my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Target Earth pre-order (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Target Earth pre-order
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 11, 2013 19:20     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This will instantly become the album I own the most copies of, surpassing my "Love Gun" collection.
 |  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 11, 2013 22:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So far I have 6 different versions on order and hopefully will be 8 if I get the purple & orange vinyl. I don't think that tops my list of most different versions of the same album, but it might top the list of the one that will get played the most!!!

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 12, 2013 06:23     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My Euro to USD conversion chart is spinning. I have no idea how much money I just spent, but with only a couple hundred blue and red, I had to get one of each, and a boxed set. Everything else can wait for now.

I had to translate the Nuclear Blast site step by step, so that was a blurry mindfuck. I think I spent more in shipping than on items.

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted January 12, 2013 08:28     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uhmmmm, Orange and Purple?? Damm, I have to place a third order.... BTW The red vinyl is now also in Germany at NB for sale. Patience would be a good thing in future, because I placed an extra order at CM for that color... hahaha

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 12, 2013 12:39     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
Uhmmmm, Orange and Purple?? Damm, I have to place a third order.... BTW The red vinyl is now also in Germany at NB for sale. Patience would be a good thing in future, because I placed an extra order at CM for that color... hahaha

Yeah, I'm now seeing that NB has the red and the boxed set. If I'd been more thorough last night in my research, I could have saved something like 17,000 Euros in shipping.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 12, 2013 18:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
My Euro to USD conversion chart is spinning. I have no idea how much money I just spent, but with only a couple hundred blue and red, I had to get one of each, and a boxed set. Everything else can wait for now.

I had to translate the Nuclear Blast site step by step, so that was a blurry mindfuck. I think I spent more in shipping than on items.

I went through the same thing. I originally placed an order at CMDistro Europe for the colored vinyl, then went back the other day to order the black vinyl, the box set, and the book cd. I also ordered the other colored vinyl from Nuclear Blast Germany (or where ever I had to translate the site) and paid more in shipping than I did for the record. I wouldn't do this for most bands, but it is VOIVOD. I'm in to deep now, and there's no turning back. Bring on the orange and purple.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 12, 2013 20:34     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I'm in to deep now, and there's no turning back. Bring on the orange and purple.

Now you're talkin'! I'm waiting for them too.

All Voivod need to do is put this thing out in 100 colors and they'll go platinum.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 13, 2013 05:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
Now you're talkin'! I'm waiting for them too.

All Voivod need to do is put this thing out in 100 colors and they'll go platinum.

LOL

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted January 13, 2013 22:56     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I have no clue why CM Distro is waiting so long to take orders on this.

I think I know.

This same thing happened with the HELLHAMMER "Demon Entrails" 3x pic disk. It was listed on the site, but every day it was unavailable, unavailable, unavailable. Saw it at another distributor, bought it immediately (for almost double the price). About a week later, CM is taking orders for it.

What I think is happening is, CM likely has to get copies to other distributors first, and let them get head-sales on product. Otherwise, no one would buy from the other distributors at all, everyone would go directly to CM who can obviously undercut everyone price-wise. But CM can't handle 100% of the mailorder themselves, they are dependent upon other distributors not only to move product, but also to hook CM up with non-CM product.

Mystery (not necessarily, but probably) solved.

I already have Roadburn on sweet, tasty vinyl from Iron Gang, so fuck it, I can pass on the box. I don't need a belt, thank you!

Old and grizzled,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 14, 2013 09:31     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm with your philosophy, Paulie. Since the album isn't really being released in "the USA" first, technically all other outlets get first dibs, then whatever is left over will become available from CM. Same thing happened with the Mechanical Mind 7" (I think that's what happened)...Anyway, I've ordered the normal CD already and will just hold out for the Ltd Ed mediabook to be released here.

PS: I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT to HEAR THIS!!!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 14, 2013 16:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That makes sense; however, why does CMDISTRO in Europe have everything available to order? Wouldn't they be in the same position as the North America division of the company?

I haven't even found another online store in the states that has the box set, or colored vinyl available to preorder.

A week to go

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 14, 2013 23:06     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
A week to go

The most in incredible thing I've heard so far this year!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 15, 2013 07:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The MOST incredible thing we'll this year will be TARGET EARTH, when the needle hits the vinyl or the laser hits the binary code embedded under the plastic. Euphoria awaits!!!!

I want a time machine just to get to next week.

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted January 16, 2013 06:48     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes! My first Nuclear Blast shipment is sent out. Can't wait to unpack an spin the album

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 16, 2013 10:35     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I got a note confirming my CM USA preorder shipped yesterday. Hoping it makes it's way up the coast by the weekend.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted January 16, 2013 13:14     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It leaked.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 16, 2013 14:29     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
It leaked.

oh, well that took some time considering the thought that it has been around since march 2012...

I will NEVER download it!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 16, 2013 17:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nuclear Blast sent me shipping confirmation also for my blue vinyl!!! The excitement continues to build.
A good friend of mine who heads up the Mid-Atlantic Rock Reviews asked me if I'd like to write a review for Target Earth... I answered with a loud HELL YEA!!! I told him it might have to be edited down because I might get carried away writing about how God-Like Voivod are and how this is the best album of the century.
I'm not even going to listen to the stream of it, because I want my first complete listen to be from the cd or vinyl... whichever arrives first.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 16, 2013 20:26     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got my NB confirmation too!
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted January 17, 2013 08:47     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can only wait for my local metal record store to have it on time next week ... mailorders would take too much (disadvantages of living in the ass of the world), so I'll order online just the fancy stuff (boxset, vinyl, etc.) and buy the normal CD for the first listen locally.

This record store has even had some CDs before the official release dates (last 3 Voivod were available like 2-3 days before the release date), so I'm harassing and threatening the owner to make him call me as soon as the shipment arrives. I'm sure I am the "annoying Voivod dude" for him already.

And listening to the streaming is NOT an option for me. No way I'm gonna spoil such a special moment as the first proper CD opening/reading/listening. That will be a golden moment.

This is the longest week ever

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 17, 2013 09:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow... I'm slacking here! Thought I was gonna have to quit my job to go on tour next month so been avoiding spending any money. Turns out I have a job to come back to, so I can get my orders in!

No way am I listening to that stream first either! Gonna be headphones on with the curtains closed on release day! Now to work out where to order it from. NB I expect.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 17, 2013 10:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, is it going to be available in IGF??

--------------------

String em up

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted January 17, 2013 11:18     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not ashamed to say I've been listening to Target Earth & enjoying it so much via the CBC Music stream! I'll buy it when it's out, but for now, well, let's just say that January had been a drag for several reasons, and this is proving way more effective (and cheaper) than therapy and more satisfying (and sensible) than throwing punches
Love it.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 17, 2013 11:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:

No way am I listening to that stream first either! Gonna be headphones on with the curtains closed on release day!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted January 17, 2013 12:45     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Received the first package today and spinning the vinyl right now. What an awesome record

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan