my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 75 Min voivod Special with Snake on my Radio show

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 75 Min voivod Special with Snake on my Radio show
Rich
VoivodFan
Member # 1481

posted February 24, 2013 08:35     Profile for Rich   Email Rich     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys,

I'm a dj on a UK Metal radio station called Bloodstock Radio, and Voivod are one of my all-time favourite bands.

I recently did a Voivod Special with a long interview with Snake on my show, and it's available to listen to online now!

Here are the details and the link, and I hope you enjoy it!

Great forum btw, will be a regular visitor now, have been a Voivod fan since 1988!

Cheers!
Rich

Here's the info

Starting at the 46 minute 40 second mark is an in-depth Voivod interview feature, in which vocalist Snake traces the 30 year history of the innovative and highly original Canadian band, from 1983 to the current album "Target Earth". Running at over an hour in length, the interview features Snake's choice of songs from throughout the band's career, from their early thrash punk sound, following their journey to the progressive outer limits of Metal. Snake also discusses the formation of the band's current line up featuring returning original bassist Blacky and new guitarist Dan "Chewy" Mongrain, the recording of "Target Earth" and the band's future plans.
http://www.mixcloud.com/richdav1/rich-davenports-rock-show-voivod-special-outlaws-and-crashdiet-interviews/

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 24, 2013 09:50     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool of you to post this!

And yes, this is the nicest place on the whole internet!!
Many on here will tell you so,

Please come here more often and tell somthing about yourself if you want to. See the "lurker no more". Section. More have done so.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 24, 2013 11:49     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh nice! I'll have to wait until I'm back at home to give it a full listen. Thanks for the heads up, I'm eager to hear it!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 24, 2013 18:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to VVF Rich.
Thanks for the link.
We are all a nice bunch of fucks, and it's pppaaaüüülll's turn to buy drinks for the newest member, so go to your local pub, tavern, or bar and order whatever you want and send him the bill!!!

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 24, 2013 20:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looking forward to this. Thanks for putting it together man!
G_o_U
VoivodFan
Member # 1482

posted February 25, 2013 02:34     Profile for G_o_U   Email G_o_U     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is great, thanks!
Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 25, 2013 05:51     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for sharing this, Rich...very cool!

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 25, 2013 11:40     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, and Welcome Rich! Ha, nice accent.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 25, 2013 11:43     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And, Welcome to G_o_U too!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 25, 2013 12:13     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Loving this interview. Great to have Snake's perspective.

--------------------

Rich
VoivodFan
Member # 1481

posted February 25, 2013 14:57     Profile for Rich   Email Rich     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys,

Many thanks for the warm welcome and the kind comments about the show!

It was a bit of a labour of love for me, I've been a fan of Voivod since I was 16, a loooong time ago!!!!

I got some money for my 16th birthday, and bought "Rrrrooooooaaaaarrr" and "Killing Technology", and that was it!!!

Looking forward to chatting with you all on here regularly!

All the best
Rich

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 25, 2013 18:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was almost 16 when I bought 'Nothingface' on cassette back in late '89 (I didn't have a CD player), and the rest is history.

Thanks for the link, and welcome to the lot!

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 26, 2013 02:36     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I enjoyed Snake picking the songs. One has to wonder if those choices were based on his favorites, or perhaps some of his personal favorite vocal performances.

"The Prow" was no surprise, but I was a bit surprised at "The Lost Machine", also my favorite on TOL.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 26, 2013 06:46     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, this reminds me of how i got involved into Voivod.

I was sitting in a bar named:
Heavy metal soundhouse "TOON" where we just discussed how crappy the new Venom lp "Possessed" was. We called it then disco-black-metal or something like that.

The tender told me about a band that was called Voivod and has an album out named: "RRROOOAAARR"....

We smiled about it and a little later I found myself in "Dollhouse" buying this very album.

It took me several years to see them for the first time in my life on the TOL touor in Tilburg in 1993.

Now I am about 30 years further and still totaly hooked on FUCKING ALL albums except some of the latest ones............

During my studying times I used to play all Voivod albums at home with my nose in my books. i played it so loud, my parents were bothered by it. But I only noticed that one side of the lp had ended because of the silence that gave. I did not hear the music I kinda sponged it all up in my mind.

Ahhhh... memories....

--------------------

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted March 03, 2013 13:07     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OOH! Am excited to listen to this soon - nice one, Rich!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted March 11, 2013 12:54     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I enjoyed your show, Rich! Just the thing to keep the cabin fever at bay during an unexpected snowy weekend here in the lowlands.

Incidentally, I read a few weeks back that Snake was having some health problems but that was on Blabbermouth so who knows. If it was true he should be on the mend by now. I hope so. Enough setbacks for Voivod, and besides, this is the Year of the Snake, right?!

Cheers,
Leslie

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 11, 2013 14:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Yes, Snake had diverticulitus. Now, don't ask me if I spelled that correctly or not, haha. From what was broadcast on farcebook, he is doing well. And, I hope his recovery is going well too.

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 13, 2013 16:52     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A belated thanks and welcome to the bored.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan