my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Away about the next album...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Away about the next album...
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 15, 2013 15:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blabbermouth

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 15, 2013 17:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The bands future is so wide open now. I'm so looking forward to many more years of mind blowing VOIVOD music.

--------------------

yawn

G_o_U
VoivodFan
Member # 1482

posted March 16, 2013 03:46     Profile for G_o_U   Email G_o_U     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I already can't wait for it! Defiance is one of my favourite tracks from Target Earth, I dream to hear full version!
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 17, 2013 17:37     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great tidbits of info! I love that.

I know I'm not supposed to say anything less than glowing about the Voivod Alumni Association, but I really appreciated the acknowledgement of why the last few records haven't been as "epic". Sorry if that twists anyone's nipples.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 17, 2013 19:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:

I know I'm not supposed to say anything less than glowing about the Voivod Alumni Association, but I really appreciated the acknowledgement of why the last few records haven't been as "epic". Sorry if that twists anyone's nipples.

I assume you're talking about the Jasonic era, and not Target Earth. I'd have to agree that none of those albums were really "epic". It's not to say I don't like them, but they were a bit more straight forward and grounded in rock, more than the experimental progressive stuff that made classic Voivod "epic".
Having Blacky back in the band obviously makes a huge difference in how Voivod sounds. Whether he's writing with Piggy or Chewy the sound he helps create is what helps makes Voivod so unique.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 18, 2013 07:55     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I assume you're talking about the Jasonic era, and not Target Earth. I'd have to agree that none of those albums were really "epic". It's not to say I don't like them, but they were a bit more straight forward and grounded in rock, more than the experimental progressive stuff that made classic Voivod "epic".
Having Blacky back in the band obviously makes a huge difference in how Voivod sounds. Whether he's writing with Piggy or Chewy the sound he helps create is what helps makes Voivod so unique.

WORD!!

--------------------

Rich
VoivodFan
Member # 1481

posted March 21, 2013 06:16     Profile for Rich   Email Rich     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news!
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 21, 2013 20:09     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I assume you're talking about the Jasonic era, and not Target Earth. I'd have to agree that none of those albums were really "epic".

that's total bullshit right there! I guess you people don't listen to guitar much

Multiverse and Infini were epic enough for me... Those albums obviously reside on their own invisible planet because some of the fan base just can't see em, ...or hear em for that matter.

I like Target Earth... don't get me wrong... but there's a funk element missing imo, it's just not better than the real thing baby

NP: the sounds of deep space & learning funk and groove

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 21, 2013 23:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Away said they weren't "as epic as they wanted", not that they weren't epic at all.

Great news BTW!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 21, 2013 23:46     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:

That guy Jean Fortin, PFFFFT, he blows!

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 22, 2013 20:32     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Away said they weren't "as epic as they wanted", not that they weren't epic at all.

Great news BTW!

it's like cooking yourself dinner... when someone else cooks the food for you it always just seems to taste better.

therefore the chef's opinions are null.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan