my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Any Into Another fans on here?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Into Another fans on here?
Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted March 03, 2013 13:11     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love 'em and am just a LITTLE bit excited that I will get to see them for the first time in NYC on April 26th, while I'm on holiday over there. WOOHOO!

Out of interest, if you do like 'em, do you like all eras, or are there any albums you're not into?

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 03, 2013 19:34     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't a clue who they are, guess I could google them but I'm too lazy!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 03, 2013 19:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never heard of them either so I tracked this down on youtube. pretty cool & interesting
Into Another - T.A.I.L.

This is why I love this forum... to hear new stuff that others on hear listen to to but I've never heard of.

Listening to this one now
Mutate Me
T.A.I.L. obviously intriqued me enough to listen to more. I'm diggin' it

--------------------

yawn

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted March 04, 2013 08:47     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder - really glad you're liking it! I love them.

Despite not being at all a hardcore sounding band, they seem to have been beloved by a mainly hardcore crowd. Richie, the singer, was in a hardcore band called Underdog before he was in Into Another, so I guess they all kind of grew up around that NYHC scene. My husband is the one who got me into them and he grew up around that same scene - going to Sunday matinee shows at CBGB's when he was in his mid-teens etc. His nickname was the Moshpit Steamroller, haha!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 04, 2013 13:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not my cup of tea at all.
No, not evil enough...

What makes this you like it so much??

I would say it is a weak kind of Soundgarden

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 04, 2013 14:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think they have a cool groove, great hooks, I dig the vocals. I'm easy to please. I like a wide range of music and styles. There's nothing about this band that I dislike or turns me off.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 04, 2013 15:43     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is cool Dave, i am always looking for extremes in music. I totally like bands like Meshuggah, Kreator, Tryptikon etc.

For everyone there is something cool to find, btw i have your Katorz cd here. Must send it one of these days...

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 04, 2013 19:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NO Hurry, it's not like I don't already have about 6 different versions to listen to already!!!

--------------------

yawn

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted March 04, 2013 20:52     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was right when Revelation was starting to put out non-hardcore material, it was that more metallic-edged melodic stuff such as this. The Into Another record was one of the first Rev releases I didn't buy. Prior to that time, it was all kick-ass hardcore, but it started getting metally with the Judge album, Burn 7", etc. Ugh. Do not want.

I also didn't find out until after he died that Tony Bono from the mighty WHIPLASH was in this band. I suppose I would have found out if I bothered to buy it! But I just have no stomach for that kind of sound.

But the original Tony/Tony/Tony Whiplash, NOW we're talkin!

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 07, 2013 17:43     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 07, 2013 23:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
how do you REALLY feel about them Hatross? LMFAO!!!

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 08, 2013 17:25     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ha! I at least used the politically correct term for the way this muic will make you appear to others. You know me man... I don't like living in the country when the left is behind the wheel but them dems must have made an impression? Either that or I'm am just going easy on the noob...?

an atrocious fella such as myself

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan