my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Registration re-open

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Registration re-open
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted November 28, 2012 14:04     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok the registration on the voivodfan forum is now re-open.
 |  IP: Logged
hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted November 28, 2012 15:20     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
huh? was it closed? why?

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted November 29, 2012 16:06     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oue b'en yeap it was close, not exactly sure why, perhaps something was wrong with the transfer over to the new server, but I was not aware really until someone contacted me over the IGF. So now ppl can register and join the gang, icite...
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted December 01, 2012 03:41     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For a brief moment in time, this was a closed party.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted December 02, 2012 13:25     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
unfortunetly it is still not working, something to do with the captcha database, i'm still working on it.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted December 02, 2012 13:52     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We got away from using Captcha since we were still getting loads of spam registrations on my site, so we went with a question system. It's been really effective.

So many spammers are "real" people now, so Captcha is not nearly as effective anymore.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted December 02, 2012 14:36     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I know, so I removed it for now and it seem to work, I was able to register. So it's UP and RUNNING...for now! Skul and I will keep an eye on the registrations. But if you guys see post that are not appropriate please let me know, deal!
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted December 02, 2012 14:47     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok registration is up and already some suspicious registration are coming in...eventually I think it's time to get on a better app, perhaps phpBB, that's the one I know best.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted December 02, 2012 21:05     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We used to get quite a few spam registrations a day. We began copying the IP addresses, and checking them with stopforumspam. A lot of your spam comes from a handful of IP addresses.

Back in 2000, I started with UBB since Yuri was using it. Once they fell away, I moved to vBulletin. It's awesome! It will require a full upgrade to the site, but worth all the work. Their new version, vB5 will be out next year (probably) and is another huge jump for them.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 04, 2012 05:49     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
not working for a buddy of mine. he gets: "Not accepting new registrations at this time"....

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted December 04, 2012 16:55     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes I know I shut it down, best is to tell them to send an email to blacky@irongang.com with subject VVF registration, that way I can manually set their account. Problem is the site gets attack in few minutes once I reset it. I'm looking is migrating to a more customizable platform, like phpBB, UBB is sort of dead since we need to get license $59 or $139

OK let's see I will activate it again but this time with the approval set to ON, that we will have to approved manually, but if the whole thing gets flooded I will have to resort to the migration.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted December 06, 2012 12:45     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok filtering option is not working, too much manual check, so let people know that they should email me directly, info AT voivodfan.com (@ with no space)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan