my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » R.I.P. Clive Burr

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: R.I.P. Clive Burr
Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted March 13, 2013 11:39     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When it comes to "Heavy Metal" drummers, Clive Burr is by far my favorite, the first two Iron Maiden albums are incredible & I've always thought that he had a major part to do with that. Dead at 56, so sad. RIP Sir.

Wrathchild - 1:27 - 1:28, one of the greatest fills ever.

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 13, 2013 14:41     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rest In Peace! Love Clive Burr's work on the early Maiden records and sad to see him go.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 13, 2013 16:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIP Clive, 56 is no age to die!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 13, 2013 16:51     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sad news. I very much liked his drumming on the olde Maiden albums.

R.I.P. Clive...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 13, 2013 17:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sad indeed. Clive rocked!!!

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 14, 2013 05:01     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sad news indeed

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

G_o_U
VoivodFan
Member # 1482

posted March 14, 2013 08:02     Profile for G_o_U   Email G_o_U     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only the good die young...
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted March 15, 2013 12:14     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So sad.

Oh, those early Maiden albums...sigh...two words: gateway drug!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 15, 2013 14:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Over the last 2 days I've listened to Iron Maiden, Killers, and Number of the Beast in remembrance of Clive, and they still hold up to any metal album today. Just great classic metal. NWOBHM at it's best.

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 15, 2013 15:38     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Oh, those early Maiden albums...sigh...two words: gateway drug!

So true, in the best sense of the term. Early Maiden was such gateway to heavy metal for so many young impressionable (soon to be) metalheads. Amazing how well those old Iron Maiden albums still hold up today. Great musicians, great songs, Derek Riggs artwork, Martin Birch recordings... a perfect storm of awesome all around!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 15, 2013 17:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Iron Maiden are probably the single most reason I became a metal head. Before I heard them I was more into various new wavy shit, and older prog rock (The Cars, Yes, Deep Purple, Queen, ELO, Kansas,ELP, etc), but after seeing those early Maiden clips on MTV (when they actually played music videos) the power and aggression of the music just opened up my ears and mind. They combined elements of bands I already loved and loaded them up with steroids and energy. Judas Priest was probably the other metal band that got me hooked. From there it just exploded for me, and exploring all the NWOBHM bands was a total thrill ride. Saxon, early Def Leppard, Diamond Head, ... it was like being reborn.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 23, 2013 19:18     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great guy, sorely missed, always had a smile...Rest in Peace sir Clive.

--------------------

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted March 26, 2013 10:20     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My first metal record was Killers, and it's still one of my favorites.

Clive's drum parts always felt like guitar riffs to me. I remember many of the songs based on his drum "riffs" even more than the guitar parts.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 09, 2013 15:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the strangest thing just happened.

Weeks before Clive died I decided to "friend"
Clive o n facebook, little did I know he was going to die soon...

Now he is gone for some days now I got a notification that Clive and I are friends...

wtf??

--------------------

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted April 09, 2013 15:42     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Imagine the Band up there:

Clive Burr - Drums
Ronnie James Dio - Vocals
Dennis "Piggy" D'Amour - Guitar
Clive Burton - Bass

R.I.P.

Michael \m/

--------------------

Inside a giant particle accelerator,a beam of protons,traveling at near the speed of light meets a beam of antiprotons moving equally fast in the opposite direction.The protons and mirror-image antiprotons annihilate each other,creating the fiery chaos of a parallel micro-galaxy.Experiment one complete,the VOIVOD goes into that new dimension,meeting different civilisations and psychic entities,extracting knowledge and energy in the eight programs of this project called: D I M E N S I O N H A T R Ö S S

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan