my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Target Earth appreciation thread

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Target Earth appreciation thread
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted April 23, 2013 17:27     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, I've had this album since release, and the more I listen to it the better it gets. All I can say to Away/Blacky/Chewy/Snake, you guys really outdid yourselves with this one, so if any of you read this, thank you so much! "Target Earth" is the best album I've heard in a long, long time, and this fan in particular is very grateful.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

|  IP: Logged
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted April 23, 2013 17:34     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Replying to my own thread here. "Mechanical Mind" just came on (shuffle mode), and it hit me: The opening/instrumental part is what the opening of "Close to the Edge" would sound like if it were Voivod instead of Yes.

(OK, so I'm impaired...what's your point? )

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 23, 2013 20:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kind of off topic but I remember Shred you had some sort of affliction a while back...I'm assuming you're better now. Glad to see you're posting again.

And yeah, this album is awesome...but kind of preaching to the choir here....

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted April 23, 2013 23:53     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, it is preaching to the choir. I was, er, on a different mental plane a couple of hours ago; next time I'll think before posting.

And yeah, I had bladder cancer in 2011 but am OK now. Didn't feel like participating in much of anything for a long time, really...that's why I went away for a while.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 24, 2013 06:46     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShredTilDead:
And yeah, I had bladder cancer in 2011 but am OK now.

OMG. Sorry to hear that!! I understand this type of cancer is one of the best curable ones... I am glad you are allright now!!

My father got struck with it 2 years ago and is doing fine luckily!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 24, 2013 18:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TARGET EARTH is definitely in the running for best album of 2013. I get chills every time I listen to it. It's a fuckin monster. As almost everyone on here probably knows by now, me and a few other obsessed Voivod collector freaks have acquired all the different cd, and vinyl releases for this great album to feed our addiction.

Glad you're doing better Shred.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 24, 2013 21:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't mean to sound like I was sniping you there man....no offense intended. Glad you liked it! It is a work of brilliance. Sure as hell hope to see them on the road again.

Think I'll crank it up tomorrow. Its been a while...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 27, 2013 15:17     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShredTilDead:
Yeah, it is preaching to the choir. I was, er, on a different mental plane a couple of hours ago; next time I'll think before posting.

Why? Dude don't ever hesitate to post something, mental pains or not haha. It's not like you did anything psycho lol.

Nice to hear you are doing better man!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan