my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » My Music collection on discogs.com (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: My Music collection on discogs.com
phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted January 24, 2013 03:06     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Buddys,
Music is my hobby, everytime, everywhere i have the chance to listen to music i'll do it.I like to see some collections here, if it is possible. So what about you guys??? Show me your collection,
here is a link to my Musick collection:

discogs.com

Greets
Michael \m/

--------------------

Inside a giant particle accelerator,a beam of protons,traveling at near the speed of light meets a beam of antiprotons moving equally fast in the opposite direction.The protons and mirror-image antiprotons annihilate each other,creating the fiery chaos of a parallel micro-galaxy.Experiment one complete,the VOIVOD goes into that new dimension,meeting different civilisations and psychic entities,extracting knowledge and energy in the eight programs of this project called: D I M E N S I O N H A T R Ö S S

|  IP: Logged
dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 07, 2013 15:46     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awesome! I wish i had the time to load each thing i have onto there! i update an excel file each time i buy something (only CDs are listed on there though..) so i know what i have and don't. if there was a way for me to show that without it being a hassle, i'll upload it.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 07, 2013 16:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not even going to attempt to take the time to checking off everything I have on the Discogs site. I will say that ever since you told me about that place, I've been one hell of a good customer there. I've been able to track down a lot thing I can't find anywhere else on Doscogs.

I'll be taking some pics of my VOIVOD collection soon. I'm still waiting on the Dimension Hatross korean vinyl, and Katorz japanese cd to arrive, before the photo shoot begins.

--------------------

yawn

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted February 07, 2013 17:04     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
discogs is cool, but I don't build collections. for the same reason as schroerer, I guess.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 07, 2013 17:15     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It gets a bit hectic to type each one in or find it on the site i would imagine. i originally started it because i was dating a guy who was shifty as fuck, and i knew if anything ever happened to us that he'd try and say a bunch of my stuff was his. i knew this was the only way i could keep track of it all and i just kinda kept with it.

i'm a nerd, but it's good to know that others are out there!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 07, 2013 18:08     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How do you even stand to do this? You all have so much, I feel so inadequate...or maybe I don't make enough money, haha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 07, 2013 22:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't go to bars, or many shows, and nobody seems to want to date me right now. I have a boring life and money to spend on music.

--------------------

yawn

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 07, 2013 23:02     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just dont buy anything other than food and music. i make jack shit selling records for a living, but atleast i get a deal on stuff. my paycheck usually just goes right back to the shop.
Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 08, 2013 07:29     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amy - my collection is teeny tiny compared to most of these guys. You are not alone (heheh)!

I amass more books than music, although I always want more of both...

And again, I've never really earned enough to have a lot of free cash to spend on books or music - but I'm more likely to buy a book than a cd/record with any spare cash I do have cos I am a book fetishist and I actually don't mind listening to mp3s, much of the time. I know that makes me a heretic on here, and it obviously doesn't apply to music by the bands that matter most to me, but I'm just being honest about it ;-)

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 08, 2013 11:00     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm familiar with jack shit. Nah, most of my earnings go toward flying round like an a-hole. Debt be gone!!!!!

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 08, 2013 20:02     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I started playing with the collection thing on there after seeing phobos777's link. It's pretty fun, but oh what a timekiller, haha.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 10, 2013 15:34     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha, how far did you get?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 10, 2013 17:03     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dotrot_thrash:
haha, how far did you get?

Um, further than I would like to admit, haha. Started adding CDs, but still have a lot to go... Haven't started on vinyl yet, except for a few that I could easily identify outright. It goes pretty fast, actually. Feel free to check out my progress if you like.

PlanetXD @ Discogs.com

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 10, 2013 17:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HOLY SHIT X-D!!!!! 23 pages already!!!!
Where did you even begin? Just pick a band you knew you had a lot of stuff by and just start clicking off what you own?

It's just too overwhelming a project for me to start. I used to write down each and every item I had in my collection on a file card. Band - title - label - number - songs - anything significant about the release....
After amassing probably around 5000+ file cards and several long ass file drawer boxes with everything alphabetized and chronological and all sorts of cross references, and other cards that had the dates new items were added and a running numer of how many I owned that match the number I would also put on the card of whatever I purchased.... SHIT!!!! I realized THIS IS JUST TOO FUCKING MUCH to be doing every time I bought something. I finally decided to stop, threw all the file cards away and just decided to enjoy collecting and listening to the music, reading the liner notes and lyrics, and enjoying the cool artwork. Doing all the filing made it more like a job, and I'd freak out if I thought I'd misnumbered something and spend hours trying to figure out what I did wrong.... I was a crazy anal whacko!!!

Thanks for listening, now enjoy the complimentary coffee and donuts and please put a dollar in the collection basket we're passing around.

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 10, 2013 19:29     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
HOLY SHIT X-D!!!!! 23 pages already!!!!
Where did you even begin? Just pick a band you knew you had a lot of stuff by and just start clicking off what you own?

I sometimes work from home with my laptop right next to my CD racks, so just started adding them in from A, onwards. I wasn't gonna do it, but it's kind of fun and truthfully, it'll be nice to have a way to reference my physical collection online.

Totally know what you mean about not worrying about cataloging everything and just enjoying the music though. I go back and forth with this myself and have always kept an Excel spreadsheet of everything I own, as well using a great database app called
OrangCD Suite to track my rips/mp3s. I've always done it little by little, so never seemed like a big effort, but my collection is modest compared to some folks here.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 10, 2013 20:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know if I started something like this I would hours upon hours doing it once I started and lose sleep, ignore too many other important things and lose track of time completely. It's so tempting because it would be totally cool to have my collection online and handy any time I needed to see if I had something.

Must resist!!!

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 11, 2013 11:13     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I know if I started something like this I would hours upon hours doing it once I started and lose sleep, ignore too many other important things and lose track of time completely.

You could hire someone to do this for you. I'll be right over! hahahahaha

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 11, 2013 14:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if I pay someone to do it that means there's money I won't have to buy more vinyl and cds to add to the collection that I'll never get put online!!!!
Why do you think I do all my own work on my car, house and anything else most people pay someone else to do? It's all about having $$$ for music.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 11, 2013 14:24     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell, I'd do it for free if I lived closer. But then again, I might faint from the overwhelming MASS of it ALL! I'm cheap, just give me beer and feed me a rare steak now and again.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 11, 2013 15:44     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Hell, I'd do it for free if I lived closer. But then again, I might faint from the overwhelming MASS of it ALL! I'm cheap, just give me beer and feed me a rare steak now and again.

Or a patat oorlog

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 11, 2013 15:49     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yessssssss to the OORLOG!

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 15, 2013 12:32     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great collection, Phobos777!

I started a discogs account after seeing yours. It takes a bunch of time I just can't afford to spend, but it sure is fun. A bunch of my KISS stuff isn't listed, so I need to submit several of my promo 45rpm.

My son started his yesterday. He gets a kick out of checking the values afterward. He bought a radio station promo of The Wall last year for $8. He about shit when it showed a median value of $214.

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 15, 2013 18:51     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
gahhh! i wish you guys would stop talking about it because now i want to start putting my stuff on there! give me a few more days. I'm sure I'll cave by then. :P
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 15, 2013 23:07     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I gotta say, as much of a timekiller as it is, it's been kind of a fun review of my CD collection so far. Really noticed a lack of direction in a lot of stuff I bought in the 1990s that still lingers among my CDs. Will be interesting to see what is revealed with addition of my vinyl collection to this online catalog, haha.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 07, 2013 19:19     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember when this was a very seminal website back in the early decade (well '00 - '09 one haha), I plugged in a bunch of stuff I had but lost track of it and eventually it went under or something, I'm glad I didn't invest much time into it.

But this one here is pretty cool, I'm already up to 800+ entries! What sucks though is they don't have everything, and I'm too lazy to create a whole page for something. I DID however create 2 pages for my early glam Pantera cassettes, and some fag took my album cover pic down cuz it wasn't "a pic of the cassette", so I said ok tightwad here are the actual pics of MY actual tapes lol.

They don't have any of my Lynyrd Skynyrd Japanese SHMD CD's on there either, which is weird, but proves to me how rare they really are hehe. Maybe one day I'll take the time to create the boxset entry.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan