my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Target Earth pre-order (Page 8)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Target Earth pre-order
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted January 28, 2013 02:33     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An overdue thanks to nothingface for the kind words of welcoming back from the,"Jack Luminous" thread
awhile back...I know this is kinda dated,but I wanted to echo the same buildup and anxious speculation felt by chaosmongers stateside who had pre-ordered this long awaited release before it came back out on 1.22.13...still waiting on the box set order...went ahead and got the regular version...I will put a "Target Earth" record review in that topic thread soon! Put on this masterwork and play this fucker up very loud!!!!

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 28, 2013 11:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggďďďrrr:
I was about to go to bed after a last yummy vodka shot, but all this Target Earth talk made me spin my CD once again. Yep, at 4:57 AM chilean time Kluskap O Kom just started playing again!

Here's me yesterday evening. After eating a plate full of my delicious green chile chicken enchiladas, I went to the local beer pouring establishment, had my fill, went home and played Target Earf with lyrics in hand for the first time in my slightly drunken state. I need a better stereo, like NOW.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 28, 2013 15:40     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're welcome, neutronboy2000.

Luna, I've actually begun hi-fi headphone shopping since getting the new album. I had no idea how deep (and expensive) that forest was til I went walking. I'm looking forward to a seriously in-depth listen very soon.

Those "head-fi" people don't fuck around when it comes to 'cans'! Holy shit.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 28, 2013 18:02     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Neutronboy, shit, haven't heard from you in ages! Still in H-Town?

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 28, 2013 18:06     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
You're welcome, neutronboy2000.

Luna, I've actually begun hi-fi headphone shopping since getting the new album. I had no idea how deep (and expensive) that forest was til I went walking. I'm looking forward to a seriously in-depth listen very soon.

Those "head-fi" people don't fuck around when it comes to 'cans'! Holy shit.

I like going both ways, sorta "audio bisexual" if you will. Jamming music really loud through a nice stereo or jamming through nice headphones. Although I admit I do not own high end quality of either outlet, what is so special about all these headphones you see on TV (Dr. Dre etc)?

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 28, 2013 19:53     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Although I admit I do not own high end quality of either outlet, what is so special about all these headphones you see on TV (Dr. Dre etc)?

While I was never considering the Beats by Dre headphones, I've learned that "head-fi" crowd thinks they are a joke, comparatively.

The side-by-side comparisons I've read between the high end headphones is likely beyond anything my stage-weathered ears could discern, but for starters

I'm going to check out the Grado SR225i tomorrow. There are over a dozen recommendations for listening to "prog" or "metal", so the journey begins.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 29, 2013 08:39     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now the boxset is also out of stock at EuroDistro. Thank dog I already requested my copy.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted January 29, 2013 12:58     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally got my Red Vinyl and Boxset from CMdistro.de ! I really like the boxset, there's a bit of room to store some souvenirs from roadburn 2012.

as far as cans go, I like my AKG141 a lot, nice low end.

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent ŕ supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted January 29, 2013 17:07     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My cd boxset arrived from CMdistro.de the other day here in New Zealand.
Very impressed with the quality.

The band has done themselves proud with this release - it really feels like a complete effort from all involved.

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted January 29, 2013 17:21     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Newclear...good to hear from u as well! I feel so welcome back here in "virtual-Morgoth" land of Voivodfan.com...I'm still here in H-Town...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 29, 2013 19:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Neutronboy: Come around more often, these are exciting times upon us right now!

On the topic of these "ear boobs", I've had a pair I got at Costco 5 yrs ago and they were adequate but I want to get a better pair perhaps geared towards dilligent studio listening and pros of the audio field. Only problem I cannot afford to shell out $300, but I realize these babies are not cheap.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 29, 2013 19:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW I just checked CMDistro and they have the box sets!!!

Sorry Voivod, of course you are worth paying the overseas import price (which I would have if that's what it came down to) but I be broke these days

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 29, 2013 20:22     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
BTW I just checked CMDistro and they have the box sets!!!

Sorry Voivod, of course you are worth paying the overseas import price (which I would have if that's what it came down to) but I be broke these days

Awesome, thanks for the head's up John! My order has been placed for the box set.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted January 29, 2013 21:39     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Awesome, thanks for the head's up John! My order has been placed for the box set.

Ditto! I'm glad I held out for the US site to get it. I was getting doubtful, but I know it will be worth the wait. Picked up the vinyl too. The only thing I need now are some TOUR DATES! (in North America, that is)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 30, 2013 10:29     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still waiting on my order from CM. Damnation they're slow!!! Believe I will order that boxset though.....perhaps I'll see it before Christmas............
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 30, 2013 12:36     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Still waiting on my order from CM. Damnation they're slow!!! Believe I will order that boxset though.....perhaps I'll see it before Christmas............

Dang Lee, that is slow! CM Shipping options seem kind of pricey too with the box set running $8 for standard shipping.

I noticed Iron Gang has the regular edition CD up for sale now too, but no vinyl or special editions, yet. Too bad they didn't (our couldn't) leverage IGF deals for the initial release as I know a lot of us would have gone there in an instant, even it if meant a slightly higher cost. And hey, it looks like IGF took down the Roadburn vinyl... wonder if it's offically sold out now?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 30, 2013 13:47     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:

I still havnen't received my CD, even though I pre-ordered it and it's been out for a week. Grrr...

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted January 30, 2013 23:59     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Proof that I'm getting old: I didn't buy Target Earth on day one.

I wasn't going to buy the box, but after much hemming and hawing, I feel like I'll be kicking myself if I don't. Even if I wasn't gigantic, that belt is pretty, uh, 'delicate-looking' let's say. Postcards? Stickers? File under "useless garbage" that get folks all jacked up to pay too much.

That being said, I think $28 is not unreasonable for the cool-guy edition of the CD, plus the Roadburn CD, plus a handful of said useless garbage including a dainty belt that I'll be giving to my dog to chew on.

So ya hit checkout, and the "base fee" for processing is $2 plus $8 postage. $10 added on a $28 item, all I can do is remind myself that we're all getting ground down by our various governments, this is grin-and-bear-it stuff.

Cranky old fuck,
PAULIE

PS THE RESIDENTS on tour right now in the US, Europe in a few weeks! Go see em!

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 31, 2013 02:12     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
Proof that I'm getting old: I didn't buy Target Earth on day one.

I wasn't going to buy the box, but after much hemming and hawing, I feel like I'll be kicking myself if I don't. Even if I wasn't gigantic, that belt is pretty, uh, 'delicate-looking' let's say. Postcards? Stickers? File under "useless garbage" that get folks all jacked up to pay too much.

That being said, I think $28 is not unreasonable for the cool-guy edition of the CD, plus the Roadburn CD, plus a handful of said useless garbage including a dainty belt that I'll be giving to my dog to chew on.

So ya hit checkout, and the "base fee" for processing is $2 plus $8 postage. $10 added on a $28 item, all I can do is remind myself that we're all getting ground down by our various governments, this is grin-and-bear-it stuff.

Cranky old fuck,
PAULIE

PS THE RESIDENTS on tour right now in the US, Europe in a few weeks! Go see em!

Yep. That was pretty cranky-old-fuck sounding. Hope you enjoy the record at least.

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted January 31, 2013 02:58     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

PS THE RESIDENTS on tour right now in the US, Europe in a few weeks! Go see em![/QB]

THNX for the info, saw them a few years ago at the "Talking Light" tour - Great,absolutely stunning Live performance

Greets
Michael \m/

--------------------

Inside a giant particle accelerator,a beam of protons,traveling at near the speed of light meets a beam of antiprotons moving equally fast in the opposite direction.The protons and mirror-image antiprotons annihilate each other,creating the fiery chaos of a parallel micro-galaxy.Experiment one complete,the VOIVOD goes into that new dimension,meeting different civilisations and psychic entities,extracting knowledge and energy in the eight programs of this project called: D I M E N S I O N H A T R Ö S S

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 31, 2013 18:56     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CM in Germany just shipped my box set! AHHHHHHH! So stoked!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 31, 2013 18:58     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just checked the tracking number - IT'S IN CANADA!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 31, 2013 21:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, CM has just shipped my boxset as well.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 01, 2013 17:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN, CM Distro doesn't have the black vinyl listed anymore. I thought that was unlimited?

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 01, 2013 19:19     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
DAMN, CM Distro doesn't have the black vinyl listed anymore. I thought that was unlimited?

At this point, I realize I'm making every effort to NOT order anything from the NA CMDistro store. They are lane. I'll be ordering from the IGF or EuroDistro only.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan