hour drive from here, so I'd best leave tonight.

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted August 24, 2013 13:11     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can fly to Rouyn-Noranda on a regular flight from Montreal, or to nearby Timmins from Toronto. Both towns served by Air cough Canada cough Jazz, so transfers from many major airlines are available.

...and don't ask me if I'm kidding or being serious, kind of both, I've done crazier things in my life.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 25, 2013 22:04     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
You can fly to Rouyn-Noranda on a regular flight from Montreal, or to nearby Timmins from Toronto. Both towns served by Air cough Canada cough Jazz, so transfers from many major airlines are available.

...and don't ask me if I'm kidding or being serious, kind of both, I've done crazier things in my life.

I've done some pretty crazy things to see bands before too. However, I think I could book Voivod at my house cheaper than it would be to get to Northern Canada and back.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan