my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Stills for new VIDEO

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stills for new VIDEO
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 26, 2013 18:31     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COPIED FROM VOIVOD'S FACEBOOK PAGE:

Stills shots of the new VOIVOD videoclip!

THE AUTHOR: Nicola Piovesan (aka: chaosmonger) is an Italian filmmaker and multimedia artist living in Finland. He was born in April 1979 in Venice. He moved to Bologna in 1999 where he graduated in Cinema in 2004. He begun to make his first videos in 2001 that have, for now, been screened in about 70 festivals worldwide, winning more than 30 awards. Since 2005 he has worked as a freelance collaborating with various production houses and private clients and continuing to produce independent short films, documentaries, music videos, and much more. In 2008 he started teaching Cinema in a high school in Como which lead him to move to Milan. In the fall of 2011 he left teaching and moved to Helsinki, Finland where he lives up to date continuing his work as a filmmaker and visual artist.
Vimeo channel: vimeo.com/chaosmonger/videos

THE VIDEO: The author met Voivod after show in Helsinki, where he spoke with the drummer Michel. The two begun to exchange e-mails in which Nicola proposed to make an animated video for the band. Officially work started early March 2013 after the release of Nicola’s latest project, THE CORE, for the Italian band ON|OFF|MAN (http://youtu.be/ZUZhN9Nyp6Q), which both Michel and the other band members found interesting. The idea for the video - that is for the title track Target Earth - is to recreate in 3D Motion Graphics the visions and artwork of Michel-Away. The whole universe of the video is robotic: the Earth itself is revised as a cyber planet. The main character, alone in an empty room, is handling a strange kind of computer, which appears to control the entire planet. But his alienated existence is surrounded by strange visions, surreal characters of his mind, as well as the members of Voivod inside a box playing the song. Nicola is working on all aspects of the video, creation of models, animation and finally the rendering. More news to follow on when the video will be completed and released.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 26, 2013 18:32     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 26, 2013 18:32     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are more wicked cool images, but too lazy to save and copy/paste. This should be an incredible video once it's completed.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 27, 2013 10:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oops just saw the post below. Haha.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 27, 2013 17:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you're just a little bit excited about ain't ya Amy?
Me too.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 29, 2013 10:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha, I guess so. I forget what's here and what's on farcebook.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 24, 2013 21:22     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Recently I thought, "what must it be like behind the scenes of the new Voivod video??" We've seen some of the stills they've put together for this vid. But what's really going on there?

Why can't they put something together like my 2nd fav band of all time.........Those underground mavericks from Chile, not just a band but as they call themselves so poetically...'beatdown squad:'

BEATHDOWNMUTHAS

These guys took time out of their busy schedule to put this together for us homies, (to give some idea behind their creative brilliance)...and I can't tell you glad I am they did. If only VV could do the same for us.

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 26, 2013 02:52     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:

Why can't they put something together like my 2nd fav band of all time.........

These guys took time out of their busy schedule to put this together for us homies, (to give some idea behind their creative brilliance)...and I can't tell you glad I am they did. If only VV could do the same for us.

YES.

Too bad most of the slums of Montreal have been gentrified!

PS: Guessing "Bro Mario" will have to change his lovely moniker now that he's in prison...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan