my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Lyrics, please

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyrics, please
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 25, 2013 14:33     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought Target Earth yesterday from Amazon. However, it didn't include the booklet...only the MP3s.

I can't understand 90% of what Snake is singing, and it sux that I don't have the lyrics.

Can someone plz. provide the lyrics to all the songs? I looked at some of the lyric websites out there, but no joy. Any format will do - take a picture with your phone and upload that if you must - but this is driving me crazy.

Thanks!

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 25, 2013 16:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
another reason I don't buy downloads.

Snakes just singing about girls, cars, and drugs... it's almost just like Motley Crue lyrics.

--------------------

yawn

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 25, 2013 17:03     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
> Snakes just singing about girls, cars, and drugs... it's almost just like Motley Crue lyrics.

I don't belieeeeeeeeve you! Anyway, comparing Motley Crue to Voivod is like comparing apples and nuclear reactors.

How about them lyrics, people?

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 25, 2013 17:11     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metal-Archives has what you need Shred...

Target Earth @ Metal-Archives

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 25, 2013 17:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metal Archives to the rescue!

--------------------

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 25, 2013 19:20     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

(...and I might just learn some French too (Corps Etranger)).

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 25, 2013 21:42     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gotta say, the lyrics on Target Earth are pretty much awesome!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 25, 2013 23:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link XD. I didn't want to have to type out all of Corps Etranger to find out exactly what Snake was singing about. I did a search on the title and found out it meant "Foreign body"
After copying and pasting the lyrics into babblefish here's the translation:
In a fluid, I travel
Looking for the host, the passage
Then I fixed the mooring
And drinks me to the soul

There is no point to resist
You fighting, but the Interior
Something must die
So someday, somewhere
I come back to life

You will live in this being two
But you share from one day to another
Something needs to rot
For a night, a few rats
Bring me to life

Day and night, I am the
I am step
You can me escape
I am the shadow of yourself
No matter what you do
All had no effect
The mirror does not lie
Your reflection disappears

Foreign, strange body,
Strange, foreign body
Without immunity
How y resist
I live in you
I see you harmful
I feel compatible
I'm in you

Foreign, strange body,
Strange, foreign body
I am disease
Your habit of life
I see in you
Now what is left
This easy prey
I become you

Give me your trust and fund you in confidence
I will always be, I you'll to death
A shoulder to tell you, the death cannot be worse

Your dead body I'll out me
To more quickly put me a run

Something will afford
So in the morning, in a pool
I come back to life

--------------------

yawn

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted January 26, 2013 02:49     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, but where are the girls, cars and drugs?

Seriously, I REALLY think that the lyrics are outstanding... Snake not only did much more interesting vocal arrangements this time, but also wrote some deep, meaningful and evocative lyrics. There's some seriously powerful images painted through words in there. Kluskap O'kom and Warchaic come to my mind right now.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 27, 2013 08:47     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShredTilDead:
[QB]I bought Target Earth yesterday from Amazon. However, it didn't include the booklet...only the MP3s.

/QB]

I would never ever buy a cd on mp3 like that.
Whithout the booklet you haven't got the whole deal. Its also about visuality Imo.

Around me I keep hearing people are returning to vinyl... Good...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 27, 2013 12:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A VOIVOD album without having Away's art, and Snake's lyrics is an incomplete Voivod album.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 28, 2013 11:31     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
A VOIVOD album without having Away's art, and Snake's lyrics is an incomplete Voivod album.

Amen father schroeder! Haha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 28, 2013 14:30     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
> A VOIVOD album without having Away's art, and Snake's lyrics is an incomplete Voivod album.

I dunno - "Phobos" didn't have any of Snake's lyrics, and that's one of my favorite Voivod albums...

By the way, can someone please explain a little more about Kluskap O'Kom? I gather that Kluskap is a legendary "god-giant-hero-protohuman" (http://www.smeddum.net/provings/roineabhal/kluskap_pop.htm), and have found lots of stories & legends about him. Snake's lyrics on this song take on another meaning entirely, based on what I've read so far about Kluskap.

But what is "O'Kom"? I can't find that anywhere.

Help a non-Canadian understand...!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 28, 2013 14:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
O'Kom is Dutch for Oh Come.
I assume the title sort of means Oh Come Kluskap. Like calling on him for help. The lyrics seem to be an overview of his adventures. He's an Indian folklore and has many story told about him from tribes. At least that's what I gathered from my online research.

I agree, that Phobos & Negatron were both cool and were not penned by Snake.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan