my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Intronaut

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Intronaut
hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted May 24, 2013 10:38     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Digging their last album. Anybody here heard this band? An awesome cross between Isis-inspired atmospherics and Voivodish offbeat weirdness.
Steeve Hurdle of Gorguts and Negativa fame contributed a great solo on their Prehistoricisms.
Highly recommended, especially the last 3 albums.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

|  IP: Logged
Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 24, 2013 19:54     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
have not heard the latest, but i dig all the older stuff!

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 26, 2013 02:57     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 29, 2013 14:00     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have shirt of theirs with a monkey in an astronaut suit. Or Intronaut suit rather. But i can't say i really listened to their music. Wonder why i got that shirt in the first place.

Maybe it's a reversed thing. Buy the bandshirt first and then start to dig the music later. Runs deeper into the interweb to listen to their latest

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 29, 2013 21:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to be odd man out here but I don't get them. Definite talent....and I respect the vibe...but I don't hear anything here. I'd rather listen to Mastodon or Kylesa if I was in a mood for something in this vein.

BTW, I don't like Baroness anymore either. Thought their last album was a snorefest and a total sellout to all the post-rock morons out there.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 30, 2013 02:56     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:

BTW, I don't like Baroness anymore either. Thought their last album was a snorefest and a total sellout to all the post-rock morons out there.

Hey, Mez. Is this because they became too big?? I wonder what I would feel if Voivod would turn out soo big...

NP: Death at the Dynamo festival. I wish I had been there. I know DBC was there!
It wouldn't be our band anymore would it?

I felt the same with Metallica. I bought Kill 'em all pretty much 2 weeks after it came out, now my neighbourwoman has cd's of them and is not into metal at all.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 30, 2013 11:27     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
my neighbourwoman

Still like Baroness, and I think Intronaut are one of those bands you have to see live.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 30, 2013 20:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hear what you're saying Paul but this really wasn't the case. I just didn't like most of the music. Thought it was very uninteresting and lacking in the personality I thought they'd successfully developed on their previous efforts. A big part of the problem for me was that there was just a lot of filler and I don't think they were really ready to make a double album.....There are some good songs there but you just have to wade through a lot of ..........to get to them..............
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 31, 2013 03:16     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
NP: Death at the Dynamo festival. I wish I had been there. I know DBC was there!

Nah, 1998 was the first year I went to Austria during that period, to go white water rafting and to learn decent canyoning.. I saw Death the first time in March 1989, great gig that was!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted May 31, 2013 11:12     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Still like Baroness, and I think Intronaut are one of those bands you have to see live.

Intronaut is on tour now.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan